Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    For once I think it may take 45 or more wins to get the 8th seed
    Don't think so to be honest. Maybe in the West, but not in the East.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
      Don't think so to be honest. Maybe in the West, but not in the East.
      Miami will drop off a bit...but Charlotte, Chicago, Atlanta, Toronto, Washington are all coming back better
      Indiana will probably hold or drop off a bit.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        Miami will drop off a bit...but Charlotte, Chicago, Atlanta, Toronto, Washington are all coming back better
        Indiana will probably hold or drop off a bit.
        You know what, you could be right. ATL was 8th last season, with 38 Wins. I guess we could potentially see 45 Wins.

Though, I think that depends on how bad the "lower" half the East is.

Comment

We had one of the best seasons in terms of injury. None of our major players were injured for extended period of time while many other teams had their stars out for a long time ( Chicago, Hawks, Boston and ...).

Comment

With Melo reportedly going back to the Knicks, East is wide open this year.

I don't think Raps get #1 but should win Atlantic and will be 2, 3, or 4.

Comment

Saying Cavs are a lock neglects the fact that LeBron is 30, Cavs have no shooters to surround him and a spotty interior. Melo is just as impactful and the Knicks with the same problems were sub .500. This isnt the Lebron that left Cleveland four years ago.

Comment

This will be Cavs first year together. We don't know how he will jive with Irving, and how Wiggins will play out of the gate. I don't think its that easy to call the Cavs a lock until we actually see them play.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Saying Cavs are a lock neglects the fact that LeBron is 30, Cavs have no shooters to surround him and a spotty interior. Melo is just as impactful and the Knicks with the same problems were sub .500. This isnt the Lebron that left Cleveland four years ago.
                  Melo is not as impactful as LeBron....that is all.

Comment

I predict here that Cavs will have a better record than us at the end of the season.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                      We had one of the best seasons in terms of injury. None of our major players were injured for extended period of time while many other teams had their stars out for a long time ( Chicago, Hawks, Boston and ...).
                      That's true, but who do you think in the Atlantic could have a better record than us?

I think barring a huge injury or a trade by another team we're pretty much locked into the 3 or 4 spot for the playoffs.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                        That's true, but who do you think in the Atlantic could have a better record than us?

I think barring a huge injury or a trade by another team we're pretty much locked into the 3 or 4 spot for the playoffs.
                        I have the highest respect for Phil Jackson and he has been quiet so far waiting on Melo. I will see what he will do for the rest of the summer and will let you know. As far as Nets, I am not sure. Who is their coach now??

Boston and Phily are garbage this year.

Comment

• A bunch of people have Indiana, Cleveland, Chicago and Toronto as their top 4. That's actually impossible because Cleveland, Chicago and Indiana are all in the same division (probably the hardest division in the league now, Detroit and Milwaukee round it out).

Of those three teams, Chicago is probably the worst (unless they land Melo/Pau) which puts them at 5th in the conference.

1. Cleveland
                          2. Indiana
                          3. Toronto
                          4. Atlanta
                          5. Chicago
                          6. Miami
                          7. Washington
                          8. Charlotte

Miami, Atlanta and Washington will be battling HARD for their division title.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post

Everyone's sleeping on Brooklyn

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
                              Everyone's sleeping on Brooklyn
                              Last year, they only became a good team when Lopez went down.

He'll be healthy again.

They have some tough decisions to make.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I have a hard time seeing Brooklyn miss the playoffs and that was the first time Melo has missed the playoffs in his career, so maybe last year was the aberration and not the 2012-2013 Knicks. I still think we win our division, but the Central is wide open.
                                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                                X