Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who Do U Think Looks Good Or Bad In ORL/LV Summer League ?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who Do U Think Looks Good Or Bad In ORL/LV Summer League ?

Totally unrealistic to praise or be critical when watching these games, but i just can't help it...

I watched Philly vs. Orlando and i didn't like my first impression of Elfrid Payton or Aaron Gordon...

Payton did not look good at all... kept dribbling into help/double teams and losing the ball, showed not much as far as passing... I was expecting him to be a little raw but I thought he would look better overall...

As for Gordon he just looked like he has no offensive skills at all... he will for sure need some time, but I was expecting some level of physical and athletic play that would lead to some baskets because of how those games go... he's so young, I wonder if Bruno will be that lost?

Noel looked pretty good in this game... I didn't watch enough of the other games to really get a feel...Marcus Smart looked sort of so-so in the first q of that game...

What are people thinking about the young guns (and scrubs...) in SL?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote aaron.in.toronto wrote: View Post
    Totally unrealistic to praise or be critical when watching these games, but i just can't help it...

I watched Philly vs. Orlando and i didn't like my first impression of Elfrid Payton or Aaron Gordon...

Payton did not look good at all... kept dribbling into help/double teams and losing the ball, showed not much as far as passing... I was expecting him to be a little raw but I thought he would look better overall...

As for Gordon he just looked like he has no offensive skills at all... he will for sure need some time, but I was expecting some level of physical and athletic play that would lead to some baskets because of how those games go... he's so young, I wonder if Bruno will be that lost?

Noel looked pretty good in this game... I didn't watch enough of the other games to really get a feel...Marcus Smart looked sort of so-so in the first q of that game...

What are people thinking about the young guns (and scrubs...) in SL?
    Both are two years away from 2 years away. Not a joke but honesty. Jerami Grant looked OK, like Bruno better, but Grant has tools.

Raptors Republic Starter fredericklove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Both are two years away from 2 years away. Not a joke but honesty. Jerami Grant looked OK, like Bruno better, but Grant has tools.
    Was Grant playing like a tweener out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote fredericklove wrote: View Post
    Was Grant playing like a tweener out there?
    Hard to tell offensively because of Noel but he took at least one jumper I saw and moved like a wing, rebounded. Hard to see because of camera. Orlando can't shoot at all so that made it difficult to judge anything defensively.

5. Like fredericklove liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

yo I hate that Orlando camera angle.
    As far as players go it's too early to judge them. It's only their first SL. Defensively it's hard to judge them. I don't know if it's good defense or just sloppy play.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordan Adams looked pretty solid. Stokes was kind of meh

Post Thanks / Like

Orlando was missing shots by a foot, no rim. Payton couldn't penetrate against scrubs. Noel was a class above, he has nothing to prove in summer league. Impressed by Aaron Craft.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shabazz Napier looked pretty bad out there.

10. Like aaron.in.toronto liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure about your take on Aaron Gordon.

and i didnt watch the game. But i saw the highlights where he had some ridiculous defensive plays. He looked really good in the highlights in terms of defense and running the floor. His jump shot has always been the question though. i still think he was a reach at 4 in the draft. Reminds me of Charlotte's reach for MKG.

Post Thanks / Like

So it looks like a lot of the players people wanted us to draft are not looking good lol. When is our first summer league game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    Im not sure about your take on Aaron Gordon.

and i didnt watch the game. But i saw the highlights where he had some ridiculous defensive plays. He looked really good in the highlights in terms of defense and running the floor. His jump shot has always been the question though. i still think he was a reach at 4 in the draft. Reminds me of Charlotte's reach for MKG.
    He missed really badly on a couple of shots. Nobody questioned his defense but he needs at least some offensive game, especially at #4. Payton looked useless on both sides. Its one game but Orlando is going to struggle to score.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    So it looks like a lot of the players people wanted us to draft are not looking good lol. When is our first summer league game?
    July 11th

We only play in the Las Vegas Summer League
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Post Thanks / Like

He missed really badly on a couple of shots. Nobody questioned his defense but he needs at least some offensive game, especially at #4. Payton looked useless on both sides. Its one game but Orlando is going to struggle to score.
    Payton couldn't handle any ball pressure whatsoever
    I have no idea how hes gonna be able to play PG in an nba game

Post Thanks / Like

Nick Johnson WOW!

17. Like MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Noel looked real good based on the highlights that i saw. The Sixers are an interesting team. They got the 2 best players in last year's draft in Noel and MCW. Then this year, they got arugably the best player again in the draft in Embiid. If Noel and Embiid can stay healthy, the Sixers can be real good.
    Last edited by TRex; Sun Jul 6th, 2014 at 01:47 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    July 11th

We only play in the Las Vegas Summer League
    Thanks man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Payton couldn't handle any ball pressure whatsoever
    I have no idea how hes gonna be able to play PG in an nba game
    Early second, I understood. Late first, a stretch, Top 10 , Bust. Can't believe he rose that much due to workouts. Hope he proves me wrong but he looks to be a long project

Post Thanks / Like

Early second, I understood. Late first, a stretch, Top 10 , Bust. Can't believe he rose that much due to workouts. Hope he proves me wrong but he looks to be a long project
    I think his draft range should have been 12-18

He gonna be a big project because he has minimal PG skills, during his game today he would come over half court and when he felt pressure he would pickup his dribble which is something nobody especially a PG should be doing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information