Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Do U Think Looks Good Or Bad In ORL/LV Summer League ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Do U Think Looks Good Or Bad In ORL/LV Summer League ?

Totally unrealistic to praise or be critical when watching these games, but i just can't help it...

I watched Philly vs. Orlando and i didn't like my first impression of Elfrid Payton or Aaron Gordon...

Payton did not look good at all... kept dribbling into help/double teams and losing the ball, showed not much as far as passing... I was expecting him to be a little raw but I thought he would look better overall...

As for Gordon he just looked like he has no offensive skills at all... he will for sure need some time, but I was expecting some level of physical and athletic play that would lead to some baskets because of how those games go... he's so young, I wonder if Bruno will be that lost?

Noel looked pretty good in this game... I didn't watch enough of the other games to really get a feel...Marcus Smart looked sort of so-so in the first q of that game...

What are people thinking about the young guns (and scrubs...) in SL?
    Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

aaron.in.toronto wrote: View Post
    Totally unrealistic to praise or be critical when watching these games, but i just can't help it...

I watched Philly vs. Orlando and i didn't like my first impression of Elfrid Payton or Aaron Gordon...

Payton did not look good at all... kept dribbling into help/double teams and losing the ball, showed not much as far as passing... I was expecting him to be a little raw but I thought he would look better overall...

As for Gordon he just looked like he has no offensive skills at all... he will for sure need some time, but I was expecting some level of physical and athletic play that would lead to some baskets because of how those games go... he's so young, I wonder if Bruno will be that lost?

Noel looked pretty good in this game... I didn't watch enough of the other games to really get a feel...Marcus Smart looked sort of so-so in the first q of that game...

What are people thinking about the young guns (and scrubs...) in SL?
    Both are two years away from 2 years away. Not a joke but honesty. Jerami Grant looked OK, like Bruno better, but Grant has tools.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Both are two years away from 2 years away. Not a joke but honesty. Jerami Grant looked OK, like Bruno better, but Grant has tools.
      Was Grant playing like a tweener out there?

Comment

fredericklove wrote: View Post
        Was Grant playing like a tweener out there?
        Hard to tell offensively because of Noel but he took at least one jumper I saw and moved like a wing, rebounded. Hard to see because of camera. Orlando can't shoot at all so that made it difficult to judge anything defensively.

Comment

yo I hate that Orlando camera angle.
          As far as players go it's too early to judge them. It's only their first SL. Defensively it's hard to judge them. I don't know if it's good defense or just sloppy play.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Jordan Adams looked pretty solid. Stokes was kind of meh

Comment

Orlando was missing shots by a foot, no rim. Payton couldn't penetrate against scrubs. Noel was a class above, he has nothing to prove in summer league. Impressed by Aaron Craft.

Comment

Shabazz Napier looked pretty bad out there.

Comment

Im not sure about your take on Aaron Gordon.

and i didnt watch the game. But i saw the highlights where he had some ridiculous defensive plays. He looked really good in the highlights in terms of defense and running the floor. His jump shot has always been the question though. i still think he was a reach at 4 in the draft. Reminds me of Charlotte's reach for MKG.

Comment

So it looks like a lot of the players people wanted us to draft are not looking good lol. When is our first summer league game?
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                      Im not sure about your take on Aaron Gordon.

and i didnt watch the game. But i saw the highlights where he had some ridiculous defensive plays. He looked really good in the highlights in terms of defense and running the floor. His jump shot has always been the question though. i still think he was a reach at 4 in the draft. Reminds me of Charlotte's reach for MKG.
                      He missed really badly on a couple of shots. Nobody questioned his defense but he needs at least some offensive game, especially at #4. Payton looked useless on both sides. Its one game but Orlando is going to struggle to score.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                        So it looks like a lot of the players people wanted us to draft are not looking good lol. When is our first summer league game?
                        July 11th

We only play in the Las Vegas Summer League
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          He missed really badly on a couple of shots. Nobody questioned his defense but he needs at least some offensive game, especially at #4. Payton looked useless on both sides. Its one game but Orlando is going to struggle to score.
                          Payton couldn't handle any ball pressure whatsoever
                          I have no idea how hes gonna be able to play PG in an nba game

Comment

Nick Johnson WOW!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X