1) The jerseys ofcourse!
4) 2nd round playoffs
5) Hearing that HELLOOOOO!!!
1) The jerseys ofcourse!
4) 2nd round playoffs
5) Hearing that HELLOOOOO!!!
1. YOUTH: Masai may have completely forced Casey to play young players. Salmons is gone. Novak is gone. Patterson looks to have been moved above Hansbrough in the depth chart. If Bebe gets brought over and takes Hayes's minutes, our team actually gets YOUNGER on paper. I did some very rough math on what our depth chart could look like, with minutes distributions, and we could actually get half a year younger based on weighted-minutes, despite our core getting more experienced.
2. VALANCIUNAS: Time to dominate. Hope he can build up his confidence this year. I'm looking forward to Lowry expanding their big brother/little brother relationship, now that our core is locked in.
3. THE BRAZILIANS: Would love to see both Bruno and Bebe get spot minutes or more.
4. TERRENCE ROSS: He let out a primal scream after his defensive stop late in Game 7, and it looked like a weight was off his back. I'm hoping he can build on that confidence going forward.
5. MASAI UJIRI: I think clearing Novak gives MU some serious flexibility, and he might surprise us all.
Hopefully we get to see this guy on the squad is 2014-2015
Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
1. BRUNO, obviously.....have to be super curious about the unknown.
2. Win a playoff series.
3. Ross taking a big step forward. I've long been a massive fan and it's time for him to be consistent
4. JV coming back hopefully more mobile and fit, as well as excelling in an expanded role.
5. Lowry having another great year after that contract.
1. JV looking like a man playing against men. The Jefferson's and Petrovic's of the world aren't going to move this man off his spot and they aren't going to get to theirs. I expect Jonas to continue his strong playoff performance.
2. Ross, Ross, and more Ross. I love watching this kid shoot. I expect him to take a huge step in his game. He'll be the silent killer on this team, raining three's from the corner and occasionally posterizing people (prediction 15pts, 430 3pt%, 5 reb., 10 new posters).
3. DeMar and Lowry's leadership, both in performance and attitude. Let's see the swagger and the ridiculous faces
4. Ohhhhh the sweet sweet chemistry! The Raptors were so fun to watch when that ball was humming. With basically the same team as last year this team will basically be telepathic. (Love that Williams for Salmons trade!!!!)
5. Just Win Baby......but from the beginning this time....I'm hoping a strong start, and keep it going right to the ECF. I don't want to make comments like since Dec. 12th we have been the best team in the East. It's from the start until the end this year!!!!!
I'm excited as anyone to see Bruno, but I almost hope he doesn't play until the end of the season. I hope the Raps change the way the NBA develops talent. I would like to see him put on 20- 25 lbs. of muscle over this year. It would be cool if they could assemble a cast of 9 former NBA players to scrimmage and coach him throughout the season. Hire him his own shooting, dribbling, defensive, and video coach, English teacher and personal trainer. Keep him in Toronto until the All-star game, let him practice and hangout with the team when they are in town. Send him down to the D-league occasionally. Buy those old Russian training machines that Ivan Drago was using. I want this kid to be a superstar!
Last edited by saints91; Mon Jul 7th, 2014 at 08:12 AM.
1. JV - how he develops this season and how the team approaches using him offensively will be very interesting to me. I think the progress of the team hinges on this more than anything else. We need to consistently utilize JV in the post and PnR in order for him and the team to improve IMO. Will he be more of a centerpiece in the offence? We need an inside scoring presence and a way to generate easy shots for shooters from inside...lets go JV!!
2. Masai - continues to impress. Will he stand pat with what he has going into the season, or will he find ways to improve the team during the season like last year? It will be interesting to see what MU does during the season. I can see guys like Lou, 2Pat, TH, Ross and GV if he resigns as trade bait if the right opportunity presents itself. Possibly lots of cap space next off season so it will be interesting to see what he does, if anything, with our expirings.
3. Demar - silencing the critics once and for all, hopefully. A little better handle should help alot. Better court awareness and passing would also go a long ways. These should improve shot selection. A more consistent effort defensively would be great as well. I don't care if he can guard JJ in the post, but he should be a little better at keeping his man in front of him on the perimeter.
4. Lowry - will he continue playing like he did last season?
5. Bruno and RR - I'd be pleasantly surprised if this kid makes any sort of positive contribution on the court next season. In fact, if he develops into a rotation player in the next 3 seasons I'd be ecstatic. If he develops into a starter it would blow my mind. More interesting though, will be how Raptors fans react to Bruno, his game, and how he is being handled by the coaching staff. Surely, many will want Casey's head if Bruno doesn't get much playing time, especially if he impresses in limited minutes. Anyways, fans are way too excited about this kid atm. It will be fun to see how it goes once the season begins.
1- DD styling with his improved handles
2- Ross swaggin' out of the PnR where he showed flashes last year
4- GV and Lou Will firing heat check 3s off the bench
5- Contending for the #1 seed and torching the Pacers.
Myself (March 2014):
The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.
2. Masai's moves
3. Lowry & DD
4. Free Pizza Slices
5. Aubrey's second year as Global Ambassador
The strength for 2014/15 will be the second lineup offensively. We have added Lou William will add a net of 4/5 points scoring a game. Maintained P Pat. We are still awaiting the decision of GV , once that is concluded. We will still require a tall , athletic SF - Bruno is not that player. A healthy Landry Fields ? As well we require a backup athletic Centre.
IMO we do not require to spend full monies on a MLE for a backup , unless he is a virtual starter like a Spencer Hawes. I would have GV signed to a lengthy contract, and 1 year deals for the last two signings.
1. Demar's new ball handling skills
2. Jonas' dreamshake post skills
3. Lowry's 1st all-star appearance
4. Bruno showing his skillset potential
5. Second consecutive Atlantic division title
Sorry but in tribute to David Letterman.. Its a top 10.
1.Continuity - We have our 8 man rotation back for a second straight year sans Salmons. Same guys doing the same things. In JS place we have an upgrade in Lou Williams who seamlessly fits into the JS role.
2. A Plan - Ujuri has taken a kind of European club approach to building the team. We have a "big club" and now with Bruno + Bebe we have developmental players that when they're ready can crack the big club and we have 3 more first rounders in the next two years to keep the development club stocked. Long term vision with long term success.
3.Cap Space. Serious Cap Space for 2015-16 that adds yet more "right now" talent to the big club.
4.Possible Apperance in the ECF. Pending the FA season and how things fall out (Bosh out of Miami + Carmello either in NY or in LA) giving us a dark horse chance to get to the ECF.
5.Third year for both Ross and JV. We are going to see what they have or if we have to look around. I am betting JV is linear improvement while Ross will blow our minds. The kid since high school takes time to adjust to his new level and when he does its a beautiful thing.
6.DD's next level of improvement. He is working on his ball handling skills. The guy just works like a trojan all day long. So see a 2nd all star vote.
7.Kyle making all his detractors eat dirt or some other organic brown substance. He is coming in healthy and in shape. Its not a one year mirage. He too will get an all star nod.
8.The Brazilians. Unknown quantities hold the most promise.
9.The promise of an actual up tempo game plan on offense. Got a shot blocker and maybe that gets us those easy transition buckets with DD and TR running the floor.
10.Not that we will see them but WE THE NORTH will be on US network television This helps us in our strategic pursuit of a serious difference maker with all that cap money in 2015.
Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jul 7th, 2014 at 10:43 AM.
1) Demar continuing his progression; expecting quarters and even games of total domination while bringing a balanced attack
2) JV coming into his own; consistent looks on offense, a force on defense but mostly imposing his personality as a competitor onto the team
3) Burgeoning brotherhood of Bruno and Bebe; glimpses of athleticism and stories of potential from team practices
4) Lowry's response to the $$$; he wants to win and be a leader, he will peak as a player next year just hope he stays healthy
5) Big games; Holding our own vs the elite teams of the league, huge games vs conference rivals in March & April. Maybe a Xmas day appearance on ABC?
1) Tankers shut the hell up.
2) See above
3) See above
4) See above
5) See above
1.) Lowry starting a season the way he ended last season!
2.) Valanciunas - season 3, "the reckoning"
3.) Bruno doing a full court press from 20 ft. away
4.) New jersey action
5.) 2Pat looking like the value signing of the offseason
The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)