Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Things That Excite You Going Into the 2014/2015 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Demar's new ball handling skills
    2. Jonas' dreamshake post skills
    3. Lowry's 1st all-star appearance
    4. Bruno showing his skillset potential
    5. Second consecutive Atlantic division title

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      1. Bandwagoners jumping on
      2. Bandwagoners jumping off
      3. Fire Casey protests
      4. Casey defenders screams
      5. Demar trade proposals after every loss
      5.a Lowry overpaid chants
      This is a topic for what excites you about the '14-'15 season, not what will happen during the first 3 months of our season :P

Comment

Sorry but in tribute to David Letterman.. Its a top 10.

1.Continuity - We have our 8 man rotation back for a second straight year sans Salmons. Same guys doing the same things. In JS place we have an upgrade in Lou Williams who seamlessly fits into the JS role.
        2. A Plan - Ujuri has taken a kind of European club approach to building the team. We have a "big club" and now with Bruno + Bebe we have developmental players that when they're ready can crack the big club and we have 3 more first rounders in the next two years to keep the development club stocked. Long term vision with long term success.
        3.Cap Space. Serious Cap Space for 2015-16 that adds yet more "right now" talent to the big club.
        4.Possible Apperance in the ECF. Pending the FA season and how things fall out (Bosh out of Miami + Carmello either in NY or in LA) giving us a dark horse chance to get to the ECF.
        5.Third year for both Ross and JV. We are going to see what they have or if we have to look around. I am betting JV is linear improvement while Ross will blow our minds. The kid since high school takes time to adjust to his new level and when he does its a beautiful thing.

6.DD's next level of improvement. He is working on his ball handling skills. The guy just works like a trojan all day long. So see a 2nd all star vote.
        7.Kyle making all his detractors eat dirt or some other organic brown substance. He is coming in healthy and in shape. Its not a one year mirage. He too will get an all star nod.
        8.The Brazilians. Unknown quantities hold the most promise.
        9.The promise of an actual up tempo game plan on offense. Got a shot blocker and maybe that gets us those easy transition buckets with DD and TR running the floor.
        10.Not that we will see them but WE THE NORTH will be on US network television This helps us in our strategic pursuit of a serious difference maker with all that cap money in 2015.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jul 7, 2014, 11:43 AM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Sorry but in tribute to David Letterman.. Its a top 10.

1.Continuity - We have our 8 man rotation back for a second straight year sans Salmons. Same guys doing the same things. In JS place we have an upgrade in Lou Williams who seamlessly fits into the JS role.
          2. A Plan - Ujuri has taken a kind of European club approach to building the team. We have a "big club" and now with Bruno + Bebe we have developmental players that when they're ready can crack the big club and we have 3 more first rounders in the next two years to keep the development club stocked. Long term vision with long term success.
          3.Cap Space. Serious Cap Space for 2015-16 that adds yet more "right now" talent to the big club.
          4.Possible Apperance in the ECF. Pending the FA season and how things fall out (Bosh out of Miami + Carmello either in NY or in LA) giving us a dark horse chance to get to the ECF.
          5.Third year for both Ross and JV. We are going to see what they have or if we have to look around. I am betting JV is linear improvement while Ross will blow our minds. The kid since high school takes time to adjust to his new level and when he does its a beautiful thing.

6.DD's next level of improvement. He is working on his ball handling skills. The guy just works like a trojan all day long. So see a 2nd all star vote.
          7.Kyle making all his detractors eat dirt or some other organic brown substance. He is coming in healthy and in shape. Its not a one year mirage. He too will get an all star nod.
          8.The Brazilians. Unknown quantities hold the most promise.
          9.The promise of an actual up tempo game plan on offense. Got a shot blocker and maybe that gets us those easy transition buckets with DD and TR running the floor.
          10.Not that we will see them but WE THE NORTH will be on US network television This helps us in our strategic pursuit of a serious difference maker with all that cap money in 2015.
          Nice post! I hope you're right about Ross. If him and JV are able to improve and handle more usage on offence, and the team has the ball moving around the floor the Raps should be a very tough team to play against next season. Let's hope they approach it like the Spurs!

Comment

1) Demar continuing his progression; expecting quarters and even games of total domination while bringing a balanced attack
            2) JV coming into his own; consistent looks on offense, a force on defense but mostly imposing his personality as a competitor onto the team
            3) Burgeoning brotherhood of Bruno and Bebe; glimpses of athleticism and stories of potential from team practices
            4) Lowry's response to the $$$; he wants to win and be a leader, he will peak as a player next year just hope he stays healthy
            5) Big games; Holding our own vs the elite teams of the league, huge games vs conference rivals in March & April. Maybe a Xmas day appearance on ABC?

Comment

1) Tankers shut the hell up.
              2) See above
              3) See above
              4) See above
              5) See above

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                1. Dylan
                2. Dylan
                3. Dylan
                4. Dylan
                5. DYLAN
                This made me laugh out loud. Well done.
                There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

1.) Lowry starting a season the way he ended last season!
                  2.) Valanciunas - season 3, "the reckoning"
                  3.) Bruno doing a full court press from 20 ft. away
                  4.) New jersey action
                  5.) 2Pat looking like the value signing of the offseason
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

JV pulling off dream shakes

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      that's next year bud
                      He probably meant the throwback purple ones
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                        JV pulling off dream shakes
                        hmmmmmm.......I'd settle for him not losing the ball at this stage

Comment

I'm gonna go with:

1. JV's third season. I'm expecting some really good things this year. Has to show much improvement this season to keep up with the hype.

2. Terrence Ross. Also expecting big things in his third season. Should be acclimated to the NBA game by this season, need to see the consistency.

3. Continuity with chemistry from last season. No reason why they should not become better, especially with a second season together.

4. Dwane Casey's coaching. He's got to get better in late game situations, I believe he will with the continuity of the roster. Should have more confidence.

5. Who is going to emerge? We Need a third gun to go along with Lowry and DeRo, I'm hoping somebody really stands out. Preferably it's JV or Ross...

***6. Bruno Caboclo. I really don't have too much expectations going into his first season. I doubt he gets much time, but if he can perform the way the scouting staff thinks he can, he may just be the piece we are looking for... But I don't think he will show what he truly is until year 3.

Comment

I am so freaking excited to watch JV this year. If he begins to 'get it,' this team will blow away currently perceived expectations.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

1) the improvements
                              2) bruno
                              3) playoffs
                              4) brooklyn sucking
                              5) knicks sucking
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Bruno, only excites me if he goes to Europe and plays Basketball for at least one year and learns the game based on TR principles, just like JV did.

Comment

Working...
                                X