Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pele wrote: View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/6...umors-nba-2014

I don't suppose the Pacers would straight up trade for Amir. However, is there anything the Raps could put together to make it a go.....and would it be worth trying?

Nope

Comment

I don't hate Hibbert, I think he can plausibly rebuild his game to be an effective veteran and use his impressive size better.

But I have no interest in trading for him, even if you could get him for expirings. The current core + Hibbert does not equal a championship, and we'd ruin our ability to take on another big contract at a position of actual need (SF, maybe PF) in the next couple years. Right now he's an upgrade on Jonas. There's a possibility that Jonas will never be as good as Hibbert was at his prime. But it seems reasonable that within two years, following current trajectories, JV will be the better player.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        If your looking for "the biggest guy in the league" id rather take my chances with sim bhuller

Would probably do everything hibbett does but on a fraction of the price. Hibbert is better but i woould rather sim
        Please tell me this is a joke.

Comment

I agree with everyone who says that the Raptors would have no need for him, especially if you have to give up a couple assets to do it. Too much money and too long of a term to spend on a guy who is redundant with a young key piece that should be getting the bulk of the centre minutes for the next few seasons.

But some team will do well to buy low on him. He's still an elite rim protector and defender by a lot of metrics, and that was even with his numbers being dragged down by his mental tailspin to end the year. He's proving to be a bit high maintenance but he's not a bad guy in the least. His next team may have to spend some time building his confidence back up but he'll be a good player for some team that is the right fit, especially if they get him on the cheap.
          Last edited by Fully; Mon Jul 7, 2014, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
            Please tell me this is a joke.
            Its not...i would bleed my eyes out if the raptors get him. Absolutly no need for him unless we are getting rid of jonas which doesnt make much sense.

I would geneuinly rather not ever get hibbert even if we give up hayes and fields. Hes too much money for too little production
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Its not...i would bleed my eyes out if the raptors get him. Absolutly no need for him unless we are getting rid of jonas which doesnt make much sense.
              So you would rather the Raptors not take a kid who went undrafted and didn't receive a single invite to Summer League because you're worried that it might cause a logjam at Centre and stunt JV's growth?

Comment

I would geneuinly rather not ever get hibbert even if we give up hayes and fields. Hes too much money for too little production
                I'm in agreement that the Raptors should have little interest whatsoever in Hibbert. But saying that you'd prefer Bhullar over Hibbert in any context (outside of a pie eating contest) is crazy. You're comparing a 2x all star to a guy who will probably never play a second in the NBA.

Comment

No thanks. He's pretty much a very very very rich man's Aaron Grey with Andrea Bargnani's rebounding skills.

Comment

Cant believe this thread went that far.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      So you would rather the Raptors not take a kid who went undrafted and didn't receive a single invite to Summer League because you're worried that it might cause a logjam at Centre and stunt JV's growth?
                      Not questioning the merits of Bhullar vs. Hibbert. But just for the record, Bhullar is on the Kings' summer-league team (Ranadive sentimental choice, most likely).

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post

I was talking about hibbert. I would love to take a chance on sim
                        Fully wrote: View Post
                        I'm in agreement that the Raptors should have little interest whatsoever in Hibbert. But saying that you'd prefer Bhullar over Hibbert in any context (outside of a pie eating contest) is crazy. You're comparing a 2x all star to a guy who will probably never play a second in the NBA.
                        I prefer sim over hibbert on this raptors team any day
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Hibberts salary is the issue.

as for his performance.... he can play, and when he' son, he is a big deal. You have to ask WHY did he collapse..... seems that whole squad imploded, and completely. I dont know what happened there, but I can assume it wasn't pretty, and that Hibbert was part of it. Throw salary out and I would assume, that a new, healthy environment with solid leadership and PEER influence would help a guy turn it back around.

So hibbert isn't at all a problem on the Raptors..... his salary is.

Comment

Working...
                          X