Hibbert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Everyone wanted JV to be like hibbert, and all of sudden when the ENTIRE pacers team run into a wall for a month or so, people are acting like they've always hated the guy.
    Everyone wants JV to be like Duncan. Hibberts 7'3" tall.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      Everyone wanted JV to be like hibbert, and all of sudden when the ENTIRE pacers team run into a wall for a month or so, people are acting like they've always hated the guy.
      A month? What? Hibbert's entire game and psyche completely fell apart over the course of more than half the season.
      In January he shot 42% with 6.9 rebounds per game.
      February 46% and 7.1.
      March 42% and 4.2.
      April 24% and 3.2.
      Then in the playoffs he shot 45% with 5.5 rebounds per game.

He makes over $30 million the next two years. And we have a young, talented centre who needs all the reps he can get. Unless we're moving JV for the likes of Kevin Love, and getting Hibbert super super cheap, it makes no sense.

Comment

Comment

Ha, I love how quickly people's opinions change, including opinions of GMs.

He's not really right for the Raptors, but someone is about to get a steal when they trade for this guy.

Comment

Lots of teams are shooting 3's,stretching the floor and avoiding midrange shots. Hibberts height can't block perimeter shots and the long rebounds favor SF. Without an offensive game Hibbert is a relic, like Hayes and Perkins.

Comment

Uh...no.

Comment

Wouldn't even trade Fields+Hayes for him. Vastly overpaid, ruins our cap space for next season, and I'd rather develop JV at the center spot.

He's never even been a good player, Jonas is ALREADY better. Hibbert has had a sub .500 TS% the last two seasons, that is freaking terrible... like Dion Waiters terrible. He has a high turnover rate for a bigman, and can't rebound for shit. Do not want.

Comment

Dion Waiters is a good NBA combo guard.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post

He's not really right for the Raptors, but someone is about to get a steal when they trade for this guy.
                    Honestly, it was more of the mental lapses this year. You don't want a leader on your team being mentally soft.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                      Honestly, it was more of the mental lapses this year. You don't want a leader on your team being mentally soft.
                      But you really don't want to go into a playoff series without a big man, and he happens to be the biggest man in the league.

Professional ball isn't that different from the playground, the team with the biggest guy usually wins.

Comment

I agree, everyone was praising Hibbert not so long ago and I doubt his play dropped off because he just started to suck all of a sudden. There were obviously some other issues going on which affected his performance in the latter half of last season.

Comment

But you really don't want to go into a playoff series without a big man, and he happens to be the biggest man in the league.

Professional ball isn't that different from the playground, the team with the biggest guy usually wins.
                          If your looking for "the biggest guy in the league" id rather take my chances with sim bhuller

Would probably do everything hibbett does but on a fraction of the price. Hibbert is better but i woould rather sim

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            If your looking for "the biggest guy in the league" id rather take my chances with sim bhuller

Would probably do everything hibbett does but on a fraction of the price. Hibbert is better but i woould rather sim

I actually agree with that haha, especially after watching Hibbert in the post season. He literally could not find ways to get involved in the game, and he was almost invisible in the Atlanta series because the Hawks play a perimeter-oriented game.

Its good to have a big guy on the roster, and I think that Bebe will effectively grow into that role. If we need a big mass such as Aaron Gray or Roy Hibbert on the floor, then I would look for a cheaper option, such as Bhullar.
                            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

Sim Bhullar's peak will be if they ever make a My Giant 2.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                I agree, everyone was praising Hibbert not so long ago and I doubt his play dropped off because he just started to suck all of a sudden. There were obviously some other issues going on which affected his performance in the latter half of last season.
                                Yep, he's obviously still an asset. Some of the ideas in this thread (like getting him for expirings) would be nobrainers. But of course they just won't trade him for those deals. And it wouldn't make sense for the Raptors to pay All Star price for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X