Andray Blatche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Blatche avg in this year's playoffs: 14.2 mins, 5 rebounds and 6 points per game.

I think he should be payed as such, which is not much.
    6pts & 5 rbs in 14mins in the playoffs with guys like Dwill, Joe Johnson, Pierce & Garnett around you is really not bad...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Why are people talking about Blatche being more mature in BKL? He wasn't more mature, he was just given less of a leash. From what I've read, BKL mainly doesn't want to re-sign him because he is still immature and they don't want to deal with his inconsistent game and personality. If he was still immature on a team with several vets/all-stars to keep him in check, I'm not at all optimistic about him growing more in Toronto with a younger team.
      Where did you read this?

Comment

Mostly indirectly suggested. Obviously nobody went out and straight up said "Andray's a bonehead and we don't want him back"

There hasn't been a lot of buzz about Blatche since free agency started at midnight on Tuesday. He averaged 11.2 points and 5.3 rebounds per game last season and could help a team that needs depth on the inside. Grantland's Zach Lowe recently reported, though, that the Nets essentially suspended him in December "out of concerns over his conditioning and preparedness." It's not great timing for that revelation.
        http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...andray-blatche

Following up on that suspension...

December was a log time ago, and Kidd, as you may have heard, is no longer the head coach.

But Blatche fit well on last year’s Nets team, so one would think this decision is more about Blatche the person than it is about his on-court performance.
        http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...e-next-season/

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
          6pts & 5 rbs in 14mins in the playoffs with guys like Dwill, Joe Johnson, Pierce & Garnett around you is really not bad...
          I don't like your VC avatar.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Why are people talking about Blatche being more mature in BKL? He wasn't more mature, he was just given less of a leash. From what I've read, BKL mainly doesn't want to re-sign him because he is still immature and they don't want to deal with his inconsistent game and personality. If he was still immature on a team with several vets/all-stars to keep him in check, I'm not at all optimistic about him growing more in Toronto with a younger team.
            even if he does come with baggage he was an important piece off the bench to a playoff team averaging 11.2 points and 5.3 rebounds in 22.2mins per game last season. If we can get a talent like that to play behind JV on a team friendly contract then why not...its worth the risk.

Comment

Also like this excerpt

Overall, Blatche was great for the Nets in his two seasons; however, you never knew which side of him would show up each night. Some games Blatche could not miss and other games he was a flat-out liability. While it was very entertaining to watch his ball-fakes and spin-moves, the Nets would be wise to thank Blatche for his services and part ways with him this summer.
              http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/0...blatche-leave/

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                even if he does come with baggage he was an important piece off the bench to a playoff team averaging 11.2 points and 5.3 rebounds in 22.2mins per game last season. If we can get a talent like that to play behind JV on a team friendly contract then why not...its worth the risk.
                It's really not. We don't need the offensive production he'd give that much. And we don't need any risk of his childish, self-centred attitude affecting chemistry both on the court and in the locker room.

We need a defensive-oriented player behind JV far more than we need anything Blatche does. I've already said I'd rather pursue Okafor (they could end up costing the same), and if we can't get someone like that, I'd rather throw Nogueira out there and see if he can earn 10-15 minutes a night, and if not, use a platoon of Hayes, Amir and Hansbrough.

Comment

Any thoughts on Metta World Peace as that meaty SF we could be looking for ?

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                    Any thoughts on Metta World Peace as that meaty SF we could be looking for ?
                    Dude is done physically I think. Unless he finds the fountain of youth, think he's basically retired.

Now that's a good name to contrast to Blatche though. Artest plays with the edge you want. He's willing to do whatever it takes for his team to win. Blatche doesn't play with that kind of edge at all. He plays with ego. He's willing to do whatever he wants whether his team wins or not.

Comment

Well I rather have Andre Blatche than anyone one on the summer league squad,excluding Bruno. Bruno is gonna be dynamite

P.S

Off topic,is everyone sick of Lebron,just F sign already..dragging on,for ever.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

all fair points....like I said Im not against signing him like some here are because I do think he adds value in an area of need and that his off court/locker room issues are probably blown out of proportion but I don't think he's a vital, must-have addition either...if we don't sign him we can adjust as well. lets see how this plays out...In Masai we Trust.

Comment

at what point in the conversation with his scouting and front office personnel did someone pipe up and say..."well we got 3pt shooting...we got defense, Lowry is back, couple of projects to develop...everything is looking good..."

Masai: "hold the phone...I need to have the tallest available idiot in the league...just for my own amusement...trading for Javale is out...so lets give Blatche a call"
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I want to start a petition to not get this guy
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Yeah...of all the possible players we could get...him I don't want.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

*AHEM*….. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *Weez* *Breath* BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X