Andray Blatche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully wrote: View Post
    Because he's really talented, you get him for a fraction of what his production says he should cost and he fills one of the only holes remaining on the roster?
    A hole?

AJ (glue guy, 2 way player) - 2Pat (stretch 4, 2 way player) - TH (Physicality)
    JV (2 way player) - Nogueira (lanky shotblocker) - Hayes (defensive tank)
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
      A hole?

AJ (glue guy, 2 way player) - 2Pat (stretch 4, 2 way player) - TH (Physicality)
      JV (2 way player) - Nogueira (lanky shotblocker) - Hayes (defensive tank)
      You still have a hole at backup C behind Val. Unless ofcourse you think Hayes and the Prospect are sufficient at that position.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Has no one cared to look at Blatches boxscore? The dude had 19 PER for 2 seasons. 47-50% FG. High rates of steals and rebounds. It's not like he is some end of the bench, useless, locker room cancer. He can actually play... and he is only 27.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          You still have a hole at backup C behind Val. Unless ofcourse you think Hayes and the Prospect are sufficient at that position.
          They are. At which times last year were we totally dominated by a center?
          Myself (March 2014):
          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

They are. At which times last year were we totally dominated by a center?
            I found we had so little production (offensively) from the center position, that we had to rely TOO much on guard scoring. I think scoring at the Center position is something we lacked DEARLY last season.

Comment

Why do we need to take a risk for a end of the bench guy?
              I don't think it's really that much of a risk. He can be had for cheap, and if he becomes a distraction, you can tell him to f#$k off. Seriously, if MU is willing to sign the guy than I think some of us may be overstating the potential risk. If he doesn't sign him, then maybe those posters saying absolutely not are correct in their assessments. It's difficult to judge as fans, but I expect MU would better be able to judge the situation than us.

Comment

Why do we need to take a risk for a end of the bench guy?
                End of bench and risk cancel themselves out. Risks only matter when its a core player or steady rotation guy. MU would be taking a very low risk signing Blatche.

Comment

• Blatche would automatically become our best offensive big. I wouldn't say his a C. I feel he can play both positions. All this really makes me think that Masai doesn't have much faith in AJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I found we had so little production (offensively) from the center position, that we had to rely TOO much on guard scoring. I think scoring at the Center position is something we lacked DEARLY last season.
                    Well our guards are our better players, it's kind of normal we rely on them to score.

Also do not discount JV summer training. He already has some post moves, if he can add some finesse in and there (while working with Hakeem) and be the recipient of more pass out of the PnR (DD being too hesitant, Ross getting more reps at the PnR). If we get a good 16 points out off JV next year, we are rolling.

EDIT : I don't like taking risk on player with mental issues to provide some bench scoring.
                    Myself (March 2014):

Comment

Well our guards are our better players, it's kind of normal we rely on them to score.

Also do not discount JV summer training. He already has some post moves, if he can add some finesse in and there (while working with Hakeem) and be the recipient of more pass out of the PnR (DD being too hesitant, Ross getting more reps at the PnR). If we get a good 16 points out off JV next year, we are rolling.
                      Right, JVs development is super important. But think of the bench unit! Vasquez and Williams would be the main firepower off the bench. Add a Blatche skill set, and our bench lineup will dominate most reserve lineup! It gives us a much better balance for where our offense comes from, and allows us to stop relying on a Greasy-Big-Balled-3-Pointer, to maintain a lead with our bench.

Comment

Right, JVs development is super important. But think of the bench unit! Vasquez and Williams would be the main firepower off the bench. Add a Blatche skill set, and our bench lineup will dominate most reserve lineup! It gives us a much better balance for where our offense comes from, and allows us to stop relying on a Greasy-Big-Balled-3-Pointer, to maintain a lead with our bench.
                        Don't forget 2Pat.

As of right now (assuming GV is just hesitating between shorter term more money and longer term less money)

GV - PnR ball handler, can facilitate and score
                        Lou Will - Efficient iso player and shot maker
                        Fields - Cant shoot for shit, but smart cutter and crashes the o-board
                        2Pat - Pick and Pop, Pick and roll, Smart player who can hit the 3's and always plays within control. Sort of negates the shooting of Fields.
                        TH - Physical, draws fouls, crash the boards/Hayes - Low post defender, running jumpshots master

We already have 3 guys more than capable on the offensive end on our 2nd unit and it's likely that Lowry/DD will play with these guys as well.
                        Last edited by OptimalOptimist; Wed Jul 9, 2014, 11:02 AM.
                        Myself (March 2014):

Comment

• Sign me up on team #NoBlatche after Boston Cleveland Brooklyn trade

Comment

• I don't care if his PER is 100...the man is a shit head
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Blatche would automatically become our best offensive big. I wouldn't say his a C. I feel he can play both positions. All this really makes me think that Masai doesn't have much faith in AJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Ya, I'm starting to think something might be up with Amir's ankles.....although I heard no surgery this summer.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                I don't care if his PER is 100...the man is a shit head
                                Whats your goal then? Win championships and games, or have nice guys on your team?

Comment

Working...
                                X