Andray Blatche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    If a player had a 100 PER who cares about chemistry. Nobody else would or even should get the ball except him or her.
    Saying the player can't be a girl is as stupid as imagining someone with a 100 PER.
    Exactly! yet thead tried to make a point by saying he doesn't care if a knucklehead has 100 PER, because he is a knucklehead.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• For all we know, this "meeting" between Masai and Blatche could've been to discuss the Brazil debacle.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        thead always pays his debts.
        unless you are my student loan...and then I don't pay you
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
          Chuck Hayes isn't there to score...

Look at that box score and Alridge poor shooting in the 3rd and 4th

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...402010POR.html

He is there to provide one thing : post defense. He happens to do that very well.
          Listen, I like Chuck Hayes but he's not an adequate backup centre anymore. He played 13 minutes in the game you mentioned and then was completely buried from the rotation again like a week later. He needs to be upgraded.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
            Listen, I like Chuck Hayes but he's not an adequate backup centre anymore. He played 13 minutes in the game you mentioned and then was completely buried from the rotation again like a week later. He needs to be upgraded.
            Amir, JV and PP can eat up every minute of the 96 in the front court. Every one. With ease. Specific matchups will call for Hayes to get minutes, and in blowouts you'll see BeBe and TH subbed in. But for everyday situations? 3 man big rotation. I barely see enough minutes for all three, really. You just know PP is itching for a bigger role with more minutes - he'll want 30+. JV should be up well above 30 this coming year, say 34 or 36. And Amir has always been most effective as a 30 MPG guy. That leaves spot minutes for someone. I think that someone can be Hayes or TH or BeBe.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I disagree. Every player can't play every game. Good teams need guys who are willing to ride the bench and then perform their roles well when called upon. Whether that's every game or every 2 weeks. Chuck does his thing, then he'll sit for weeks - doesn't complain - and then, does his thing. His play is fine (minus the lack of a consistent layup). It's the lack of height for a defensive big that is the problem.

Not that this thread is about Chuck anyways.

Comment

• hi there. Filipino raptor fan here.yes blatche is a naturalized citizen here. but still have to fight for a spot in fiba world cup. We qualify for the world cup because we have defeated powerhouse of asia. Our naturalized back then was marcus douthit. He's still with gilas and will play for fiba asia cup.

Comment

Amir, JV and PP can eat up every minute of the 96 in the front court. Every one. With ease. Specific matchups will call for Hayes to get minutes, and in blowouts you'll see BeBe and TH subbed in. But for everyday situations? 3 man big rotation. I barely see enough minutes for all three, really. You just know PP is itching for a bigger role with more minutes - he'll want 30+. JV should be up well above 30 this coming year, say 34 or 36. And Amir has always been most effective as a 30 MPG guy. That leaves spot minutes for someone. I think that someone can be Hayes or TH or BeBe.
                  I feel confident those spot minutes will not go to BeBe based on Casey's previous allocation to younger players.

He might get spot minutes in April 2016.

Comment

This is why we have Bebe, he is a more mobile defender and his lenght/wingspan could prove more useful on team defense as oppose to Chuck who excels at 1 on 1 but is below average at everything else.

Blatche is stuck between the 2, he ain't as strong as Chuck and isn't the shot blocker Nogueira.

He is more offensively skilled, but our 2nd unit already has 3 above average subs who will likely play with one of Ross and Demar, making line ups of GV - Lou Will - Ross/DeMarr - 2 Pat - Hayes/Bebe. Blatche would likely be #9 on the offensive depth chart and is less of a defensive presence than every single bigs on our roster.

Also, in the playoffs its basically a 8 men rotation and it leaves no place on the court for Blatche. I do not want a headcase sulking because of the absence of playing time.
                    Last edited by OptimalOptimist; Wed Jul 9, 2014, 03:22 PM.
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      I feel confident those spot minutes will not go to BeBe based on Casey's previous allocation to younger players.

He might get spot minutes in April 2016.
                      Here's the thing. If we bring in a vet backup C this statement is undeniably the case.

If all he has is Hayes, maybe there's a shot...
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Here's the thing. If we bring in a vet backup C this statement is undeniably the case.

If all he has is Hayes, maybe there's a shot...
                        Hayes will be begging for a sub and Casey will turn around playing the "I didn't see that" GAME.

Comment

This is why we have Bebe, he is a more mobile defender and his lenght/wingspan could prove more useful on team defense as oppose to Chuck who excels at 1 on 1 but is below average at everything else.

Blatche is stuck between the 2, he ain't as strong as Chuck and isn't the shot blocker Nogueira.

He is more offensively skilled, but our 2nd unit already has 3 above average subs who will likely play with one of Ross and Demar, making line ups of GV - Lou Will - Ross/DeMarr - 2 Pat - Hayes/Bebe. Blatche would likely be #9 on the offensive depth chart and is less of a defensive presence than every single bigs on our roster.

Also, in the playoffs its basically a 8 men rotation and it leaves no place on the court for Blatche. I do not want a headcase sulking because of the absence of playing time.
                          Bebe is not likely to get minutes this year.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Bebe is not likely to get minutes this year.
                            Why not?
                            Myself (March 2014):
                            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Why not?
                              coz our coach is Casey.

Comment

• I cannot stand that "because Casey" argument. He played Ross through his struggles in the playoffs and both sophomore's minutes remained consistent (after gay trade) throughout the season.

He benched JV when he was absolutely gassed in the series or when he mas making stupid mistakes, not for the pleasure of it.
                                Myself (March 2014):

Comment

Working...
                                X