Andray Blatche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stretch wrote: View Post
    Andray hadn't ever visited the Philippines when the legislature granted him citizenship recently.

I wonder how the Philippines was able to qualify for the FIBA World Cup? As a Canuck, I am a little jealous.
    Apparently they cheat and cant be bothered to hide it.

Comment

Andray "I guarantee we'll win" Blatche? no thanks. Dude's a clown. No one can deny that he's very talented. But he's a problem child. He's got a lot off court issues.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Masai wants his 2nd shot at the JeVale McGee experiment.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          But TS% and eFG% better reflect the quality of offensive decision-making and efficiency. Andray is terrible there. And always has been. Despite a much worse baseline FG% most years, Andrea's TS% and eFG% are comparable or higher most years because he actually takes fewer bad shots, but takes more 3s which skews his FG% down but improves the other numbers.

You accuse me of unfairly judging him by his whole career. Well I'm taking as big a sample size as I can. And his past 2 seasons are not a good measuring stick of what he has always done. In fact, if his first season with BKL was worse, like the same as this past one, his past 2 seasons would look much like all his other years. So basically, a single season is strongly skewing your judgment of his game and what he would contribute.

Just make sure he doesn't take 3 pts? Why is he ever in the first place? Why is he taking any terrible shot from deep 2 or 3pt range? If he's been doing such dumb shit forever, why would he change now?

I add some fan perspective from Nets fans

from, and posted eariler in this thread as well: http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/7/8/58...ba-free-agency

I finally add, every time I watch us play the Nets, or the Wiz, I'm happy every time Blatche is on the court. Why? Even if he kills us with 20 pts, he will give that up every time with his lack of effort on the other end and tendency to make dumb plays on both ends.
          I don't disagree with anything that you are saying here. However, I think it's still viable to have him in limited roles.

I just have 2 things to add:

1. He has shown that he doesn't need to step back for a 3. The 3 seasons before this one (where he did shoot a lot of 3s for some reason) he only shot 1 3pter every 3rd game. Amir attempted 0.9 3's a game this past season which is 3 times the amount Andray shot for 3 straight years leading to last year. Even last year, Andray attempted 0.7 3pt/game, less than Amir's attempts. Conclusion: It should not be hard to get him to stop shooting 3s.

2. As per what measuring stick to use; he was clearly a nutcase in Washington, if anything the past 2 seasons (of which he played 79 and 81 games in) shows that Blatche matured quite a bit in Brooklyn. I think we need to focus on Brooklyn Blatche, as opposed to Washington Blatche, because I think they represent two truly different people. And who knows, maybe Raptors Blatche, with the superior team chemistry + support staff, ends up eclipsing Brooklyn Blatche?

To sum up: Yes, he has plenty of faults. So play him in a limited role, on a 2 year deal. The worst possible thing that could happen is he turns out to be shitty, and he departs after 2 years, but thats minimal risk compared to the best possible outcome that might want us to resign him after 2 years. Being only 27, and showing such changes the past 2 years, should earn Blatche the right to gamble on.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
            How is signing Blatche even remotely comparable to the McGee signing? The only similarity is that they are both Bigs.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

We have too many bigs.
              Amir, Jonas, 2Pat, Hansbrough, Bebe, Hayes covering 2 positions.
              If we sign Blatche, and Bebe gets sent to Europe, thats still half of our lineup being bigs at PF & C.

Instead, we need a meaty SF who can shoot 3s.
              Nobody on our roster that can shoot can guard Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Carmelo, Jabari Parker, LBJ, Kawhi, Deng, etc.
              The big 3s of the league are killing us, and thats what got us done in the playoffs.

Bigs we have in plenty. We can sign Cole Aldrich on the cheap if needbe.
              Unless Landry gains back his shot, the glaring weakness in our roster will come back to haunt us.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                Hahahahhha, That was a good one ... This A.B. is apparently soft on defence like the last A.B.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                  We have too many bigs.
                  If we sign Blatche, and Bebe gets sent to Europe, thats still half of our lineup being bigs at PF & C.

Nobody on our roster that can shoot can guard Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Carmelo, Jabari Parker, LBJ, Kawhi, Deng, etc.
                  The big 3s of the league are killing us, and thats what got us done in the playoffs.

Unless Landry gains back his shot, the glaring weakness in our roster will come back to haunt us.
                  While I agree that we need a wing, and preferably one of the 3 and D variety, the issue with big 3s is overstated. It was only really ever a problem in the playoffs, and I think that was more due to Ross playing terribly than some inability to guard big wings.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2014/...vel-exception/
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                    We have too many bigs.

Amir/Patterson/Tyler are a good, deep PF rotation but JV/Hayes/Bebe is weak in the middle...we have noone behind JV..thats not even a debate...Bebe could use another year in Europe to develop and gain 20-30lbs and Hayes is nothing more than an extremely undersized expiring contract. Blatche fills a definite void as back-up Centre behind JV. He is extremely talented and showed great leaps in maturity in Brooklyn last couple years as opposed to his days in Was...he's directly attributed that to playing with KG and learning from him what it takes to be a professional...thats a good mentor to have.

Also we have a lockdown defender named Landry Fields...Casey just never used him well on Joe Johnson in the playoffs instead relying on John Salmons....he may not have much offence but if he does his job locking down his man we have 4 other guy that can put it in the bucket and Fields is a very good passer...i'd say a "point forward".

If we don't sign Blatche, then I'm still happy with our roster but signing Blatche on a fair contract is nothing but a risk free upgrade in an area of need (backup C).

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      While I agree that we need a wing, and preferably one of the 3 and D variety, the issue with big 3s is overstated. It was only really ever a problem in the playoffs, and I think that was more due to Ross playing terribly than some inability to guard big wings.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2014/...vel-exception/
                      Or in another perspective, it is his inability to guard big 3s lead him to struggle on the other side of the court.

Comment

Just throwing this out there, but what if all Masai is trying to do is up Blatche's price so that the Nets either overpay him or lose him to someone else?

Comment

Blatche avg in this year's playoffs: 14.2 mins, 5 rebounds and 6 points per game.

I think he should be payed as such, which is not much.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                            Or in another perspective, it is his inability to guard big 3s lead him to struggle on the other side of the court.
                            yeah, but the point is he guarded big 3s successfully the rest of the year, there are some stats in that article to back it up
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Not sure about this, honestly hate his guts...but the a@@hole can ball that's for sure, maybe that's what raps need,they are 2 nice of a team,they need some edginess,that's why they brought in Louie Williams. Also, Musai might have something in the works for some of the bigs they have..ie..Hansbrough or Hayes,it does improve their bench. I'm not sure. What they really need is big defensive wing man..ie Pj Tucker.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Why are people talking about Blatche being more mature in BKL? He wasn't more mature, he was just given less of a leash. From what I've read, BKL mainly doesn't want to re-sign him because he is still immature and they don't want to deal with his inconsistent game and personality. If he was still immature on a team with several vets/all-stars to keep him in check, I'm not at all optimistic about him growing more in Toronto with a younger team.

Comment

Working...
                                X