No announcement yet.

Andray Blatche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any set of stats that ranks 1. Blatche 2. Hands and 3. Amir is flawed.

Comment

• I'm just trying to bring some objectivity to the discussion. Every player has strengths and weaknesses that have to be factored in to balance the team.

Johnson and Hansbrough have significantly better TR% than Blatche, as does Valanciunas at .579. Per 36 minutes, Valanciunas (11.26) and Hansbrough (10.56) are far better rebounders than Blatche (8.86) or Johnson (8.21). Hayes is in the middle at 10.04.

Some criticize the per 36 numbers as being biased toward backup players, so I used the advanced stats. I am not a big fan of PER myself.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Any set of stats that ranks 1. Blatche 2. Hands and 3. Amir is flawed.
        Yeah, because dismissing ALL of advanced stats is that easy. Hands is loved by advanced stats because he scores points when the clock isnt ticking (FTs). Blatche is loved by advanced stats because... wait, he might actually be pretty good?
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Yeah, because dismissing ALL of advanced stats is that easy. Hands is loved by advanced stats because he scores points when the clock isnt ticking (FTs). Blatche is loved by advanced stats because... wait, he might actually be pretty good?
          Or that he was in a contract year playing with a very veteran team on an extremely short leash. Give him money,a couple of years on a young team and bad things can happen.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Or that he was in a contract year playing with a very veteran team on an extremely short leash. Give him money,a couple of years on a young team and bad things can happen.
            He did better the year before actually. So your contract year argument doesn't hold.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              He did better the year before actually. So your contract year argument doesn't hold.
              He was a very productive player on an extremely cheap deal and there is little to no interest in him for some reason. Not dismissing just extremely wary. His benefit doesn't seem to justify the risk. Especially if its for the backup C position.

Comment

• I don't care about Blatche's stats...he is a shit head
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• If the Raptors didn't sign Patterson, taking a risk on Blatche makes sense. But end of bench with his history doesnt.

Comment

• seriously sometimes the stats don't matter if it disrupts everything else
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I'm little scared now that GVZ just signed for pretty cool coin,raps might offer Andray Blatche a MLE wouldn't b happy if that happen,it better not..he should get vet contract.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• If Blatche was still making noise in a locker room with Kevin Garnett on his ass, then I don't like what he would do here with Chuck Hayes as our only veteran

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          Seriously, sometimes the stats don't matter if he disrupts everything else.
                          I will agree with that. Blatche ranks 58th among centres in TS%, 71st in TR%, 45th in DRtg. In other words, mediocre to poor. But he ranks 12th in points per 36. He is a far better player than Hayes, but I doubt he is as good a teammate, particularly if Hayes is mentoring Valanciunas.

Comment

• Anyone know how the meeting went?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Anyone know how the meeting went?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Masai said Fuck Brooklyn and smacked him upside the head. Then proceeded to sign James Johnson

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Masai said Fuck Brooklyn and smacked him upside the head. Then proceeded to sign James Johnson
                                Props anyway...

Comment

Working...
                                X