Clear All

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Here is my best guess as to what is going on:

Brooklyn is trying to get Jarrett Jack
    Cleveland is trying to clear space for LeBron
    Raptors have a $4.6M TPE

Jack to Brooklyn
    Cap space and unguaranteed Gutierrez (waived) to Cleveland
    Blatche on one year, $4.6M deal with Memphis 2015 protected first to Toronto

I think Brooklyn can send out the sign and traded player as they are receiving a player already under contract, but I'm not sure to be honest. I'm sure DanH can clear it up.

The bold section is what I'm not sure of.
    I'm not sure I follow. Why would be Blatche be meeting with TO? You're suggesting he signs with Memphis, right? Either way, I hope you;re right, if we can get a 1st round pick out of a Blatche S&T, then that would be great.

Comment

Andray Blatche per 36 numbers, past 2 seasons:

51% FG - 68.5% FT - 9.7 reb - 2 assists - 2.8 tov - 2.0 stl - 1.3 blk - 19.5 pts (82 games played)

47.6% FG - 74.2% FT - 8.7 reb - 2.5 assists - 2.4 tov - 1.7 stl - 0.8 blk - 18.3 pts (73 games played)

Considering he is only 27, he puts up great numbers on low minutes. Throw him out there for 10-20 minutes a night, and he efficiently scores, rebounds, and even gathers steals well.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        I'm not sure I follow. Why would be Blatche be meeting with TO? You're suggesting he signs with Memphis, right? Either way, I hope you;re right, if we can get a 1st round pick out of a Blatche S&T, then that would be great.
        He said the Memphis pick is going to Toronto, not Blatche to Memphis.
        Last edited by enlightenment; Tue Jul 8, 2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Blatche averaged 51.3% FG and 47.6% FG in the last 2 seasons respectively. That doesn't scream "Andrea shot selection" to me.
          That first FG% is his career high by far. The 2nd season is much closer to his career averages and is fully mediocre for a big man with low post ability. Why? Because he thinks he should take lots of shots he shouldn't.

He also has a worse career TS% and eFG% than Andrea, despite the fact that Andrea operates overwhelmingly from the perimeter. He has a different skill set than Andrea, but he's got the same poor on-court approach. He does not regularly take good shots, or make the effort to do any of the other things his team needs him to do to win.

Comment

Andray Blatche per 36 numbers, past 2 seasons:

51% FG - 68.5% FT - 9.7 reb - 2 assists - 2.8 tov - 2.0 stl - 1.3 blk - 19.5 pts (82 games played)

47.6% FG - 74.2% FT - 8.7 reb - 2.5 assists - 2.4 tov - 1.7 stl - 0.8 blk - 18.3 pts (73 games played)

Considering he is only 27, he puts up great numbers on low minutes. Throw him out there for 10-20 minutes a night, and he efficiently scores, rebounds, and even gathers steals well.
            He's on ok rebounder, but not particularly aggressive or talented there. And the steals are from lazy D. He'd rather swipe for the ball than play position D.

Comment

Hopefully Blatche has matured since his days in Washington. Being around guys like KG and Pierce I'm hoping helped. He's a decent talent but we need more than what Blatche can offer us.. unless they are looking for even more insurance for Amir or are considering trading Tyler H.

Personally the only way I'd want him is for the bi-annual. If he doesn't want that then I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                That first FG% is his career high by far. The 2nd season is much closer to his career averages and is fully mediocre for a big man with low post ability. Why? Because he thinks he should take lots of shots he shouldn't.

He also has a worse career TS% and eFG% than Andrea, despite the fact that Andrea operates overwhelmingly from the perimeter. He has a different skill set than Andrea, but he's got the same poor on-court approach. He does not regularly take good shots, or make the effort to do any of the other things his team needs him to do to win.
                why are you judging his career? its unfairly weighted and doesn't reflect his abilities NOW. The reason its unfairly weighted is because of some horrid shooting years he has had as a rookie and in Washington.

Rookie: 38.8% FG (29 games)
                Last year with Washington: 38% FG (26 games)

Where as, the most recent 2 seasons, with 81 and 79 games played all together, he averages from 47-50% FG. That is NOT ineffecient. His TS% takes a hit because his bad 3pt and ft%, but just make sure he doesn't take 3pts and you're good on that front.

In comparison, Andrea NEVER had more than 47% FG in his entire career, and flirts with 38-44% in the past 5 seasons.

Comment

He said the Memphis pick is going to Toronto, not Blatche to Toronto.
                  Memphis pick and Blatche to Toronto.

Toronto is getting rewarded for getting Brooklyn the player they want while getting Cleveland the cap space they want.

Cleveland has 3 2015 picks (own, Miami, and Memphis with protections)

Comment

Memphis pick and Blatche to Toronto.

Toronto is getting rewarded for getting Brooklyn the player they want while getting Cleveland the cap space they want.
                    That would be highway robbery, and I would be very happy to roll the dice on 1 year with Blatche at a position of need (back up C), and get a 1st rounder on top as compensation.

Comment

That would be highway robbery, and I would be very happy to roll the dice on 1 year with Blatche at a position of need (back up C), and get a 1st rounder on top as compensation.
                      Obviously that is just me speculating and I hope DanH replies because I'm not certain it is even possible but I think it is.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        He is also Philipino for some stupid reason. First asian player on the Raptors.
                        I believe he is a naturalized citizen of the Philipines (so he could play fiba ball on their team).

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          I believe he is a naturalized citizen of the Philipines (so he could play fiba ball on their team).
                          Seems legit.

Comment

Andray hadn't ever visited the Philippines when the legislature granted him citizenship recently.

I wonder how the Philippines was able to qualify for the FIBA World Cup? As a Canuck, I am a little jealous.

Comment

why are you judging his career? its unfairly weighted and doesn't reflect his abilities NOW. The reason its unfairly weighted is because of some horrid shooting years he has had as a rookie and in Washington.

Rookie: 38.8% FG (29 games)
                              Last year with Washington: 38% FG (26 games)

Where as, the most recent 2 seasons, with 81 and 79 games played all together, he averages from 47-50% FG. That is NOT ineffecient. His TS% takes a hit because his bad 3pt and ft%, but just make sure he doesn't take 3pts and you're good on that front.

In comparison, Andrea NEVER had more than 47% FG in his entire career, and flirts with 38-44% in the past 5 seasons.
                              But TS% and eFG% better reflect the quality of offensive decision-making and efficiency. Andray is terrible there. And always has been. Despite a much worse baseline FG% most years, Andrea's TS% and eFG% are comparable or higher most years because he actually takes fewer bad shots, but takes more 3s which skews his FG% down but improves the other numbers.

You accuse me of unfairly judging him by his whole career. Well I'm taking as big a sample size as I can. And his past 2 seasons are not a good measuring stick of what he has always done. In fact, if his first season with BKL was worse, like the same as this past one, his past 2 seasons would look much like all his other years. So basically, a single season is strongly skewing your judgment of his game and what he would contribute.

Just make sure he doesn't take 3 pts? Why is he ever in the first place? Why is he taking any terrible shot from deep 2 or 3pt range? If he's been doing such dumb shit forever, why would he change now?

I add some fan perspective from Nets fans

He's a loose cannon..And very frustrating to watch. All the talent in the world and he wastes it because he wants to be a 7 foot point guard.

As far as I’m concerned, Blatche and his behind-the-back, step-back 21-footer can go to Toronto.

Good! I'll be quite content with him jacking up dumb shots when he's in the game over Pat and Chuck killin us on the boards and from 3.

Raptor fans getting ready to be tortured by Dray's behind the back moves

Nobody needs to stop him, he will stop himself

Blatche is talented, but that isnt why people dont want him here anymore.

Clearly there have been some issues between Him and Management.
                              I am pretty sure Management doesnt think he is mature enough to retain him.
                              Unfortunate but this seems to be another TWill situation. A lot of talent but just not worth keeping around because of their personalities.

I'll miss the comedy Blatche provides. With his unique skill set.

There are very good strip clubs in Toronto.
                              ->Other user's reply: That's what I've heard Blatche will certainly fit right in.
                              from, and posted eariler in this thread as well: http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/7/8/58...ba-free-agency

I finally add, every time I watch us play the Nets, or the Wiz, I'm happy every time Blatche is on the court. Why? Even if he kills us with 20 pts, he will give that up every time with his lack of effort on the other end and tendency to make dumb plays on both ends.
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jul 8, 2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Here is my best guess as to what is going on:

Brooklyn is trying to get Jarrett Jack
                                Cleveland is trying to clear space for LeBron
                                Raptors have a $4.6M TPE

Jack to Brooklyn
                                Cap space and unguaranteed Gutierrez (waived) to Cleveland
                                Blatche on one year, $4.6M deal with Memphis 2015 protected first to Toronto

I think Brooklyn can send out the sign and traded player as they are receiving a player already under contract, but I'm not sure to be honest. I'm sure DanH can clear it up.

The bold section is what I'm not sure of; underline in particular.

EDIT: See 1 above. So yes, Brooklyn could sign and trade Blatche while sending none guaranteed deal of Gutierrez to Cleveland and receive Jack.
                                See edit.

Can be done. I just had to read the fine print - lol

To qualify for a sign-and-trade, all of the following must be true:

The player must re-sign with his prior team -- a team cannot include another team's free agent in a sign-and-trade.
                                The player must finish the preceding season with that team (deals are no longer allowed that sign-and-trade players who are out of the league, such as the sign-and-trade that sent Keith Van Horn from Dallas to New Jersey as part of the Jason Kidd trade in 2008).
                                The player cannot be a restricted free agent who has signed an offer sheet with another team (see question number 44).
                                Starting in 2013-14, the team receiving the player cannot be above the "apron" ($4 million above the tax level) after the trade1, 2. A team above the apron can receive a player in a sign-and-trade if the trade reduces the team's payroll and the team finishes the trade below the apron.
                                Starting in 2013-14, the team cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade if they have used the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception (see question number 25) that season.1
                                The trade must be completed prior to the first game of the regular season (sign-and-trades are not allowed once the season begins).
                                The player cannot be signed using the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, or any exception that cannot be used to offer a three-year contract (see question number 25).

1 These teams are free to send players to other teams in sign-and-trade transactions, or to receive players in sign-and-trade transactions who weren't signed-and-traded themselves. Also, the restriction applies only to the sign-and-trade transaction itself -- teams are free to acquire players who had been signed-and-traded in earlier transactions.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q90

Comment

Working...
                                X