Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gordon Hayward get MAX Offer Sheet from Hornets ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon Hayward get MAX Offer Sheet from Hornets ...

I thought this new CBA was supposed to save the owners from themselves?! This is ludicrous!

NBA.com wrote:
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- A person close to the situation says restricted free agent Gordon Hayward has agreed to a maximum offer sheet with the Charlotte Hornets that would pay the small forward $63 million over the next four years.

The Utah Jazz would have three days to match the deal once Hayward officially signs the offer sheet.

The person commented to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Wednesday because Hayward can't officially sign the offer sheet until Thursday.

It's unclear at this point if the Jazz would match the offer or consider a sign-and-trade with Charlotte.

Hayward, who visited with the Hornets this week, averaged 16.2 points, 5.1 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game last season for Utah. Hayward has spent all four seasons in the NBA with the Jazz.
    Source

Glad demar wasnt exposed to restricted free agency. Some idiot gm would have offered him the max
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Wow, Charlotte must think this guy is going to be a star. I don't see it.

What I see is this contract looking very ugly in 2016 once they've had a full year of not seeing a return on the large investment.

Question: How does this affect the egos of Melo, Bosh, Wade and even James who are all better players who may be at least be considering taking less than this?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Wow, Charlotte must think this guy is going to be a star. I don't see it.

What I see is this contract looking very ugly in 2016 once they've had a full year of not seeing a return on the large investment.

Question: How does this affect the egos of Melo, Bosh, Wade and even James who are all better players who may be at least be considering taking less than this?
        Well Max for a player like Gordon is $63M over 4 years, which works out to 'only' $15M.. Where as with Bosh, he just got a Max offer from Houston for $88M over 4 years, which works out to around $22M ...

Hayward, Kemba and Big Al could be a nice trio going forward... But still... Gordon is NOT Max.

Comment

The Hornets are going to miss Josh McRoberts. Utah has cap space, I think they'll match.

Comment

ughhhh.... one could only imagine what demar would get this offseason if we didnt extend him
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

It's too much, but it's only going to be too much for a couple years. The new TV deal is incoming, and player salaries are going to go up by some 30% soon. In the final year of that deal or maybe even final two years of the deal, we'll look at it and say it's fair. Because it will be what all players like Batum, Hayward, Iguodala, Gallinari, Monta Ellis will be getting. Rookie max will be closer to 20 mil a year.

Not to mention that there could be a new lockout, and I doubt that it will bring player salaries down. Owners are all making money now, they won't want to lose a year. I think it's likely that the next CBA will be a bit more beneficial for the players.

So if you want to steal a restricted free agent now, a young guy with upside whose fair salary right now is maybe 10 mil, why not overpay him for a couple years? It's understandable.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Well Max for a player like Gordon is $63M over 4 years, which works out to 'only' $15M.. Where as with Bosh, he just got a Max offer from Houston for $88M over 4 years, which works out to around $22M ...

Hayward, Kemba and Big Al could be a nice trio going forward... But still... Gordon is NOT Max.
                Yes but my point is that for these superstars to band together they're all gonna have to take "Hayward money".

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Yes but my point is that for these superstars to band together they're all gonna have to take "Hayward money".
                  Bahahaha touche. I like how you put that.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Glad demar wasnt exposed to restricted free agency. Some idiot gm would have offered him the max
                    he'll get that chance after two more seasons.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      he'll get that chance after two more seasons.
                      Yeah, and it will probably be close to 20 mil a year at this pace.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        ughhhh.... one could only imagine what demar would get this offseason if we didnt extend him
                        Oh DeMar would definitely get the max if someone like Gordon Hayward gets it
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

If I was a Hornets fan I'd be hoping Utah matches. If I was a Utah fan, I'd be hoping the front office would let him go. That really says everything about this deal to me
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Hayward has added another gear, just keeps going up and up to dunk over people.

Comment

Gordon Hayward get MAX Offer Sheet from Hornets ...

I'm wondering how much of the newly inked tv deal (but at the time everyone knew it was coming) was considered when these teams seemingly started overpaying certain players for long term? Might start looking like "good" deals soon when the cap goes up.

Edit: bob loblaw already basically said what I said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X