Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is Derozan worth in today's market? Is he max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not saying he's worth max, but I think you are all underestimating Hayward. He still averaged 16/5/5 IN SPITE OF, and not because of, being on a terrible jazz team that didn't have a real pg until trey burke returned from injury.

Hayward's a better defender than derozan and can shoot the 3. He definitely doesn't draw as many fouls as derozan but he still gets to the line quite a bit. This isn't a knock on derozan, but if Hayward was on our team last year, he could have easily gotten similar numbers.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
      I think you are all underestimating Hayward. He still averaged 16/5/5 IN SPITE OF, and not because of, being on a terrible jazz team that didn't have a real pg until trey burke returned from injury.

Hayward's a better defender than derozan and can shoot the 3. He definitely doesn't draw as many fouls as derozan but he still gets to the line quite a bit. This isn't a knock on derozan, but if Hayward was on our team last year, he could have easily gotten similar numbers.
      Evan Turner

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Evan Turner
        What about him? He's never been a good defender, not as good a playmaker and he's actually even worse than derozan in 3pt shooting.

Comment

What about him? He's never been a good defender, not as good a playmaker and he's actually even worse than derozan in 3pt shooting.
          Same stats from playing as the first option on a terrible team. Good player but will be a salary dump eventually.

Comment

DD would get a Max Offer, but I think that's a little over what he's "worth".

However, It's not a massive overpay at Max.

Comment

Same stats from playing as the first option on a terrible team. Good player but will be a salary dump eventually.
              You quoted my response so you must have read it, right? Even if you're just looking at stats, I just said he can't hit 3s, so how are they the same? I also said that Hayward's a much better defender than either derozan and turner.

While it's true that both were primary options on bad teams, turners player efficiency was at like 12 whereas hayward was 16. And keep in mind that turner was averaging 15 shot attempts a game while hayward was at 13. That number alone tells you the difference between the 2.

Oh one more thing, Hayward's averaging these numbers in the West. Derozan and Turner play in the east. So that's another key difference....
              Last edited by Pong; Thu Jul 10, 2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

we can all agree that Jodie meeks now has an absolute atrocity of a contract right?
                #BringBackUzoh

Comment

You quoted my response so you must have read it, right? Even if you're just looking at stats, I just said he can't hit 3s, so how are they the same? I also said that Hayward's a much better defender than either derozan and turner.

While it's true that both were primary options on bad teams, turners player efficiency was at like 12 whereas hayward was 16. And keep in mind that turner was averaging 15 shot attempts a game while hayward was at 13. That number alone tells you the difference between the 2.

Oh one more thing, Hayward's averaging these numbers in the West. Derozan and Turner play in the east. So that's another key difference....
                  East vs West mean tougher defenses in the East. Hayward is a better player than Turner but he is also getting a max deal.

Comment

Not saying he's worth max, but I think you are all underestimating Hayward. He still averaged 16/5/5 IN SPITE OF, and not because of, being on a terrible jazz team that didn't have a real pg until trey burke returned from injury.

People should review derozans third year. It was not pretty.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                      In terms of dollar value, is he worth more than Lowry at $12 mil?
                      In terms of player output, is Demar more valuable on the court and off the court than Lowry?
                      Lowry is a much better basketball player than DD. So in that comparison DD at 9.5 is about right.

I always wondered what would have happened to DD in a different situation...he was given a lot, A LOT of free reign here for YEARS....he is extremely lucky

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        Lowry is a much better basketball player than DD. So in that comparison DD at 9.5 is about right.

I always wondered what would have happened to DD in a different situation...he was given a lot, A LOT of free reign here for YEARS....he is extremely lucky
                        important to remember that several factors caused the gap between on court production and salary in lowry's case: lack of historical production, injury history and history of attitude, and his age was probably factored in to decisions as well
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

For the record I always was a supporter of DD's contract, I knew he would live up to it. And when he signed it in the 2012-2013 season, I told people to not judge him off of his 44M contract because he was never getting paid his 11M or w.e, he only got paid his 11M THIS past season, the year he showed up to be worth more than a 11M contract.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            People should review derozans third year. It was not pretty.
                            I was blown away by his contract. I thought it was a steal.

so really, dont be so sure that just because ya say it, its right.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                              I only liked this because of the first and last block of text. The middle line was unnecessary, seriously.
                              heh.... everytime I leave this place, and come back, and post, its SO much easier to see how caught up in all this shit people are. take a step back and a deep breath man, shit aint nearly as offensive as yo think.

Comment

East vs West mean tougher defenses in the East. Hayward is a better player than Turner but he is also getting a max deal.
                                LOL what? It's a fact that the west is stronger than the east. Last year was even more obvious. Not saying Hayward's worth max, but he's not worse than derozan.

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Exactly. Again, not ragging on DD, but I'd like to see how did would do on last year's Jazz team who didn't have an actual PG. We've seen him struggle when he's the main focus.

Comment

Working...
                                X