Patterson & Vasquez Overpay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Can you see the difference between a 2yrs and 5 yrs?
    Good Luck to you Sir.

I am not into these childish back and forth things ...

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
      Good Luck to you Sir.

Childish, as in losing your mind over a 2 year contract?

Comment

Good Luck to you Sir.

As moderator I can attest to the fact that you appear to live for these things. Knock it off
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          As moderator I can attest to the fact that you appear to live for these things. Knock it off
          Moderator. Everyone scatter

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Moderator. Everyone scatter
            Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Javale McGee
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et3LTKx2OaA

Comment

Patterson's was a good contract. Similar to Amir's current one. And since Amir was banged up last year, I think the starting PF position is up for grabs, and Patterson could be a decent candidate.

Greivis's contract, yes it's overpaid (but not Jose Calderon overpaid), but worth it considering that it's only 2 years. It's not a bad contract considering how inferior guards got overpaid contracts (Ben Gordon, Avery Bradley, etc.) It just shows that the Raps wanted him to stay and vice versa. Greivis mentioned that he really didn't care how much he was getting paid, but he wanted security and longevity in his contract. 2 years is a steal, and based on their moves, they're setting up a possible run for KD in 2016.

Glad that this team is getting built the right way. Really excited for the upcoming season and the future years. The CHeatles are falling apart, Indiana's stagnant, Brooklyn's in a chaos, Knicks are still in rebuild mode, Cavs are unproven, so the East is very wide open at this point. Raps have a great chance to be Top 3-5 in the East, and have an excellent chance of winning the division again, and possibly win 50+ games. Teams to look out for would be Washington, Chicago, Atlanta, Cavs/Heat (depending on where The Brick signs). Can't wait!

Comment

truuth31 wrote: View Post
                  ugh some people in this thread disgust me. Why can't people just be happy we're bringing back the same group of guys and taking advantage of growing chemistry.
                  Yes let's just all bury our heads in our collective asses and eat whatever shit is given to us at all times and never try to think for ourselves!

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                    Yes let's just all bury our heads in our collective asses and eat whatever shit is given to us at all times and never try to think for ourselves!
                    Okay, I'm in. What's the catch?

Comment

I saw $24 million as the realistic pricetag for Lowry, Vasquez, and Patterson, and we came out pretty close to that. At least, that's about the max that we could offer and still have near-max free agent room next year. I think you can quibble about a million here and there, but the key is that we kept the salary flexibility we needed. If you compare these guys to some players, they look like steals. If you compare them to others, they look like overpays. That's the nature of contracts in the NBA. But the reality is that these contracts make sense for the Raptors because they maintain good young assets (obviously a priority for Ujiri) and also maintain cap flexibility in coming years. I don't see what's not to like.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                        I saw $24 million as the realistic pricetag for Lowry, Vasquez, and Patterson, and we came out pretty close to that. At least, that's about the max that we could offer and still have near-max free agent room next year. I think you can quibble about a million here and there, but the key is that we kept the salary flexibility we needed. If you compare these guys to some players, they look like steals. If you compare them to others, they look like overpays. That's the nature of contracts in the NBA. But the reality is that these contracts make sense for the Raptors because they maintain good young assets (obviously a priority for Ujiri) and also maintain cap flexibility in coming years. I don't see what's not to like.
                        +1. Main goal was to maintain cap flexibility. Only short-term contracts, essentially all 2/3 years. I could Lowry's as a 3, since he has an ETO. I would suspect he's likely to opt out, to get one of last 3/4 year contract, another larger pay-day.

Comment

Blazer's sign Blake to 2 year deal worth 4.2 million with player option for 2nd year !!!!
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...-two-year-deal

Is G.V. that much better than Blake ? To the fanatic Raptor fans here,yes but to the rest of NBA NO , not that much better to justify the over paying him.

Talking about Market setting value of the contract BS

Comment

Blazer's sign Blake to 2 year deal worth 4.2 million with player option for 2nd year !!!!

Is G.V. that much better than Blake ? To the fanatic Raptor fans here,yes but to the rest of NBA NO , not that much better to justify the over paying him.

You think the Vasquez isn't significantly better than Blake?

He's also 34.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
                              You think the Vasquez isn't significantly better than Blake?

He's also 34.
                              Not based on PER 36, not based on what we need G.V. to do as a back up while we have Lou Williams and not for the difference in the money that we are paying ...

You factor all 3 and you see our team would have benefited from a guy like Blake, with play offs experience and great work ethics and on a much cheaper contract than a G.V. unless we were getting the later for much much cheaper.

In a Salary Cap league with limited resources, It is all about the fit, how much you want to spend on each position and what are your more urgent needs.
                              Last edited by Jamshid; Thu Jul 10, 2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

He was offered more by other teams, but him & his family really love the city of portland and wanted to return to live there. you can't compare the contracts simply because the raptors don't play in portland.

Comment

Working...
                                X