Patterson & Vasquez Overpay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamshid wrote: View Post
    I can not belive some people make the Giant mistakes of other GM to justify the actions of the other one without even considering what stages the other team is at, why they did what they did, what are their resources and ... It must be lack of simple logic.
    tomorrow you go to any market and watch how much people pay for things and then offer half that and see if you go hungry.

even if the vasquez deal is an over pay it isn't our money, the team has no problem paying it, it makes all parties happy and doesn't put us into the dreadful luxury. who fucking cares.

not believing other people have a different opinion than you is a group of personal attacks, constantly saying the same thing is annoying. we understand your point of view.

if you pay 5000 dollars for a watch and so does random guy and i buy that watch for 4500 in the market set by you other people buying said watch. i got a deal
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Jul 12, 2014, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Did Carlos Boozer deal and Amare deal set the market price for future deal
      No, it did not. It was bad GM, doing bad things out of desperation.

Comment

different circumstances and a different time. apples to oranges. also before melo got to ny amare was playing great, then the knee went bad and there was nothing desperate about the boozer signing, chicago thought he was the piece they needed beside rose and noah it was working well again until the rose injuries and carlos was put into a roll he couldn't handle.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          tomorrow you go to any market and watch how much people pay for things and then offer half that and see if you go hungry.

even if the vasquez deal is an over pay it isn't our money, the team has no problem paying it, it makes all parties happy and doesn't put us into the dreadful luxury. who fucking cares.

not believing other people have a different opinion than you is a group of personal attacks, constantly saying the same thing is annoying. we understand your point of view.

if you pay 5000 dollars for a watch and so does random guy and i buy that watch for 4500 in the market set by you other people buying said watch. i got a deal
          Lol, love the econ 101 lesson. Its called a market, and prices fluctuate relative to how much people around you are willing to pay for things.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            different circumstances and a different time. apples to oranges.
            No my friend. It is the exact same thing ... There are always bad contract given out for various reasons via bad GMs. How about I give you another example : Fileds

Did his contract set the market value ? No, it did not.

How about one more to make it interesting : Thomas

This is why we see amnesty and player being moved around for nothing and ... Bad contracts are given everyday and smart GMs do not let them influence their decisions

I can give you more example but I think 4 that I gave you now should be enough. It is not apple and oranges ... It is basketball, Basketball players and contracts
            Last edited by Jamshid; Sat Jul 12, 2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

... and timing also matters in markets. If you go early, you get a fixed price. When you go late, and the shelves are almost empty, sometimes prices go up (or down).

So while I still think Vasquez was an overpay, I will admit that with people like Houston running around now with lots of cash and emptying shelves in front of them, that if anything Vasquez's market price would be higher today than when we signed him.

Comment

Bad GMs with cash to spend and in desperation are an influence on the market. They are a market factor that must be accounted for when offering deals.

There will always be bad GMs inflating the market value of whatever happens to be the commodity.

You can't remove the part of the market you don't like in order to pay what you think is fair.
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  Bad GMs with cash to spend and in desperation are an influence on the market. They are a market factor that must be accounted for when offering deals.
                  They should not be accounted for, they should be AVOIDED The same way, in the middle o over paying, MU gave out very reasonable contracts to Lowry and Patterson.

He did not let the EARLY over paying by BAD GMs influence his spending and made the right choices. Jordan Hill is getting 9 million while Spencer Hawes is getting 6.5 !!! Difference between a good GM and bad GM

Comment

They should not be accounted for, they should be AVOIDED The same way, in the middle o over paying, MU gave out very reasonable contracts to Lowry and Patterson.

He did not let the EARLY over paying by BAD GMs influence his spending and made the right choices. Jordan Hill is getting 9 million while Spencer Hawes is getting 6.5 !!! Difference between a good GM and bad GM
                    I would agree that they should not be taken into consideration, but they are, because that's how a market works.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

No my friend. It is the exact same thing ... There are always bad contract given out for various reasons via bad GMs. How about I give you another example : Fileds

Did his contract set the market value ? No, it did not.

How about one more to make it interesting : Thomas

This is why we see amnesty and player being moved around for nothing and ... Bad contracts are given everyday and smart GMs do not let them influence their decisions

I can give you more example but I think 4 that I gave you now should be enough. It is not apple and oranges ... It is basketball, Basketball players and contracts
                      wrong again. circumstances dictated the fields deal. bad deal, yes. was it because the market dictated his deal, no. it was bc trying to cockblock the knicks.

i don't know what thomas you're talking about

Comment

When you have money to spend to hit the salary floor you spend it.

thead wrote: View Post
                        I would agree that they should not be taken into consideration, but they are, because that's how a market works.

Salary floor considerations.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                          Salary floor considerations.
                          That's something many seem to be missing in some of these wild salaries being handed out for 2 years.

Comment

I like Vasquez better as a player, but we are super thin up front without Patterson.

Amir is not always healthy and I dread having to count on Hans-bruh and the Chuck Wagon (as much as I love him).

Patterson.

That being said I think that Patterson has Orlando after him to start and if he gets an offer for 5+ million a year, I think we gotta tip our hat and say goodbye.
                            PCOS Charity

Comment

You know Patterson is on the team right?

Comment

Someone didn't get the memo

Comment

Working...
                                X