Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Well at least he isn't 6'6 like the Chuck Wagon
    Oh for sure...I just think it's funny that Stiemsma is already that old because he's only been in the league a couple years and it feels like he should be under the "youngster" label.

Comment

• I think we should try and do a sign and trade for Greg Monroe to make him our starting PF
      Amir Johnson + a first should get it done

Greg Monroe is getting his max, he deserves it imo but Detroit does not want to remain financially obligated to a core of Josh Smith, Drummond and Monroe, who can't share the court together and are clearly flawed

When Drummond gets the max too, they will be capped out for a while and are looking to remain a bottom seed

Monroe is an allstar waiting to breakout that can grow and take this Raptors squad to the next level

Comment

• I don't think Monroe is a max player....More importantly, I don't think he's a good fit on our team. He's kinda stuck between PF and C in today's game. Really he becomes a C by default, because he's not quick enough defensively for PF, and he doesn't have enough range to play PF alongside most Cs.

Just seems like a bad target for Toronto.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I don't think Monroe is a max player....More importantly, I don't think he's a good fit on our team. He's kinda stuck between PF and C in today's game. Really he becomes a C by default, because he's not quick enough defensively for PF, and he doesn't have enough range to play PF alongside most Cs.

Just seems like a bad target for Toronto.

Monroe is the second coming of Al Jefferson. Lots of O and lack of D

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            Monroe is the second coming of Al Jefferson. Lots of O and lack of D
            I've actually made that comparsion before on this forum too...And that's part of the "he gets stuck playing C" thing. Big Al was also drafted as a PF, but with his lack of speed and shotblocking he's only remotely useful defensively as a C to fight in the post. Monroe will have to be used in a similar system to maximize his value.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
              I think we should try and do a sign and trade for Greg Monroe to make him our starting PF
              Amir Johnson + a first should get it done

Greg Monroe is getting his max, he deserves it imo but Detroit does not want to remain financially obligated to a core of Josh Smith, Drummond and Monroe, who can't share the court together and are clearly flawed

When Drummond gets the max too, they will be capped out for a while and are looking to remain a bottom seed

Monroe is an allstar waiting to breakout that can grow and take this Raptors squad to the next level

i agree with white men, don't think greg is a max player unless someone is trying to poach him and if they were going to they would have. i also hope drummond doesn't get the max without improving his game a bit as well. he is one knee injury away from being amare.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                If Amir or the team opts in for his contract, do we resign him in 2015? For how much? There's plenty of nice big men in 2015. And don't we need cap space for 2016?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                Amir is gonna beast it this season. We will be begging to have him resigned. My guess is he'll resign for about the same amount or a little less if it's 3-4 years.

Comment

• Monroe isn't a realistic option for us. Like others have said, I think he is best served as a C. I'm surprised the Lakers didn't go after him, or maybe they did and didn't have the assets to acquire him. He would ruin our cap flexibility going forward, and paired next to JV would not be good. With JV, we need a mobile 4 that can do the things defensively that Amir does, hedge the PnR and fill the lane, plus offensively he is great on the perimeter setting screens and helping our ball handlers. Monroe cannot do these things. Do not underrate Amir, we really have little need for a scoring PF, at least from the post. That will be JV's responsibility. If anything, we need a proper stretch 4 (we have Patterson) or someone that can play like Amir but is better...like...I don't know, maybe Taj Gibson.

Comment

• Lou will likely be traded IMO. I said this shortly after we acquired him. There isn't enough minutes to go around. He is a good insurance policy but he is better than warming the bench until an injury occurs. I see Ross, JJ, and Demar taking up the SF minutes. Lowry and GV will get the PG minutes, and Demar, Ross, and GV will get the SG minutes. Lowry, Demar, Ross starts. Vasquez and Johnson will sub for Lowry and Ross. Then Lowry back in for Demar and we run the 2 PG lineup. If all GV does is back up Lowry, then he is only getting 18 MPG and that's if Lowry takes a minutes cut. That's not enough for GV, especially @6.5M per, and he would want more. So either Lou or GV gets traded, and I think it's obvious whom that is.

Lowry/GV
                    DD/GV/Ross
                    Ross/JJ/DD
                    Amir/Patterson/Hans
                    JV/Bebe/Hayes

That's a solid 8man rotation with limited minutes for Hans, Bebe, and Hayes. Coboclo may get some garbage minutes as well. I could see Lou getting spot minutes here, but I can't see him averaging anything substantial. Just seems like a waste to me. It wouldn't hurt to hold on to him of course, as he is expiring, so it isn't like he have to trade him. And of course, in the event of an injury to Lowry, Vasquez, Demar or Ross, Lou would be a very nice player to fill in. The idea of packaging him with Hans seems like it has potential for a decent return, but I doubt we would want more guaranteed salary coming back. Any ideas for a Hans/LouWill trade that nets us a backup C and a cheaper 3rd string wing, with less guaranteed salary coming back? That may be hard to find. WAS seems like the type of team that may be interested in a Hans/LouWill package, but I don't know what they could return of interest.

Minutes Breakdown:

PG (48 min total) - Lowry @ 32 min, Vasquez @ 16 min
                    SG (48 min total) - Demar @ 34 min, Ross @ 4 min, GV @ 10 min
                    SF (48 min total) - Ross @ 24 min, JJ @ 24 min
                    PF (48 min total) - Amir @ 26 min, Patterson @ 22 min
                    C (48 min total) - JV @ 32 min, Bebe @ 10 min, Hayes @ 6 min

Not alot of room for Lou Williams, and this is factoring in a reduction in minutes for Lowry and Demar I think (not sure of last seasons averages). Maybe JJ gets less minutes, clearing up a few minutes for Lou at the 2 with either Ross or Demar at the 3. That's about all I can see, because I think GV gets at least that 26 MPG. Not alot of room for Hans either, as Amir and Patterson should take all the PF minutes. Maybe Amir gets some C minutes and Hans can get in that way. Maybe Bebe isn't ready, and if so, we may be better off moving Hans and try to get a backup C with length. Hans + LouWill for ?????. Can we afford to take back more guaranteed salary? How much flexibility do we need summer 2015? Maybe summer 2016 is the real target for cap space which would allow us to take back contracts with one more year on them compared to the Hans/Lou. expirings

Comment

• I think Lou should get traded, him and Vasquez bring the same game.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think there is a rule in place about packaging Lou...

I dont think we can add him to trade for 90 days
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• There are more than enough minutes to go around even with Lou on the team, just means more rest for Lowry/DD which is a good thing.

PG: Lowry (31)/Vasquez(17)
                          SG: DeRozan (25)/Lou(20)/Vasquez(5)
                          SF: Ross (28)/DeRozan(10)/JJ(10)
                          PF: Amir (18)/2Pat (25)/JJ(5)
                          C: Jonas (30)/Nogueira (10/Amir (8)

DD - 35
                          Lowry - 31
                          Jonas - 30
                          Ross - 28
                          Amir - 26
                          2Pat - 25
                          Vasquez - 22
                          Lou - 20
                          JJ - 15
                          Nogeuira - 10
                          Last edited by imanshumpert; Mon Jul 14, 2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            I think there is a rule in place about packaging Lou...

I dont think we can add him to trade for 90 days
                            He can be traded immediately. He can be included in a package immediately. But he cannot have his salary aggregated with another salary to absorb a bigger total incoming salary for 2 months.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                              There are more than enough minutes to go around even with Lou on the team, just means more rest for Lowry/DD which is a good thing.

PG: Lowry (31)/Vasquez(15)
                              SG: DeRozan (25)/Lou(20)/Vasquez(5)
                              SF: Ross (28)/DeRozan(10)/JJ(10)
                              PF: Amir (18)/2Pat (25)/JJ(5)
                              C: Jonas (30)/Nogueira (10/Amir (8)

DD - 35
                              Lowry - 31
                              Jonas - 30
                              Ross - 28
                              Amir - 26
                              2Pat - 25
                              Vasquez - 20
                              Lou - 20
                              JJ - 15
                              Nogeuira - 10
                              I like the idea of going without a PG for 2 minutes. Creative!
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                I like the idea of going without a PG for 2 minutes. Creative!
                                I originally wrote Lowry (33) but forgot to change GV to 17 when i changed it, oops!

Comment

Working...
                                X