No announcement yet.

Is this the 2014-15 team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we really going into this season with ONLY Big Val and Bebe at our C position ?? Boy, Big Val better have made some improvement or we are in big trouble.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
      Are we really going into this season with ONLY Big Val and Bebe at our C position ?? Boy, Big Val better have made some improvement or we are in big trouble.
      Riiiiiiiight.

You forgot about Chuck.

JV and Chuck, along with Amir, only backstopped the C position on the way to 48 wins and a .650 win % after the Gay trade.

Stop trolling and start thinking rationally.

Comment

Hayes back up C I love it. 6'6" Center
        Amir is needed on PF and given his injury , well, you know the rest.

At the end of last season, 99% of the RR was in agreement that we need a SF and back up C. From last year to this year, our improvement in back up C is Bebe yes, Mr.Bebe ...

Also, stop with TROLLING garbage. Just because someone does not agree with you and does not want to be a mouth piece for the organization ( like you were for BC for 7 years), it does not make what they are doing a trolling

Comment

Bebe surprised me a bit in the first summer league game. His B-ball IQ, while still fairly poor, was much better than I expected. And his offensive touch was also something that surprised me, he seems to have a better mid-range game than Jonas already, while I was expecting him to be limited to 2ft from the basket type offense. Basically, he seems to be in the same development stage as Jonas was in his rookie year. Yes, he needs to bulk up like Casey keeps repeating, but he should be good for 10 minutes a game. And I give 0 chance he goes back to Europe, dude wants to be in the NBA end of story.

Also, why not leave the 15th roster spot open and use it for in-season injury replacements.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
            Bebe surprised me a bit in the first summer league game. His B-ball IQ, while still fairly poor, was much better than I expected. And his offensive touch was also something that surprised me, he seems to have a better mid-range game than Jonas already, while I was expecting him to be limited to 2ft from the basket type offense. Basically, he seems to be in the same development stage as Jonas was in his rookie year. Yes, he needs to bulk up like Casey keeps repeating, but he should be good for 10 minutes a game. And I give 0 chance he goes back to Europe, dude wants to be in the NBA end of story.

Also, why not leave the 15th roster spot open and use it for in-season injury replacements.
            Bebe's going to end up on Shaqtin eventually. He is also a PF, he can't grab defensive rebounds and needs to be paired with JV. McGee gets a bad rap but he is a good player.

Comment

When Lou, Hands Bro, Hayes and Fields all expire it will free up roster spots and lots of cash.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Okfor as back up center

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                  Hayes back up C I love it. 6'6" Center
                  Amir is needed on PF and given his injury , well, you know the rest.

At the end of last season, 99% of the RR was in agreement that we need a SF and back up C. From last year to this year, our improvement in back up C is Bebe yes, Mr.Bebe ...

Also, stop with TROLLING garbage. Just because someone does not agree with you and does not want to be a mouth piece for the organization ( like you were for BC for 7 years), it does not make what they are doing a trolling
                  You're really not intelligent.

Hayes and Amir both manned C spot last year regardless of position or size.

Answer this: when JV left the game, who played at C?

Maybe if you stopped trolling I'd stop calling you on it.

Comment

These emoticon filled posts are just....just... silly.

Comment

• Guys, just block Jamshid, it's a wonderful life.
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        Guys, just block Jamshid, it's a wonderful life.
                        no need...dropped the ban hammer... continue with pleasant and engaging emoticon free conversation
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          no need...dropped the ban hammer... continue with pleasant and engaging emoticon free conversation
                          Why he get banned?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            Why he get banned?
                            No more smiley face?

Comment

• awww, i will miss him popping up on my ignore list.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                PG: Lowry, Vasquez, Buycks*
                                SG: DeRozan, Williams, Fields
                                SF: Ross, Johnson, Bruno
                                PF: Amir, Patterson, Hansbrough
                                C: Valanciunas, Hayes, Bebe

I think the key here is Bebe. I know little of this kid, and it seems posters are torn whether or not he can contribute 10-15 minutes a game next season... Another C with length would be nice if Bebe doesn't play, but I fear an injury to either Lowry or GV could stretch our guard rotation. This would be especially true if an injury was lengthy, so having another PG to give 10min a game in that event might be nice. Of course, I could say the same if there was an injury to a big man, especially JV.
                                Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Once the logjam breaks there will be a flurry of signings. Some will be at headscratching prices (remember Josh Smith last year) and some bargins.

We are in position to sit and wait to see if a veteran centre is available at great price for us. I think we need to look at this because if JV goes down we are woefully short at that position. We can struggle through at the PG position as we have the ability to survive a 3 week injury with a content of Kyle / GV / Lou. I think not at centre if its Chuck and Bebe as the go to backups if JV got hurt. Maybe Amir but he is just not built for playing C night in and night out.

We will see after summer league if Bebe is capable of playing 5 -8 minutes a night or more and the decision to move on a C might be made then.
                                JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                                Did Ed Davis get signed?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                                Last time I checked he was making progress with the Clippers.

He has no use coming back here tho, we have enough 4s.
                                JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                                Yeah I know. But would hate to see him not on a team, you know

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                I'd like to see him on a team, and although we definitely do NOT need another 4 I'd much rather have Davis as our backup Center than Chuck Hayes. In his rookie year, didn't Davis' dad say he was going to buck up and be a center?

magoon wrote: View Post
                                Of course, the Spurs have their own D-League affiliate while we have to share space with all the other teams who use the Bakersfield Jam, which means we can't use the D-League to develop players as we see fit. The Raps really need their own D-League affiliate post-haste.
                                Yes and YES!

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Canadians suck. I want a German
                                Germans suck, I want a Martian

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                                I'd say sign the best out of our summer league PGs, Buycks given an edge for chemistry, system knowledge, etc.

If Bebe is coming over, no need or another C as we'd have 4 on our roster and only 2 natural PGs. Next move is definitely a PG.
                                I have serious doubts that Bebe can be a back up center this year.

caccia wrote: View Post
                                First team: Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, A. Johnson, Valanciunas

Second team: Vasquez, Williams, J. Johnson, Patterson, Hansbrough

That's how I see it, and it's a very strong lineup. But then, we all know that Coach Casey's lineups are a bit crazy, changing from one game to the next, often without much of a pattern (except we could always count on Salmon). Here's hoping to more stable times ahead.
                                Hansborough at back up C is a weakness other teams can exploit.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Riiiiiiiight.

You forgot about Chuck.

JV and Chuck, along with Amir, only backstopped the C position on the way to 48 wins and a .650 win % after the Gay trade.

Stop trolling and start thinking rationally.
                                mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                You're really not intelligent.

Hayes and Amir both manned C spot last year regardless of position or size.

Answer this: when JV left the game, who played at C?

Maybe if you stopped trolling I'd stop calling you on it.
                                Smiley faces aside. I am MUCH more worried about the center position than the PG position. YES Amir can do a capable job as a center, but I do think that a huge problem considering his injury history. He was definitely not 100% for the playoffs at was a problem in round one.

If Jonas has an injury this year forcing Amir to play heavy minutes at center I think that has real implications once we are in the playoffs. I think that Vasquez and Williams playing extended pg minutes has a much lower negative impact on guys being healthy in the playoffs. And with this roster, we need to focus not on getting to the playoffs, but what we are going to do once we get there.

With the shake up in Miami, and the strength of the conference, I think most fans would be disappointed with another first round exit. Playing Amir heavy minutes at center is likely to come back and haunt us IF we are wanting to make a deep playoff run.

Our PF depth is good enough that it is possible to shift Amir over to Center without increasing his minutes, by moving PP into the starting line up with TH as the back up PF. BUT in either case you've still got Chuch Hayes as your back up center. And that's an issue. You can say whatever you want about last seasons record, but there's little doubt in my mind, that Chuck Hayes is a 3rd stringer, not a Backup. And it's the only position on our roster where you can say that.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X