No announcement yet.

Is this the 2014-15 team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruno aint gonna play in our roster this year, in two years he will join the Raps and 2 more after that, he will improve

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      First time in a long time I have actually read Doug and didn't end up shaking my head at my screen.

If he brought insight like this more often I would be a little more kind.
      I really dont think most of you guys get doug Smith. I love his coverage, and I think he's smart.

Half the time he seems off to you, is for a reason, there is NO HYPE. You can't fill pages for 90 games a year with insight, there isn't that much insight to fill um with.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        Bruno aint gonna play in our roster this year, in two years he will join the Raps and 2 more after that, he will improve
        Isn't that what that guy on draft night that had never even heard of Bruno say?

Comment

Has Diante Garrett been waived/released yet?
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I honestly think we drop Buycks and pick up a C for the 15th spot.

Comment

Oh that's strange, you must have some insight that the GM and coach don't? Sure he may not get a lot of minutes in meaningful stretches of games, but when we are blowing teams out by 20 every night, he'll get plenty of g'ahbage time.

He's going to be on the roster as per Masai...

Comment

2 years away from being 2 years away

Comment

by my count we have

summer 2015

Hansbrough 3.3m
                  Hayes 5.9m
                  Johnson 7.0m
                  Fields 6.5m
                  Camby 700k
                  Buycks 800k
                  Williams 5m
                  roughly 28 million coming off the books with Amir Johnson (healthy-ish) only likely to be resigned

followed by summer 2016

Vasquez 6.8m
                  Johnson 2.7m

9.5 million and another 9.5 if DeMar opts out (unless he is injured he likely will)
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    by my count we have

summer 2015

Hansbrough 3.3m
                    Hayes 5.9m
                    Johnson 7.0m
                    Fields 6.5m
                    Camby 700k
                    Buycks 800k
                    Williams 5m
                    roughly 28 million coming off the books with Amir Johnson (healthy-ish) only likely to be resigned

followed by summer 2016

Vasquez 6.8m
                    Johnson 2.7m

9.5 million and another 9.5 if DeMar opts out (unless he is injured he likely will)
                    Sounds like we could make a good run at Love or Aldridge. If not, maintain flexibility and go after KD the year after.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      Sounds like we could make a good run at Love or Aldridge. If not, maintain flexibility and go after KD the year after.
                      I'm dreaming of Bron staying in Miami for 2 more years, then we sign him in '16. Make it happen Drake!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        I'm dreaming of Bron staying in Miami for 2 more years, then we sign him in '16. Make it happen Drake!
                        I can't bare to think of this franchise coddling LBJ like he is the 2nd coming of Christ. I'd rather KD personally.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          I can't bare to think of this franchise coddling LBJ like he is the 2nd coming of Christ. I'd rather KD personally.
                          He is a few years younger, so you do have that. I'm fine with either or though. I'd say they are both upgrades

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            by my count we have

summer 2015

Hansbrough 3.3m
                            Hayes 5.9m
                            Johnson 7.0m
                            Fields 6.5m
                            Camby 700k
                            Buycks 800k
                            Williams 5m

followed by summer 2016

Vasquez 6.8m
                            Johnson 2.7m

As interesting and important as those expirings are, you shouldn't present them like this. That gives the impression we will be able to use that 28M. We won't. I currently project about 15M in cap room (without re-signing anyone) next summer. And about 30M the summer after, though that includes GV and DD walking, and if we use that 15M next summer it will also eat into that.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              He is a few years younger, so you do have that. I'm fine with either or though. I'd say they are both upgrades
                              I can't argue with that!

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                I really dont think most of you guys get doug Smith. I love his coverage, and I think he's smart.

Half the time he seems off to you, is for a reason, there is NO HYPE. You can't fill pages for 90 games a year with insight, there isn't that much insight to fill um with.
                                We've all got opinions.

I'm glad you love him and think he is smart.

He seems off to me because there is no hype? No, he is off because he is an opinionated asshat who should have been writing for Raptors.com. His hissy fit when TL/Masai cleaned house was unprofessional and showed his obvious bias. He complains and groans about his job and belittles anyone with a difference of opinion.

See. I've got an opinion too. Not sure it is any more or less credible than your own though.

Comment

Working...
                                X