Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the 2014-15 team?

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Bruno aint gonna play in our roster this year, in two years he will join the Raps and 2 more after that, he will improve
    Oh that's strange, you must have some insight that the GM and coach don't? Sure he may not get a lot of minutes in meaningful stretches of games, but when we are blowing teams out by 20 every night, he'll get plenty of g'ahbage time.

He's going to be on the roster as per Masai...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter mjt20mik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruno aint gonna play in our roster this year, in two years he will join the Raps and 2 more after that, he will improve
    2 years away from being 2 years away

Post Thanks / Like

by my count we have

summer 2015

Hansbrough 3.3m
    Hayes 5.9m
    Johnson 7.0m
    Fields 6.5m
    Camby 700k
    Buycks 800k
    Williams 5m
    roughly 28 million coming off the books with Amir Johnson (healthy-ish) only likely to be resigned

followed by summer 2016

Vasquez 6.8m
    Johnson 2.7m

9.5 million and another 9.5 if DeMar opts out (unless he is injured he likely will)

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    by my count we have

summer 2015

Hansbrough 3.3m
    Hayes 5.9m
    Johnson 7.0m
    Fields 6.5m
    Camby 700k
    Buycks 800k
    Williams 5m
    roughly 28 million coming off the books with Amir Johnson (healthy-ish) only likely to be resigned

followed by summer 2016

Vasquez 6.8m
    Johnson 2.7m

9.5 million and another 9.5 if DeMar opts out (unless he is injured he likely will)
    Sounds like we could make a good run at Love or Aldridge. If not, maintain flexibility and go after KD the year after.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Sounds like we could make a good run at Love or Aldridge. If not, maintain flexibility and go after KD the year after.
    I'm dreaming of Bron staying in Miami for 2 more years, then we sign him in '16. Make it happen Drake!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I'm dreaming of Bron staying in Miami for 2 more years, then we sign him in '16. Make it happen Drake!
    I can't bare to think of this franchise coddling LBJ like he is the 2nd coming of Christ. I'd rather KD personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I can't bare to think of this franchise coddling LBJ like he is the 2nd coming of Christ. I'd rather KD personally.
    He is a few years younger, so you do have that. I'm fine with either or though. I'd say they are both upgrades
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

by my count we have

summer 2015

Hansbrough 3.3m
    Hayes 5.9m
    Johnson 7.0m
    Fields 6.5m
    Camby 700k
    Buycks 800k
    Williams 5m

followed by summer 2016

Vasquez 6.8m
    Johnson 2.7m

As interesting and important as those expirings are, you shouldn't present them like this. That gives the impression we will be able to use that 28M. We won't. I currently project about 15M in cap room (without re-signing anyone) next summer. And about 30M the summer after, though that includes GV and DD walking, and if we use that 15M next summer it will also eat into that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    He is a few years younger, so you do have that. I'm fine with either or though. I'd say they are both upgrades
    I can't argue with that!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    I really dont think most of you guys get doug Smith. I love his coverage, and I think he's smart.

Half the time he seems off to you, is for a reason, there is NO HYPE. You can't fill pages for 90 games a year with insight, there isn't that much insight to fill um with.
    We've all got opinions.

I'm glad you love him and think he is smart.

He seems off to me because there is no hype? No, he is off because he is an opinionated asshat who should have been writing for Raptors.com. His hissy fit when TL/Masai cleaned house was unprofessional and showed his obvious bias. He complains and groans about his job and belittles anyone with a difference of opinion.

See. I've got an opinion too. Not sure it is any more or less credible than your own though.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Okay, riddle me this. If a great free agent opportunity comes along to upgrade the team, but the roster is full and the team is capped out and there are no trade partners available, then Masai could simply waive Hayes or Fields, eat the salary, pay the tax and sign the free agent no?

Something Doug Smith said in his blog got me thinking.

"Salaries have a way of evening out as the free agency season drones on, there might be relative bargains to be had in the next couple or three weeks and the Raptors remain pretty well set up to do what they have to do."

He's right. Bargains sometimes DO become available. TL has said many times that the team has no problem moving into luxury tax territory, so it a FA comes along that could move the needle, and could be had on a two year deal, Bell and Rogers might easily eat an extra $6-8.5 mill this year to acquire that FA. Or have I missed something in the CBA?

Once the logjam breaks there will be a flurry of signings. Some will be at headscratching prices (remember Josh Smith last year) and some bargins.

We are in position to sit and wait to see if a veteran centre is available at great price for us. I think we need to look at this because if JV goes down we are woefully short at that position. We can struggle through at the PG position as we have the ability to survive a 3 week injury with a content of Kyle / GV / Lou. I think not at centre if its Chuck and Bebe as the go to backups if JV got hurt. Maybe Amir but he is just not built for playing C night in and night out.

We will see after summer league if Bebe is capable of playing 5 -8 minutes a night or more and the decision to move on a C might be made then.

Raptors Republic Starter Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

by my count we have

summer 2015

Hansbrough 3.3m
    Hayes 5.9m
    Johnson 7.0m
    Fields 6.5m
    Camby 700k
    Buycks 800k
    Williams 5m

followed by summer 2016

Vasquez 6.8m
    Johnson 2.7m

Dan H will have some tweaks to this but right now but assuming Kyle is level loaded on his 48M and with Johnston/GV signings and no commitment to Buckys we are in the range of 72.5M of committed salary this season. Gives us about 3.1 M to spend this year to get a backup C (Okafor ?) or re-up Buckys (at about 900K guaranteed one year ) to stay under the luxury tax.

2015-16 sees us landing in the 55.5M range of committed salary if GV's deal is guaranteed. This includes: Kyle/Demar/Amir/Tross/JV/Bruno/Bebe/Ppat/James Johnson/GV/Cap Hold for 1st round pick I assume we keep. Thats about 55.5M against the cap or about 8M to sign an FA with. We could clear an additional 7M by dropping Amir from the mix. So between 8 and 15M for FA to be signed and be under the cap.

We just drop the Camby hold and conventional opinion is that both Chuck and Landry are not coming back and decisions to be made on Tyler and Lou Williams to resign or walk away from as players on payroll that keep us under the tax apron of 77M.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    We can't just "eat" 6-8.5M. Atm we can only offer a portion of the MLE (a little under 3M or so) at most to any free agent. The only way we could offer more than that is via a sign and trade involving our TPE or maybe Hayes/Fields if the other team got some assets along with them.
    Of course, I immediately thought of this after posting. If you "eat " the salary, it still counts. "Brain Fart"

Post Thanks / Like

Uhm... well they signed him to a rookie scale, which means he won't be draft/stashed, which makes it way more likely that he plays...
    @Boymusic66

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we have our team set now as well and this was the last move. Over all, not a bad summer for Casey.
    He had two great signing which he will get an A from me : Lowry and Patterson
    He had two bad signing which he will get a C from me: James Johnson and G.V.

So now the questions will be:
    1) How much Big Val is going to improve this summer?
    2) Will Ross add to his game new things this summer the way DD did in the past?
    3) How ready is Bruno?
    4) Is J.J. all grown up now and will listen to Casey?
    5) Will Lou William take minutes away from G.V. and if yes, how will Vasquez react?
    6) Fileds ... ummm, no there is no hope for that guy's shot to come back. Never Mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    Uhm... well they signed him to a rookie scale, which means he won't be draft/stashed, which makes it way more likely that he plays...
    Yeah no doubt he gets some legit burn this season. I can see him playing 10-15 mins.

Post Thanks / Like

Ross and JV are due extensions going into next summer yes?

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Ed Davis get signed?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Did Ed Davis get signed?

Last time I checked he was making progress with the Clippers.

He has no use coming back here tho, we have enough 4s.

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    Last time I checked he was making progress with the Clippers.

He has no use coming back here tho, we have enough 4s.
    Yeah I know. But would hate to see him not on a team, you know

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information