Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 167

Thread: Is this the 2014-15 team?

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    Yeah no doubt he gets some legit burn this season. I can see him playing 10-15 mins.
    I think that's unlikely...at the very least that is a very optimistic outlook. I think he is on the roster so they can better control his development. But I highly doubt he sees the floor much. I expect alot of DNP's. This kid would have to explode this summer to get playing time next year. I expect James Johnson will see that 10-15 minutes before Bruno.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Starter mjt20mik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I think that's unlikely...at the very least that is a very optimistic outlook. I think he is on the roster so they can better control his development. But I highly doubt he sees the floor much. I expect alot of DNP's. This kid would have to explode this summer to get playing time next year. I expect James Johnson will see that 10-15 minutes before Bruno.
    That's fair. I totally forgot about JJ when typing that. Yeah, it's been a long week.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    That's fair. I totally forgot about JJ when typing that. Yeah, it's been a long week.
    yeah, I only realized we signed him an hour or so ago, shortly after I made a post predicting how the rotations may work next season, without factoring him in of course.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What's pretty awesome is the age group of the roster.. we truly do have a young team now:

    JV - 22
    Amir - 27
    Ross - 23
    DeMar - 24
    Lowry - 28
    GV - 27
    2Pat - 25
    Lou W - 27
    Tyler H - 28
    Bruno - 18
    Bebe - 21
    Hayes - 31
    JJ - 27
    Fields - 26
    *Buycks - 25

  5. Like JawsGT liked this post
  6. #45
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    What's pretty awesome is the age group of the roster.. we truly do have a young team now:

    JV - 22
    Amir - 27
    Ross - 23
    DeMar - 24
    Lowry - 28
    GV - 27
    2Pat - 25
    Lou W - 27
    Tyler H - 28
    Bruno - 18
    Bebe - 21
    Hayes - 31
    JJ - 27
    Fields - 26
    *Buycks - 25
    Very true but also with the benefit of having a mature 27,24 and 28 in Amir, DeMar and Lowry. There's no Timmy D but that's some leadership growing.

  7. #46
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    What's pretty awesome is the age group of the roster.. we truly do have a young team now:

    JV - 22
    Amir - 27
    Ross - 23
    DeMar - 24
    Lowry - 28
    GV - 27
    2Pat - 25
    Lou W - 27
    Tyler H - 28
    Bruno - 18
    Bebe - 21
    Hayes - 31
    JJ - 27
    Fields - 26
    *Buycks - 25
    Hayes is younger than I thought. A year older than Bosh?

  8. #47
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No point of allocating minutes, at the end of the season we'll have a bunch of new guys.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  9. #48
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    No point of allocating minutes, at the end of the season we'll have a bunch of new guys.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    ages, not minutes

  10. #49
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    Hope!
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  11. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really would like to see Bebe get minutes, but I think Casey is probably gonna opt to go with smaller lineups instead of playing him much. We'll likely see a fair bit of JJ at the 4 with Amir/JV/2Pat at the 5.

  12. #51
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I really would like to see Bebe get minutes, but I think Casey is probably gonna opt to go with smaller lineups instead of playing him much. We'll likely see a fair bit of JJ at the 4 with Amir/JV/2Pat at the 5.
    If he can squeeze in about 10-12 minutes per game (blowouts more, tight games less) I'll be happy.

    If Bruno never plays this season outside D-League, I'm fine with that.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  13. #52
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default





    See how Summer League goes but I would sign Kabongo for a number of reasons (some non-basketball) and put him in D-League with Bruno.

    Bruno gets a traveling buddy and Kabongo gets the game time he needs. If memory serves correct, the Spurs put Joseph in D-League quite a bit in his first year or two.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  14. Like Raptor Jesus liked this post
  15. #53
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    See how Summer League goes but I would sign Kabongo for a number of reasons (some non-basketball) and put him in D-League with Bruno.

    Bruno gets a traveling buddy and Kabongo gets the game time he needs. If memory serves correct, the Spurs put Joseph in D-League quite a bit in his first year or two.
    Of course, the Spurs have their own D-League affiliate while we have to share space with all the other teams who use the Bakersfield Jam, which means we can't use the D-League to develop players as we see fit. The Raps really need their own D-League affiliate post-haste.

  16. #54
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Ross and JV are due extensions going into next summer yes?
    They will still be rookie scale next summer. Summer after will be when the extensions kick in. But sometime next summer is when they have to sign the extension.

  17. #55
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post




    See how Summer League goes but I would sign Kabongo for a number of reasons (some non-basketball) and put him in D-League with Bruno.

    Bruno gets a traveling buddy and Kabongo gets the game time he needs. If memory serves correct, the Spurs put Joseph in D-League quite a bit in his first year or two.
    An argument could be made for Machado over Kabongo. Machado is an elite passer - if we want the ball in Bruno's hands, he's the guy to put it there. Add in Machado is Brazilian, and that might make for a better travel buddy.

  18. Like Fully liked this post
  19. #56
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just let me have 1 Canadian...Just 1.... Cleveland has 4 and all I want is 1

  20. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Just let me have 1 Canadian...Just 1.... Cleveland has 4 and all I want is 1
    Why? It doesn't do anything for us.

    If Kabongo is garbage and Machado can at least be a good set-up man I want Scott. No sense signing trash just because we're a Canadian team.

  21. #58
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Why? It doesn't do anything for us.

    If Kabongo is garbage and Machado can at least be a good set-up man I want Scott. No sense signing trash just because we're a Canadian team.
    Canadians suck. I want a German

  22. #59
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Why? It doesn't do anything for us.

    If Kabongo is garbage and Machado can at least be a good set-up man I want Scott. No sense signing trash just because we're a Canadian team.
    Just 1 iman...15th man and 4th in PG depth...he can carry towels for all I care. I am aware that this is irrational btw

  23. #60
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    RaptorLand
    Posts
    478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd say sign the best out of our summer league PGs, Buycks given an edge for chemistry, system knowledge, etc.

    If Bebe is coming over, no need or another C as we'd have 4 on our roster and only 2 natural PGs. Next move is definitely a PG.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •