No announcement yet.

Is this the 2014-15 team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not see GV averaging 32 minutes a game.
    Realistically, he will be on the floor for ~25 mins a game.

Last year, he was our backup point guard, and our backup shooting guard essentially
    We saw a lot of sets with Kyle Lowry, and Vasquez because we didn't have a backup SG.
    The more we play Vasquez, the more it shows that he can't play perimeter defense.
    Lou Williams can come in and play backup SG for maybe ~20 minutes a game?

If Landry Fields gets his shot back, he and James Johnson will be fighting for the role of backup SF with the other one traded.
    I could probably see JJ getting traded easier because he's on a flexible contract, but thats if Fields gets back into form

Comment

• An 8 man rotation is all we need.

Depth is great but really you should let your main guys stay in rhythm, which means our depth chart is more like:

Lowry/Vasquez
      DD/Lou
      Ross/DD
      Amir/Patterson
      Valanciunas/Amir/Patterson

With JJ, Hayes, Hansborough, Bebe and Bruno getting occasional minutes depending on the situation.

And hopefully we can keep Lowry to that 30mpg mark to keep him healthy

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        An 8 man rotation is all we need.

Depth is great but really you should let your main guys stay in rhythm, which means our depth chart is more like:

Lowry/Vasquez
        DD/Lou
        Ross/DD
        Amir/Patterson
        Valanciunas/Amir/Patterson

With JJ, Hayes, Hansborough, Bebe and Bruno getting occasional minutes depending on the situation.

And hopefully we can keep Lowry to that 30mpg mark to keep him healthy
        What about James Johnson? He is gonna be a part of our rotation.
        Plus Casey likes to experiment with 2 PG lineups with Vasquez as a backup SG

With your rotation, thats asking a lot out of our bigs.
        Hayes will only get spot minutes, but we should probably cut Buycks and sign Cole Aldrich or someone like Hamid Haddadi or Biedrins idk
        Last edited by 2kfeen; Sun Jul 13, 2014, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
          I do not see GV averaging 32 minutes a game.
          Realistically, he will be on the floor for ~25 mins a game.

Last year, he was our backup point guard, and our backup shooting guard essentially
          We saw a lot of sets with Kyle Lowry, and Vasquez because we didn't have a backup SG.
          The more we play Vasquez, the more it shows that he can't play perimeter defense.
          Lou Williams can come in and play backup SG for maybe ~20 minutes a game?

If Landry Fields gets his shot back, he and James Johnson will be fighting for the role of backup SF with the other one traded.
          I could probably see JJ getting traded easier because he's on a flexible contract, but thats if Fields gets back into form
          Lou is equally if not worse than gv on perimeter defence. He is a sg in a pg body and you can't play him at pg for a majority of minutes because all he does is shoot, he has no conscience. And gv is a pg in a sg body.

I can see Casey throwing in a lineup of gv and Lou together this year as on offence gv can be the 1 and Lou can be the 2 but vies versa on defence
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Think our rotation settles in at 9 guys, and that it's pretty obvious who those are....

Starting 5 same as last year, plus Vasquez, Pat, Williams and Johnson. Williams and Johnson will probably see their minutes vary more. Hayes and Hansbrough will take any minutes left at the bigs.

@2kfeen....Think the possibility of cutting Buycks and adding a big is there...Maybe an Aldrich or Stiemsma....these aren't huge improvements, just insurance to have some size and energy behind JV. Hayes might still be the more common choice, but at least Casey would have someone big to throw out there instead if he wanted the size.

Comment

• Cole Aldrich resigned with new York. I liked him as well.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                Cole Aldrich resigned with new York. I liked him as well.
                Meh...nothing special. A depth big. Hasn't done anything to suggest he's more than a 3rd stringer, but he does have the size you'd want.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Meh...nothing special. A depth big. Hasn't done anything to suggest he's more than a 3rd stringer, but he does have the size you'd want.
                  Agreed. At this point there really aren't any good back up centers left in free agency. There are like a couple who are better than Hayes but not by much. At this point we would just be signing someone to sign them. For some reason I don't think Masai puts a big premium on getting a backup center. He didn't get one last season when a lot of us felt he should and he hasn't gotten one this season. He got Bebe but we all know he isn't ready yet. Then Casey hates Hansbrough so Hayes is the only one we have.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    Agreed. At this point there really aren't any good back up centers left in free agency. There are like a couple who are better than Hayes but not by much. At this point we would just be signing someone to sign them. For some reason I don't think Masai puts a big premium on getting a backup center. He didn't get one last season when a lot of us felt he should and he hasn't gotten one this season. He got Bebe but we all know he isn't ready yet. Then Casey hates Hansbrough so Hayes is the only one we have.
                    Well there just aren't a lot of good centres out there. There's a fair amount of decent starters, but at the C position, the drop off is pretty big between starters and backups, probably more than at any other position. The only guy I was big on, depending on health, was Okafor. That seems unlikely now, and that's fine.

Comment

Well there just aren't a lot of good centres out there. There's a fair amount of decent starters, but at the C position, the drop off is pretty big between starters and backups, probably more than at any other position. The only guy I was big on, depending on health, was Okafor. That seems unlikely now, and that's fine.
                      Very true. Maybe this is why Masai doesn't really seem to care too much about the backup center.

Comment

• greg stiemsma

Comment

• With Hayes, Amir, Tyler and Nogueira, we are all good. JV will play more minutes than last year and we have Bebe. Last year we had the same guys but without him. So we are all good.

Valanciunas/Hansbrough/Nogueira
                          Johnson/Patterson/Hayes
                          Ross/Johnson/Caboclo
                          DeRozan/Williams/Fields
                          Lowry/Vasquez/?????

Thats how I see it.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            greg stiemsma
                            He's an ok guy to have in the 2nd/3rd string C area with Hayes....Funny fact: Stiemsma is already 28 years old, and just 2 years younger than Hayes.

Comment

He's an ok guy to have in the 2nd/3rd string C area with Hayes....Funny fact: Stiemsma is already 28 years old, and just 2 years younger than Hayes.
                              Well at least he isn't 6'6 like the Chuck Wagon
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                With Hayes, Amir, Tyler and Nogueira, we are all good. JV will play more minutes than last year and we have Bebe. Last year we had the same guys but without him. So we are all good.

Valanciunas/Hansbrough/Nogueira
                                Johnson/Patterson/Hayes
                                Ross/Johnson/Caboclo
                                DeRozan/Williams/Fields
                                Lowry/Vasquez/?????

Thats how I see it.
                                The problem is Bebe isn't ready to contribute right away and Hansbrough will not get any playing time with Casey as the coach. So it's really only Hayes and he's just terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X