Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Raptors the deepest team in the league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I've noticed: whereas BC used to chronically fill-out the end of the bench, and sometimes even the end of the rotation (and, FFS, sometimes THE STARTING LINEUP) with D-Leaguers who'd never once proven themselves as legitimate NBA rotation players, Masai's going the opposite route: an entire roster, up to down, of honest-to-goodness NBA talent. No more of this Jamario Moon-style horseshit. Every player on the roster, apart from the Brazilian rooks and Dwight Buycks, has recently been a useful NBA player. I love it.
    Last edited by JimiCliff; Thu Jul 10, 2014, 10:34 PM.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

No, we are top five though.
      Denver in my eyes, healthy, is the deepest.

PG: Ty Lawson, Nate Robinson
      SG: Afflalo, Randy Foye
      SF: Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Quincy Miller (WOW)
      PF: Kennith Faried, JJ Hickson, Darell Arthur, Jan Vasely (all rotation players)
      C: Javale McGee, Timothy Mozgov

a bench unit of Nate Robinson, Randy Foye, Wilson Chandler, JJ Hickson, Mozgov would destroy our bench.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post

PF: Kennith Faried, JJ Hickson, Darell Arthur, Jan Vasely (all rotation players)

a bench unit of Nate Robinson, Randy Foye, Wilson Chandler, JJ Hickson, Mozgov would destroy our bench.
        Denver is a scary team when healtthy but they only really destroy our bench at the centre and sf spots.

Considering everyone is healthy

Robinson and vasquez cant guard eachother - wash
        Lou williams is a scorer and foye is well foye - slight advantage denver but not by much
        Jj is decent while wilson could be starter material
        Batman over hickson.
        Mozgov over bebe but we dont know too much about bebe yet so its still in the air

We are not that far off from denver and it looks like masai is following the same path here as he was in denver
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          Denver is a scary team when healtthy but they only really destroy our bench at the centre and sf spots.

Considering everyone is healthy

Robinson and vasquez cant guard eachother - wash
          Lou williams is a scorer and foye is well foye - slight advantage denver but not by much
          Jj is decent while wilson could be starter material
          Batman over hickson.
          Mozgov over bebe but we dont know too much about bebe yet so its still in the air

We are not that far off from denver and it looks like masai is following the same path here as he was in denver
          Foye is not slightly better than Lou. Foye is worse.

Mozgov starts, doesn't come off the bench...Will that change if McGee is healthy this year? Don't know, but McGee is...well he's JaVale...he's Shaqtin a fool...hard to call him good at all.

Comment

yah we are getting there, but we cant say we have the best bench mob in the league, even though we have a lot of firepower at 6-7-8.
            Javale is years ahead of Chuck Hayes and Bebe, and he will start. Mozgov will dominate them too.
            JJ Hickson is worse than 2Pat? NOOOO
            Hickson is crazy athletic, can defend the rim, can play both positions, shoot jumpers and attack the rim consistenly

Comment

Amir>Hickson

Free throw percentage at 51% for Hickson? That is where amir beats him out especially to be trusted on the floor during clutch games.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post

You forgot Gary Harris
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

With their deep team in Denver, will they make the play offs and get out of the first round in West

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                    Fields has always, unequivocally, been on the table. Unless you're taking on a worse contract, no one wants him
                    Exactly. Trading Fields means moving a pick or other asset as well, like the Novak trade. Otherwise, we would have to take on a longer term contract. Teams looking for cap space next summer may trade for him if we were willing to take back a player with more years on his contract. I don't see MU doing this, unless it is for a player he thinks he can easily move. Letting Fields expire, and Hayes too, to free up cap space next summer seems ideal if there are plans to chase a decent FA next offseason. MU may not know if he wants to chase someone next offseason yet, it could depend on how the season goes, so I expect he'll hold onto Fields and Hayes and simply let them expire, as opposed to take on longer term salary and ruining the chance to get a player next offseason.

Comment

Fileds is going to play the most expensive minutes in the NBA this season It would be interesting to see how much he will get paid at the end of the season for each minutes that he played.

Comment

The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                        They are 2 or 3 players deep at every position. This gives them a unique advantage in playing hard offensively and defensively EVERY possession. This is a hidden benefit of not having a 'true' superstar who will take plays off during lulls in the game in order to conserve energy. That should NEVER happen on this team.

Casey should maximize this advantage by employing aggressive defensive tactics, playing uptempo when opportunities arise and running a halfcourt offense that utilizes off the ball cuts and screens to tire out defenders. Basically Heat defense, Spurs offense.

The Spurs are probably the only team in the NBA that has more depth than the raps. If Denver is healthy this year they will be on the same level as Toronto. I don't think any other team is close.
                        Nope. I would say that we aren't even all that close. Off the top of my head: clippers, spurs, warriors, Brooklyn. The Cavs will end up being deeper now that LBJ is going there. Indiana is close, Portland is close. I would say we are in the top 30-40% though....I mean it's not like we don't have depth...like say Philly.
                        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                          Nope. I would say that we aren't even all that close. Off the top of my head: clippers, spurs, warriors, Brooklyn. The Cavs will end up being deeper now that LBJ is going there. Indiana is close, Portland is close. I would say we are in the top 30-40% though....I mean it's not like we don't have depth...like say Philly.
                          Do you know what the term "deep" means? Cavs have 0 depth, which they traded away for the capspace for Lebron. They have a great starting lineup of: Irving - Wiggins - Lebron - TT - Varejao, but then what? Dion Waiters - Anthony Bennett - Alonzo Gee?

Brooklyn is even worse! They don't even have a starting SG, let along a backup one. Whose behind JJ at SF? Kirilenko? lol.

Portland? C.J Mcollum, Steve Blake, Dorell Wright, Kaman? Not deep at all.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Its Casey. Could see Fields and Hayes getting ridiculous minutes at the 2,3,4 spots. He only plays veterans on expiring contracts.
                            I have no problem using Landry for defensive purposes.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Do you know what the term "deep" means? Cavs have 0 depth, which they traded away for the capspace for Lebron. They have a great starting lineup of: Irving - Wiggins - Lebron - TT - Varejao, but then what? Dion Waiters - Anthony Bennett - Alonzo Gee?

Brooklyn is even worse! They don't even have a starting SG, let along a backup one. Whose behind JJ at SF? Kirilenko? lol.

Portland? C.J Mcollum, Steve Blake, Dorell Wright, Kaman? Not deep at all.
                              the cavs traded Gee for Brendan haywood on draft night
                              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
                                the cavs traded Gee for Brendan haywood on draft night
                                Right my apologies, still doesn't take away from my point about lack of depth
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X