Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Raptors the deepest team in the league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bebe, Bruno, JJ, Hayes, Fields, and Williams to a lesser extent are all kind of wildcards as of today. The potential is there to be extremely deep though.

Comment

Simple Answer is NO

Comment

The one thing I'm worried about is Terrence Ross. In a team this deep he may lose his place if not given enough opportunity since it's well known that he suffers from confidence issues. It will be hard for Casey to sit Lou if he can regain his old form and light up 2nd teams and JJ if he's a huge sparkplug off the bench.

TRoss this is your time to shine!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          We are incredibly deep to the point where our third unit (Buycks - Fields - Bruno - Hansborugh - Bebe) could stack up against our previous 2nd unit (Roko - Kapono - Graham - Humphries - Voskuhl)
          putting this lineup out there in an NBA game is a crime.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            I like the enthusiasm, but we've yet to see Bruno or Bebe play yet. Man I hope someone comes up with a nickname for Bebe 'cause I don't want hear that all season..
            Lucas "Bebe" Noguiera

Lol Bebe is his nickname man
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
              putting this lineup out there in an NBA game is a crime.
              We did it for an entire season as our BENCH. Oh man, remember when we actually thought those Chris Bosh teams were gonna make the playoffs - eventually?

The fact that some previous 2nd units are comparable to our current 3rd unit is whats interesting!
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I'm a fan of short rotations (e.g. 8-9 guys), so personally, I don't find much benefit to being too deep (unless of course we have major injuries to key guys).

I just hope every player on the roster is made aware of his role, and that he accepts his role. We can't have 15 guys expecting to play 20+ minutes a night, and being a distraction if he doesn't get it. Here's looking at you, James Johnson.
                Casey was on PrimeTime Sports just a little earlier today, and he was saying they will be stressing the whole 'accept your role' attitude to each player. He specifically mentioned JJ, and said he spoke with him a few times before they signed him. I'm more than hopeful he will do it. Casey was saying they need him to play their 'defensive stopper' role.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Casey was on PrimeTime Sports just a little earlier today, and he was saying they will be stressing the whole 'accept your role' attitude to each player. He specifically mentioned JJ, and said he spoke with him a few times before they signed him. I'm more than hopeful he will do it. Casey was saying they need him to play their 'defensive stopper' role.
                  Who will be designated whipping boy?

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    We did it for an entire season as our BENCH. Oh man, remember when we actually thought those Chris Bosh teams were gonna make the playoffs - eventually?

The fact that some previous 2nd units are comparable to our current 3rd unit is whats interesting!
                    I wonder how good this to team could be with Bosh as a starter... probably minus Amir and GV from the bench as it would be hard to afford everyone.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Who will be designated whipping boy?
                      He didn't say lol... but he was saying that Bruno is definitely on the roster, and they will play him a lot in SL and pre-season. He just thinks that he's a year or two away from growing into his body, and being able to play with 24-25 year old guys.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        He didn't say lol... but he was saying that Bruno is definitely on the roster, and they will play him a lot in SL and pre-season. He just thinks that he's a year or two away from growing into his body, and being able to play with 24-25 year old guys.
                        No mention of Bebe. Bruno being a project is expected but Bebe should be in the rotation.

Comment

Bebe is still technically under contract to his spanish club. I don't think he can talk too much about him yet
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

No mention of Bebe. Bruno being a project is expected but Bebe should be in the rotation.
                            No mention that I heard. I got home and was in a rush to listen to the end but I doubt he did. More talk of being a 'team'. Nothing too insightful really, just same old Dwane. I do think they will have everyone buy in again. The East should play out quite differently this year, I just want them to play the same way as last year and they should be fine.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              Bebe is still technically under contract to his spanish club. I don't think he can talk too much about him yet
                              Read today that they are still negotiating. They are probably waiting to be sure he can come over before they start planning around him.

Comment

If this is what you really believe fields can do, James Johnson is a better option...he can shoot a bit more and his defense is just as good; if not, better. This is a sign that Masai is working to find fields a new home

Comment

Working...
                                X