LVSL - RAPTORS vs LAKERS - 6pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Did that really happen, or was it just supposition? I may have missed the confirmation, but it strikes me as odd not one assistant or player knew the correct side either.
    It definitely happened: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2014/...ve-rebounding/
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I wasn't impressed but, if it wasn't for Casey we wouldn't even be in that position in the first place. Casey probably loses more sleep over that possession than any of us. He'll be better his next time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      And this is a way of thinking I just don't understand, because it's impossible to confirm or deny.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        RR hate Casey? I don't think so..

Many fans remember stupid rotations and decisions by Casey.. quick example.. when we played Hawks or Charlotte ( can't remember for sure ), Casey chose not to foul despite 1.5 sec difference between shot and game-clock. Also If my memory serves me right, opponents shot under 60% from FT line.

I believe we respect Casey as much as he deserves.
        Yeah it was charlotte. Most frustrating game of my life, I was yelling at the tv the last 25 seconds to foul. Things like that just make me cringe.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          2 yrs? If Toronto isn't leading the division and a top 4 seed Casey should be on the hot seat. He isnt a playoff coach but a second round should be expected.
          He has two years on his contract with the third a team option is what I meant

Comment

• Oh god, both sides of the Casey debate are crazy. You guys are crazy!

It's like Palestine and Israel, impossible to have a rational conversation because people think they have to oversell to make a point.

Casey is: a good defensive coach who gets his team to buy in while making the occasional tactical mistake (yes, OCCASIONAL).

One side thinks the team's good play can be entirely attributed to the coach and ignores any errors.

The other side actually thinks they know more about coaching and the state of team than a professional of the highest level paid to do so.

Casey makes mistakes, it's true. But to say he has a pattern of questionable rotations is based on on a massive assumption.

If you believe in Masai, yet refuse to buy in to Casey, then you HAVE to believe that Masai is in an infinitely better position to be making decisions on that front. His vouching for Casey should be enough to garner some belief.

Most of what is being said as certainties is based on giant assumptions that people refuse to acknowledge.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I'm willing to give him a clean slate though.

He now has no excuse. The roster is almost tailor made to his desires.

He has 2 years and if he has not adapted and shown more growth, bring on Kevin Ollie!
              I would agree with the 2 years.

What I want to see from him is instill confidence and stability in his lineups. That is one area where he really undermines his own work. He needs to stop hitting the randomizer from game to game with his lineups. Let a group of guys work through it, that will help them get on the same page and it will give them confidence in the system. Throwing out different combo's every game just ruins it.

And if a guy (say like Bruno)...shows massive improvement in practice over the season, introduce him slowly into the game, but consistently....by that I mean give him PT for the last 2 minutes of the first quarter and the first 2 minutes of the second quarter EVERY game for a couple of weeks and see if he is ready....then slowly increase if he is ready...but consistent from game to game.

If (for any player) he does this random (ie not foul trouble, etc) 20 minutes today, 5 minutes tomorrow, 10 minutes the next, 20 minutes crap that he has pulled his entire career...my head will explode.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                Oh god, both sides of the Casey debate are crazy. You guys are crazy!

It's like Palestine and Israel, impossible to have a rational conversation because people think they have to oversell to make a point.

Casey is: a good defensive coach who gets his team to buy in while making the occasional tactical mistake (yes, OCCASIONAL).

One side thinks the team's good play can be entirely attributed to the coach and ignores any errors.

The other side actually thinks they know more about coaching and the state of team than a professional of the highest level paid to do so.

Casey makes mistakes, it's true. But to say he has a pattern of questionable rotations is based on on a massive assumption.

If you believe in Masai, yet refuse to buy in to Casey, then you HAVE to believe that Masai is in an infinitely better position to be making decisions on that front. His vouching for Casey should be enough to garner some belief.

Most of what is being said as certainties is based on giant assumptions that people refuse to acknowledge.
                Amen, Stooley, Amen!

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

What I want to see from him is instill confidence and stability in his lineups. That is one area where he really undermines his own work. He needs to stop hitting the randomizer from game to game with his lineups. Let a group of guys work through it, that will help them get on the same page and it will give them confidence in the system. Throwing out different combo's every game just ruins it.

And if a guy (say like Bruno)...shows massive improvement in practice over the season, introduce him slowly into the game, but consistently....by that I mean give him PT for the last 2 minutes of the first quarter and the first 2 minutes of the second quarter EVERY game for a couple of weeks and see if he is ready....then slowly increase if he is ready...but consistent from game to game.

If (for any player) he does this random (ie not foul trouble, etc) 20 minutes today, 5 minutes tomorrow, 10 minutes the next, 20 minutes crap that he has pulled his entire career...my head will explode.
                  Well then get ready for you're head to explode
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Well then get ready for you're head to explode

Comment

Comment

• that is certainly a lot of exploding heads
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

yeah, what an idiot he is to do what every coach in the league, including Pop, does. He's gotta stop adapting to different matchups & situations every game, listen to RR basketball wiz-kids like you, carve his lineup minutes into his rock, because that's the way to run a pro team. You know it!!!

Comment

• Bebe attacking the rim!

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                              yeah, what an idiot he is to do what every coach in the league, including Pop, does. He's gotta stop adapting to different matchups & situations every game, listen to RR basketball wiz-kids like you, carve his lineup minutes into his rock, because that's the way to run a pro team. You know it!!!
                              Pop does not do what I described. Sorry try again.

I would tend to agree with your adapting to different matchups argument, however Casey is TERRIBLE at this, so try again, again.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                                Dunno.. Salmons is never a good matchup for anyone, yet Casey still choked Ross' minutes for him.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X