Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    You have to listen to it
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh.... I was caught in the same "look for people in the crowd" cycle as Primer.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I wasnt able to watch but you guys have made me very excited after reading everything. I'm knew Bruno was look good. That 2 years away from being 2 years away was always bullshit in my eyes. Masai knows talent. Also I'm glad to hear Bruno looked good defensively and is really good in the pick and roll. The problem is our guards except for Terrence almost never pass it to the big man rolling. It's so frustrating. Hopefully they implement more of that into the offense next season.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        I wasnt able to watch but you guys have made me very excited after reading everything. I'm knew Bruno was look good. That 2 years away from being 2 years away was always bullshit in my eyes. Masai knows talent. Also I'm glad to hear Bruno looked good defensively and is really good in the pick and roll. The problem is our guards except for Terrence almost never pass it to the big man rolling. It's so frustrating. Hopefully they implement more of that into the offense next season.
        Demar showed flashes of dropping it to the big man after he drove and attracted the help. A few flashes, but it was one of the main reasons his Assist numbers climbed this season. I am looking forward to seeing more of that style of playmaking by Demar.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Demar showed flashes of dropping it to the big man after he drove and attracted the help. A few flashes, but it was one of the main reasons his Assist numbers climbed this season. I am looking forward to seeing more of that style of playmaking by Demar.
          He definitely improved his playmaking a lot but I found even in the pick and roll he looked for an open perimeter players around the three point line WAY more than the big man rolling. It was very frustrating to watch because Jonas and Amir's strengths are the pick and roll and they hardly ever get it there. Remember how much Amir used to score in the pick and roll when Jose was here? It's almost non existent now. But Demar is always improving his game so hopefully that's the next thing to improve for him.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
            GLF wrote: View Post
            He definitely improved his playmaking a lot but I found even in the pick and roll he looked for an open perimeter players around the three point line WAY more than the big man rolling. It was very frustrating to watch because Jonas and Amir's strengths are the pick and roll and they hardly ever get it there. Remember how much Amir used to score in the pick and roll when Jose was here? It's almost non existent now. But Demar is always improving his game so hopefully that's the next thing to improve for him.
            I notice what GLF said. DD consistently looked off the roller.

However, Ross showed some very nice flashes of being able to hit the roller. I am more intrigued by what he could bring to the table next season than DD

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              Val was a fouling machine in summer league too, is he overrated?
              On this forum. Yes he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                I notice what GLF said. DD consistently looked off the roller.

However, Ross showed some very nice flashes of being able to hit the roller. I am more intrigued by what he could bring to the table next season than DD
                Exactly. I can't wait for Terrence to have the ball in his hands more. He has shown much more flashes of becoming a good passer than Demar has. Demar definitely passes it to the bigs more now than before but that isn't saying much because his passing was non existent before.

Comment

• I know it's just one summer league game but did Bebe look like someone who can be our backup center right away or would you still look for someone else?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    On this forum. Yes he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Blasphemer.

Comment

I know it's just one summer league game but did Bebe look like someone who can be our backup center right away or would you still look for someone else?
                      I think he could be the backup center this season:
                      - he already sets good picks: a number of times opponents looked like they hit a brick wall
                      - he rolls well, has soft hands, has a good touch around the basket, and hit a mid-range two easily
                      - he will have a ton of turnovers: he tries to pass, and just does dumb ones
                      - his rebounding leaves lots to be desired: tall enough, wants it, but will be bullied out of position
                      - those arms are long enough to disturb people on defense, and will definitely get some blocks
                      - he looks toothpick thin: strength is suspect, but length may partially compensate

I can see him starting with 2-3 minutes a game - so we use Hayes/Amir/Hans as stopgaps - and through practice with the team he can grow into 10 minutes a game. He's definitely worth developing.

He makes me wish we had a young third string PG who was a master of the pick and roll.
                      Last edited by Kuh; Sat Jul 12, 2014, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I know it's just one summer league game but did Bebe look like someone who can be our backup center right away or would you still look for someone else?
                        Definitely not right away, but maybe by mid-season he could be getting 5-8 minutes a game. It would be good for his development. He can play defense though I thought he looked a little slow.

Comment

• Thanks guys. His strength is always what worried me. Mostly when it comes to rebounding because he will get pushed under the basket a lot. I just really dislike Hayes and I would like to see someone take his place. I thought it would be Tyler but Casey clearly hates Tyler so he won't be getting any playing time unless someone gets injured. So silly because Tyler is clearly much better than Hayes.

Comment

Thanks guys. His strength is always what worried me. Mostly when it comes to rebounding because he will get pushed under the basket a lot. I just really dislike Hayes and I would like to see someone take his place. I thought it would be Tyler but Casey clearly hates Tyler so he won't be getting any playing time unless someone gets injured. So silly because Tyler is clearly much better than Hayes.
                            Your wish shall be granted....... in 2015-16.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Your wish shall be granted....... in 2015-16.
                              I can't wait that long lol. But in all honesty watching Hayes miss layup after layup and make us 4 on 5 at all times is so frustrating to watch. Like I don't understand what Casey likes about him so much. He should only be used if we need someone to guard a really good post big man, like Al Jefferson for example.

Comment

I can't wait that long lol. But in all honesty watching Hayes miss layup after layup and make us 4 on 5 at all times is so frustrating to watch. Like I don't understand what Casey likes about him so much. He should only be used if we need someone to guard a really good post big man, like Al Jefferson for example.
                                Hopefully JV starts getting the VET treatment from Casey this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X