Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cavs Talk: Wiggin on the table

Post Thanks / Like

Quote bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    Miami's fucked, but it's all their own fault. They pressured their players into opting out and restructuring their contracts, and now have to figure out a way to make them whole. Not only is Lebron irreplaceable, but there are barely any decent free agents to fill in the gaps.

I'm glad they got screwed, to be honest. Lebron was the best/2nd best player in the league, carried the team all year, and inflated the value of the franchise by at least a couple hundred million dollars. He was grossly underpaid under the current CBA.
    Wade should sign with the Lakers or Knicks if it works under cap. Hell, S&T even.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well at least the 1st seed is totally wide for the taking in the east!! Could the Raptors top the conference?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Opens the door for a Bosh move to TO!!

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Bosh is crying right now.

5. Like LBF liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless Miami offers him max Wade should try to get on a contender and play the sixth man role for 10M/year. Like the Spurs. Or OKC.

He could try to be the second best player on a team like the Lakers, but honestly, he would only be shortening his career on a rebuilding team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    I wonder if Bosh is crying right now.
    Nah, Bosh is relieved that Lebron made his decision about 10 times easier. He's going to move back to his hometown and make way more money on an insanely competitive team. If the Rockets were in the East they would be a shoo-in for the Eastern Conference Finals.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

So where should Wade go? Chicago? Dallas? What other contender still has cap space? A sign and trade of Lance Stephenson to Miami for Wade?

Maybe he stays in Miami, I guess. But it would be a shame to see him waste his last few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Parsons deal a done-deal for the Mavs? Not sure if they can afford Wade.

Chicago would be interesting, but when I think about how hard they play ...

Post Thanks / Like

My prediction is that Lebron's move to Cleveland will result in the following domino effect — Bosh will move west to Houston, Melo will resign with the Knicks. Pacers might lose Lance (the Heat now have the money to throw at him and are desperate) and Nets might lose Pierce to the Clippers.

Meanwhile the Raptors, Bulls and Cavs are laughing their asses off.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Parsons deal a done-deal for the Mavs? Not sure if they can afford Wade.

Chicago would be interesting, but when I think about how hard they play ...
    No, Houston will almost certainly match Parsons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    No, Houston will almost certainly match Parsons.
    Bosh has to sign before they can match, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Sign and trade to the Clippers? Crawford, Dudley, Farmar, Bullock. Maybe add some picks, though I suspect Riley/Heat would accomodate Wade and help him go whereever he wants to go, considering he opted out of that massive contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, Bosh is relieved that Lebron made his decision about 10 times easier. He's going to move back to his hometown and make way more money on an insanely competitive team. If the Rockets were in the East they would be a shoo-in for the Eastern Conference Finals.
    Yeah the Rockets are a legit contender with Bosh added to mix. Bosh just needs to keep doing what he was doing in Miami.

Post Thanks / Like

Bosh has to sign before they can match, correct?
    Yep. They have until Sunday. But they already have a pending deal on Asik with the Pelicans. So they only need to get rid of Lin, Motiejunas and Terrence Jones. I think Jones has a lot of value, they can add picks if necessary. I'm sure they'll get it done. Probably to the 76ers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Yep. They have until Sunday. But they already have a pending deal on Asik with the Pelicans. So they only need to get rid of Lin, Motiejunas and Terrence Jones. I think Jones has a lot of value, they can add picks if necessary. I'm sure they'll get it done. Probably to the 76ers.
    Wow, that's a lot a moving parts. Cuban is probably going to be pissed, he was so close to completely screwing Morey over. But yeah, Wade on the Mavs would be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear god fuck Cleveland if this happens.

Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love is "intrigued" by the idea of being traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers and would commit long term to the team, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The Cavaliers have opened talks by offering guard Dion Waiters, forward Anthony Bennett and a first-round pick to the Timberwolves in exchange for Love, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

Love said during a June 11 appearance on ESPN's "SportsNation "that it "burns me and hurts my heart" that he hasn't made the playoffs in six seasons in the NBA.

But in Cleveland, Love would pair with young point guard Kyrie Irving and four-time MVP LeBron James, who told SI.com on Friday that he is returning to the Cavaliers.

In his last public comments on his future with Timberwolves on June 11, Love stopped short of confirming that he's determined to opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent in 2015.

"My agent is handling everything at this point ... I'm hoping that everything works out for all parties involved," Love said.

The 25-year-old Love, a three-time All-Star and former rebounding champion, averaged 26.1 points and 12.5 rebounds last season.

The Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors discussed a trade involving Love up until the NBA draft on June 26, but a deal didn't materialize.

After it initially appeared the Warriors were prepared to part with shooting guard Klay Thompson in order to land Love, sources told ESPN.com that Hall of Fame consultant Jerry West and new Warriors coach Steve Kerr voiced opposition to surrendering both Thompson and a future first-round pick to the Timberwolves, along with former All-Star forward David Lee, for Love and Wolves guard Kevin Martin.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear god fuck Cleveland if this happens.
    Yeah, that sounds far more reasonable than offering Wiggins. Heck, add Thompson and another couple picks into the deal. Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, multiple picks. It's still good for the Cavs and probably better than anything Minnesota can get.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This years Cleveland team:

Irving
    Wiggins
    Lebron
    Love
    Varajao
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post

Irving
    Wiggins
    Lebron
    Love
    Varajao
    And then fast forward to whenever Wiggins is a free agent:

"I loved my time here in Cleveland, but just like when Lebron came back here, came back home, now I have to go back home. I'm signing with Toronto."

21. Like lilmamba_, MunsMunny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post

Irving
    Wiggins
    Lebron
    Love
    Varajao
    The only thing that can stop them is health and lack of depth.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information