Cavs Talk: Wiggin on the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
    James Dolan did not over pay... Other than Gallinari, 1st rounder, and 2 2nd rounders, what real asset was traded? Honestly getting Love for pretty much Waiters, 2 1st rounders, and 2 2nd rounders is not that unheard of. Getting Bennett (who isnt a bust yet) and a young Thompson is a bonus.
    I think he did overpay in the sense that he didn't have to pay as much. If Dolan stays out of that process, Donnie Walsh probably gets Melo for less.

Comment

• Love- 2 of three - waiters, Bennett , + 2 -1st round picks non Cleveland 1st rounders .
      Love & Martin for Lee, Thompson , Barnes.
      Boston has draft picks and Olynk.

Which is the package minnesota wants.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        LeBron plays better surrounded by shooters. Nobody except Bennett, oddly enough and Waiters fits that profile. Irving is a 14M useless piece now.
        Wiggins is a decent catch and shoot guy too. And Delle is a knock-down shooter.

I really hope they get rid of Kyrie, I think he would kill that team, Rudy Gay style.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

I really hope they get rid of Kyrie, I think he would kill that team, Rudy Gay style.
          Well, Lebron said he'll help Kyrie to become best point guard in the league.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

No way Kyrie rolls out playing like Gay with LBJ there. I won't believe until I see it.

Comment

• Kyrie is one of the most talented shooters in the league. He's smart, he has good size for a point guard. You have to wait a year or two and see how it works.

If they move him, it better be for a legit healthy superstar. And while Kevin Love fits that profile, I think they can get Love for less.

There's no reason why Kyrie can't develop. Physically, he can be a solid defender. Skill wise he can be a fantastic off the ball player. It just didn't happen so far. They tried to put him off the ball more than usual this year, and it backfired. He hasn't looked well off the ball.

It's part mental, part bad habbits from being allowed to do anything he wanted in his first 2 years. The good news is that there's a new leader in town, the culture will have to change, and maybe it will help, maybe it won't, but there's no reason not to look and see.

Comment

• http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/9...eir-next-moves

Comment

• Hahaha nice one!

Comment

• Yeah, I'm totally not high on Kyrie, said it plenty of times here. But if anyone can get the best out of him it will be LeBron. Kyrie actually has a beautiful shot, so he could potentially mesh well with LeBron as well as give them another guy that can create his own shot. He still has time to figure it out, that's kind of why I never completely wrote him off despite insisting he was the most overrated player in the league. He's a smart kid, LeBron will sort him out I think.
                    I do think his hype will skyrocket even higher now, as WhiteMencan'tJump said above, and that will piss me off!
                    Last edited by BigCamB; Mon Jul 14, 2014, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• Cavs looking like they will pay a Wiggins to get some Love

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=457413

This might work out for the Cavs for the two years that Lebron will have them chasing a Championship. Love will give them guaranteed rebounding and 3pt shooting, though the PF defense might have holes in it, Kyrie is always productive at PG. So the Cavs will have a sure Big 3 on their team, with decent role players on the bench. For the price of a potential Scottie Pippen-esque HoF player, does the price seem a bit steep for the Cavs if they pull this trade off?

As a Raps fan, here is what I am hoping: If Wiggins is in Minnesota and if Glenn Taylor's ownership and choice of management (Babcock still works for them right?) of incompetence still screws the team and forces Wiggins to move out, this can give the Raps a shot of needing to just sign Wiggins when his FA hits (2018?).

What do you think of this if it really happens?

Comment

• Do you really think Wiggins will hit FA in '18? How?

Comment

• whether Wiggins stays in Cleveland or gets traded to Minny he's coming to Toronto as a UFA...but thats likely not gonna be till like 2021, I just hope he lives up to the hype & becomes the next generational star...no better mentor for him than the current generational star he's gonna be playing with if he's not traded...

Comment

• I think it makes it more likely he may try to force a way out of Minnesota than most other markets in the league. 2018 might be early. With Wiggins it's not about adding him to this team. By the time we could get him, our team would probably look pretty different.

Comment

• Playing with LBJ and a good coach in Blatt is ideal for the development of Wiggins where he will be expected to be a role player as a rookie on a good team. Going to Minnesota could be a disaster for Wiggins as the pressure to live up to the status as a number one pick would be more evident plus teams will key on him as the Twolves without Love have fewer scoring options.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                                Playing with LBJ and a good coach in Blatt is ideal for the development of Wiggins where he will be expected to be a role player as a rookie on a good team. Going to Minnesota could be a disaster for Wiggins as the pressure to live up to the status as a number one pick would be more evident plus teams will key on him as the Twolves without Love have fewer scoring options.
                                I've personally played basketball with Andrew wiggins multiple times in high school and I honestly don't think he will have problem living up to his expectations.

My hopes are that he gets traded to Minnesota and get 2 times more minutes than he would have gotten in cleveland
                                and come back to Toronto as soon as his contract is done

Comment

Working...
                                X