Cavs Talk: Wiggin on the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACK11 wrote: View Post
    if im Minny Im gonna hang up the phone if you dont offer me wiggins in every package
    They'll break down eventually. Lebron even said in his statement: we won't be winning over night. Cleveland will wait a year for Love if they have to; they won't be trading Wiggins.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

if im Minny Im gonna hang up the phone if you dont offer me wiggins in every package
      You can try to ask, but if you hang up the phone and don't even entertain that offer, then you'll likely lose your job (you as in their GM).

I doubt anyone would offer more. Waiters, Bennett, Thompson, picks. Heck, the Cavs can even offer Miami's 2017 unprotected pick, which might be a fantastic pick.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Fine, but prepare to get NOTHING when Love leaves you next offseason anyways. Minnesota has no leverage here.
        I can go look for other offer you know...
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

They can go look, but history doesn't give me much optimism in this case. Love isn't the first superstar traded over the last few years, there were similar caliber or even bigger stars who were moved. Dwight, CP3, Melo, DWill, I might be forgetting someone else. None of those teams got an asset the caliber of Wiggins in return. An offer of Waiters, Bennett, Thompson, picks would be very competitive with all those deals.
          Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Jul 11, 2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

NBA Legion @MySportsLegion · 31m
            Heat band-wagoners are officially leaving...the Heat twitter account has lost nearly 300,000 followers since LeBron's announcement

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Comment

Well Jerry West nixed the Klay Thompson trade, now they are only offering Barnes/Lee for Klove.

In fact, I think the Raptors can offer the best package for Klove, but would we want to trade Derozan/Amir?

The truth is, Waiters + Bennett + Thompson + 1st round pick is a highly competitive deal in this market, and you are not going to find someone at Wiggins caliber to take back from any of the other Teams

EDIT: The 1st rounder would be from the HEAT btw, meaning its likely in the lottery!
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Hey Pat!

Comment

NBA Legion @MySportsLegion · 31m
                  Heat band-wagoners are officially leaving...the Heat twitter account has lost nearly 300,000 followers since LeBron's announcement

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
                  Man, I love the internet sometimes. We now have a measurement for flakiness.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Dion Waiters + Bennet + Tristan Thompson + 1st round pick

EDIT: Love clearly wants out, so Minnesota has ZERO leverage.
                    Clearly Love can't get paid and play for Cleveland without the T Wolves playing facilitators. They can play hard ball and win.

Love launches the Cavs over the top without Wiggins in the mix. That's all Cleveland should be caring about. There will be other suitors to Love, therefore other teams competing to entice Minny to play ball. It's not just about Love going where he wants to go if big money is also a want of his.

Comment

How many years until the Heat can compete again? Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 5, not 6, not 7....

Comment

Hey Pat!

Damn. LMAO. You're the GIF master.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

1 year depending on whether Riley can perform a reasonable encore.

I don't think that brings them back to the same level though.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Clearly Love can't get paid and play for Cleveland without the T Wolves play facilitators. They can play hard ball and win.
                            If you're minnesota, would you play hardball and risk losing Love for nothing if he calls your bluff and goes for Free Agency? I mean there is zero chance he sticks around in minnesota, and if they don't want to help him (and help themselves) he would swallow the pill and go to a team that can afford him (Toronto Raptors?).

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              Damn. LMAO. You're the GIF master.
                              Its called Reddit + Twitter.

Comment

How do they lose him for nothing? The guys wants his payday and Cleveland wants to win rings. Wiggins is nice to keep but if it rocks the boat to try and hang on to him what do you think they do? Tell Love to take a small deal while NYC and LA are on the other line?

BALLS are required to play basketball. On the court and in the head office.

Comment

Working...
                                X