View Poll Results: Would you give up DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 65.96%
  • No

16 34.04%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical: Would you trade DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hypothetical: Would you trade DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

I'm not trolling. Below tweet got me thinking:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On Flip Saunders&#39; to-do list: weigh if Wiggins/Bennett is a better deal for KLove than HBarnes/DLee. Keep in mind: he wants to compete now.</p>&mdash; Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) <a href="https://twitter.com/RicBucher/statuses/487653109951258624">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think DeRozan/Amir is likely to lead to as many wins as Barnes/Lee or Wiggins/Bennett.

Would you give up DD/Amir for Wiggins/Bennett?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

No.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I would trade DD + Amir for Wiggins and Bennett. I think Wiggins will become a better all around player than Demar while Bennett has better knee than Amir at this point and will become a solid role player

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe for Klove? But not for Wiggins. There is no guarantee Wiggins becomes better than Derozan. Where as Kevin Love is 25, is the craziest rebounder in the league, and is supremely skilled in every facet of the game.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. In a heartbeat.

But it'd never happen, and I'm good with that, too.

6. Like MunsMunny, Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd do it.. Raps would save $7.5M (about $16.5M outgoing, $9M incoming).. Would have two players that could be had for 7 years and 6 years respectively as opposed to 2 years and 1 year respectively. The team wouldn't be as good this year but it's not like we are competing for a championship.

No guarantee that Wiggins will be better than DeRozan.. but with the additional cap space, could get a decent player to help with the offensive load.

8. Like phdmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. And I would be willing to throw in a first round pick.

10. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter whether any of us would or not. Masai wouldn't, unless he's willing to toss everything he has said about culture and commitment out with the trash. Before anyone started giving Lowry the title of soul of the team, DD and Amir were the soul and dedication that helped turn Lowry around. Those 3 are the heart and soul of the team now, and KL just committed to what MU is doing, which is NOT unloading his 2 pals, for a couple of green kids, right after signing him. Silliness.

12. Like Kuh liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wiggins would probably get a max, and Bennett could probably get DeRozan money in the open market and then some, so I don't know. But it wouldn't even make sense unless we're rebuilding.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

yep
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

No. The present would be brutal. The Raps were 3rd in the East. Miami is done. Pacers are suspect. Why would you make that move now?

If I did make an offer, in a vacuum, I would offer T Ross and a draft pick for Wiggins. That's the max that I would give up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Wiggins would probably get a max, and Bennett could probably get DeRozan money in the open market and then some, so I don't know. But it wouldn't even make sense unless we're rebuilding.

Bennett.... getting paid 10 mil.....? What in the world are you smoking? He was literally the worst rookie last year. Yes he has potential to do better, but he hasn't shown even a glimpse of that yet.

EDIT:

Post Thanks / Like

Side note: Gilbert ought to be receptive to a Raptors phone call today. He knows what it means to have a hometown hero on the team. If we can offer him a better package than others (and I think we can), than I can see him pulling the trigger.

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Bennett.... getting paid 10 mil.....? What in the world are you smoking? He was literally the worst rookie last year. Yes he has potential to do better, but he hasn't shown even a glimpse of that yet.
    I don't smoke. K I lied.

But I meant potentially, should have stated that.

I expect him to have a good season this year after getting in the best shape he's been all his life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Garbo wrote: View Post
    Side note: Gilbert ought to be receptive to a Raptors phone call today. He knows what it means to have a hometown hero on the team. If we can offer him a better package than others (and I think we can), than I can see him pulling the trigger.
    OMG... wait a second... what are the Cavs missing? A CENTER. Could Val come up in these conversations?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    OMG... wait a second... what are the Cavs missing? A CENTER. Could Val come up in these conversations?
    I put out a trade proposal earlier but it didn't go over too well. I think an offer of Derozan / Val / TRoss for Wiggins / Bennett / Verajao actually makes a lot of sense for Cleveland. It also frees up cap space to make an offer to Kevin Love. We'll save our cap space to make an offer to Durant later.

You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.

Post Thanks / Like

I put out a trade proposal earlier but it didn't go over too well. I think an offer of Derozan / Val / TRoss for Wiggins / Bennett / Verajao actually makes a lot of sense for Cleveland. It also frees up cap space to make an offer to Kevin Love. We'll save our cap space to make an offer to Durant later.

You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.
    yeaa... stop talking and take some time to reflect on your mistakes

22. Like blackjitsu liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No.

Post Thanks / Like

Haters gonna hate.

I'm assuming you're suggesting that the Raptors lose this trade, and I don't necessarily disagree with you. In a good trade both parties are better off. If Wiggins is on this team, I personally think that's a win.

Post Thanks / Like

Haters gonna hate.

I'm assuming you're suggesting that the Raptors lose this trade, and I don't necessarily disagree with you. In a good trade both parties are better off. If Wiggins is on this team, I personally think that's a win.
    I don't assume that Wiggins is a guaranteed Allstar, whereas Derozan is already one. I hate soaking in hype, because its likely going to be a disappointment. And that goes with Wiggins hype.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information