View Poll Results: Would you give up DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 65.96%
  • No

16 34.04%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical: Would you trade DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

DD haters need to relax. It seems like Wiggins will be used to get Love to Cleveland after all

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Oops..I was focused on the Bucher tweet. Thks.
    I made a similar mistake.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

*DanH: appreciated if you can correct anything above that is incorrect*
    we need a dan appreciation day. we are spoiled with him here. he is the magic 8 ball for all basketball related queries
    For The Win

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Are u willing to trade Amir for Bennett and a 2 future 2nd round pick ??

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Make 3rd year player option.

My whole theory is getting to raps ASAP.

Signing QO seems unrealistic.

Therefore 6 years with 4 year rookie deal plus minimum 2 year offer sheet.
    The minimum year requirement does not include option years. So you have to offer three years with no options. Any years after that can have options in them. I understand the goal. But if the other team offers a max QO, then any offer sheet MUST have three non-option years at least.

Post Thanks / Like

Something else to remember on the Wiggins front.

Even if he becomes worthy of a max contract, Cleveland will not be able to give him the 5 year extension.

A team can only have one 5 year rookie extension on their roster at any one time and the Cavs have used that on Irving.

*DanH: appreciated if you can correct anything above that is incorrect*
    Agreed. No 5 year extension for him. But they could let him go to free agency and sign him to a 5 year contract. And if he didn't want to stay there, he wouldn't sign an extension anyway. If he did want to stay, there's no risk of him taking a short contract or the QO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    DD haters need to relax. It seems like Wiggins will be used to get Love to Cleveland after all
    For what it's worth, I don't think being willing to trade Demar for Wiggins constitutes a hater.. I love Demar, and there is a small list of players I would ever consider trading him for. Wiggins is on that list.

8. Like Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    The minimum year requirement does not include option years. So you have to offer three years with no options. Any years after that can have options in them. I understand the goal. But if the other team offers a max QO, then any offer sheet MUST have three non-option years at least.
    When a restricted free agent wants to sign with another team, the player and team sign an offer sheet, the principal terms of which the original team is given three days to match. The offer sheet must be for at least two seasons (not including option years). If the player's prior team also submitted a maximum qualifying offer, then the offer sheet must be for at least three seasons (not including option years). If the player's original team exercises its right of first refusal within three days, the player is then under contract to his original team, at the principal terms of the offer sheet (but not the non-principal terms). If the player's original team does not exercise its right of first refusal within three days (or provides written notice that it is declining its right of first refusal), the offer sheet becomes an official contract with the new team.
    I really need to read beyond the 2nd sentence lol
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Agreed. No 5 year extension for him. But they could let him go to free agency and sign him to a 5 year contract. And if he didn't want to stay there, he wouldn't sign an extension anyway. If he did want to stay, there's no risk of him taking a short contract or the QO.
    The whole premise, which I hope people have realized is 100% speculation on my part, is him wanting to become a Raptor.

Signing the qualifying offer after year 4 leaves too much money on the table to be realistic.

The Cavs might not agree to a 3 year deal with player options after hence the offer sheet.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trolling. Below tweet got me thinking:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On Flip Saunders' to-do list: weigh if Wiggins/Bennett is a better deal for KLove than HBarnes/DLee. Keep in mind: he wants to compete now.</p>— Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) <a href="https://twitter.com/RicBucher/statuses/487653109951258624">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think DeRozan/Amir is likely to lead to as many wins as Barnes/Lee or Wiggins/Bennett.

Would you give up DD/Amir for Wiggins/Bennett?
    In a heartbeat. Heck, with Amir's ankles, I'd do DD/Amir for just Wiggins. No disrespect to both players.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ross and Wiggins would compliment each other very well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

13. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/qKYhL1pwy-/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

I'm wondering what the response would be if the player involved is Jonas. Jonas for Wiggins straight up?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    In a heartbeat. Heck, with Amir's ankles, I'd do DD/Amir for just Wiggins. No disrespect to both players.
    You are undervaluing demar. Just wiggins will not cut it. masai will be all over the first trade though.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Three way deal,
    Kevin Love TO Cleveland
    Cleveland sends Bennett and 1 First Round Picks to Minnesota
    DD and Amir Johnson is sent to Minnesota with a first round pick ( 2016)
    Wiggins and Tristan Thompson is sent to Toronto

Minnesota receives Bennett, DD and Amir and 2 -1st round picks
    Cleveland receives Love
    Toronto receives Wiggins and Thompson

Dont know how happy KL will be, but the Raptors when have TRoss at the SG, Wiggins at the SF, P Pat/Thompson at the PF and JV at the 5. and about 6.5 million under the luxury tax.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Three way deal,
    Kevin Love TO Cleveland

Cleveland receives Love

Dont know how happy KL will be, but the Raptors when have TRoss at the SG, Wiggins at the SF, P Pat/Thompson at the PF and JV at the 5. and about 6.5 million under the luxury tax.
    That seems realistic. I'm so torn about it though, but it does look really good.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote chico wrote: View Post
    It doesn't matter whether any of us would or not. Masai wouldn't, unless he's willing to toss everything he has said about culture and commitment out with the trash. Before anyone started giving Lowry the title of soul of the team, DD and Amir were the soul and dedication that helped turn Lowry around. Those 3 are the heart and soul of the team now, and KL just committed to what MU is doing, which is NOT unloading his 2 pals, for a couple of green kids, right after signing him. Silliness.
    After seeing more than 2/3rds of people would do this deal, had to repeat my basic point, with an addendum.

So many are all over managing this team like a fantasy game, even if it means that the GM that everyone idolizes destroys his rep around the entire league as a man with integrity and honour with players, to say nothing of turning everything he has spoke of, in terms of building long term culture, into nothing but BS lip service. Yup, watch them future FAs come running to Toronto!!

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously this trade has to exist in a bubble, and would never happen now after all that has transpired over the last six months. You cannot stop a giant battleship on a dime; its momentum is so great the order has to be given miles in advance. It would scuttle the goodwill created by the rebrand and the apparently huge amount of new season ticket sales. It would render the re-signing of Patterson and Vasquez as foolish uses of money. And we wouldn't trade Lowry's "brother" after signing Lowry to a four-year deal because it would be in totally bad faith.

That said, if this was a fantasy scenario.... Yes, of course I would make this trade. Amir and DD have 3 years left in total under control of the team; Wiggins/Bennett have potentially 16 (9 for Wiggins assuming the 5yr extension and 7 for Bennett given he's already played a year).

Wiggins is a natural. He's got that creative part of the game you just can't teach. I doubt he has the work ethic of Demar (very few do), but even with that narrowing the gap of what they will achieve in this league, I think he still comes out ahead over the long term.

I also think dreaming of Wiggins coming home after six years is just a fantasy. Kyrie Irving has been one of the most disgruntled rookie contracts of recent years and even he signed his max. No point in torturing ourselves for the next several months and years. If Wiggins ends up here somehow, great, but at this point we probably need to accept that the dream is over and cheer for him in whatever jersey he's got on.

20. Like Mapko liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Amir for Thompson + 2 2nd round picks.

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No...Demar Stays,period.
    His got my respect and finally raptors have respect from the league,bc of Demar.
    We finally have competitive team and now ure suggesting 2 go backwards with this trade.
    Everyone don't worry,Wiggins will come home, just give him time...just look what happen with the Cavs, Lebron is back home.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Three way deal,
    Kevin Love TO Cleveland

Cleveland receives Love

If other Cleveland accepted, I would do this deal in a heatbeat.

But that's a very high offer for Love, if the next best offer is David Fucking Lee and Harrison Stinky Barnes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information