View Poll Results: Would you give up DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 65.96%
  • No

16 34.04%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hypothetical: Would you trade DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the most likely three team trade scenario is as follows:

CLE gets Love
    MIN gets DD and Amir + picks
    TOR gets Wiggins, Thompson and Kevin Martin

Here, Cleveland gets Love. Minny gets rid of Martins salary, a few picks to build for the future or trade as valuable assets in the draft picks, while staying competitive in the short-term by receiving an all star upgrade at the 2 and a veteran pf with a defensive acumen and enough shooting to play beside Pekovic. Finally, Toronto gets it Canadian content without leaving an onerous roster holes to fill in the near-term. Even though we wouldn't have any glaring holes and would still probably make the playoffs in the East, I think that such a trade would signal a rebuild for the Raps, whereby Masai pulls a Nene/Afflalo move and trades Lowry by the trade deadline (possibly Vasquez and Patterson as well, depending on the available options).

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abused Raptors Fan wrote: View Post
    I think the most likely three team trade scenario is as follows:

CLE gets Love
    MIN gets DD and Amir + picks
    TOR gets Wiggins, Thompson and Kevin Martin

Here, Cleveland gets Love. Minny gets rid of Martins salary, a few picks to build for the future or trade as valuable assets in the draft picks, while staying competitive in the short-term by receiving an all star upgrade at the 2 and a veteran pf with a defensive acumen and enough shooting to play beside Pekovic. Finally, Toronto gets it Canadian content without leaving an onerous roster holes to fill in the near-term. Even though we wouldn't have any glaring holes and would still probably make the playoffs in the East, I think that such a trade would signal a rebuild for the Raps, whereby Masai pulls a Nene/Afflalo move and trades Lowry by the trade deadline (possibly Vasquez and Patterson as well, depending on the available options).
    I think that's fair return for Love (a bit similar to what Orlando got for Dwight -- Afflalo, Vucevic, Harkless, picks). But I just can't get over the idea that Cleveland might trade Wiggins, what a waste. No one is offering anything good, and they give up their best asset. Oh well.

By the way, does Minnesota really wants to get rid of Martin's salary in this case? Martin is not a bad contract. And he would still be their 2nd best wing player after this trade. If they want to win now, they should keep him.
    Maybe they'd want to get rid of Chase Budinger's contract, though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information