Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical: Would you trade DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD haters need to relax. It seems like Wiggins will be used to get Love to Cleveland after all

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Oops..I was focused on the Bucher tweet. Thks.
      I made a similar mistake.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

*DanH: appreciated if you can correct anything above that is incorrect*
        we need a dan appreciation day. we are spoiled with him here. he is the magic 8 ball for all basketball related queries

Comment

Are u willing to trade Amir for Bennett and a 2 future 2nd round pick ??

Comment

Make 3rd year player option.

My whole theory is getting to raps ASAP.

Signing QO seems unrealistic.

Therefore 6 years with 4 year rookie deal plus minimum 2 year offer sheet.
            The minimum year requirement does not include option years. So you have to offer three years with no options. Any years after that can have options in them. I understand the goal. But if the other team offers a max QO, then any offer sheet MUST have three non-option years at least.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Something else to remember on the Wiggins front.

Even if he becomes worthy of a max contract, Cleveland will not be able to give him the 5 year extension.

A team can only have one 5 year rookie extension on their roster at any one time and the Cavs have used that on Irving.

*DanH: appreciated if you can correct anything above that is incorrect*
              Agreed. No 5 year extension for him. But they could let him go to free agency and sign him to a 5 year contract. And if he didn't want to stay there, he wouldn't sign an extension anyway. If he did want to stay, there's no risk of him taking a short contract or the QO.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                DD haters need to relax. It seems like Wiggins will be used to get Love to Cleveland after all
                For what it's worth, I don't think being willing to trade Demar for Wiggins constitutes a hater.. I love Demar, and there is a small list of players I would ever consider trading him for. Wiggins is on that list.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  The minimum year requirement does not include option years. So you have to offer three years with no options. Any years after that can have options in them. I understand the goal. But if the other team offers a max QO, then any offer sheet MUST have three non-option years at least.
                  When a restricted free agent wants to sign with another team, the player and team sign an offer sheet, the principal terms of which the original team is given three days to match. The offer sheet must be for at least two seasons (not including option years). If the player's prior team also submitted a maximum qualifying offer, then the offer sheet must be for at least three seasons (not including option years). If the player's original team exercises its right of first refusal within three days, the player is then under contract to his original team, at the principal terms of the offer sheet (but not the non-principal terms). If the player's original team does not exercise its right of first refusal within three days (or provides written notice that it is declining its right of first refusal), the offer sheet becomes an official contract with the new team.
                  I really need to read beyond the 2nd sentence lol

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Agreed. No 5 year extension for him. But they could let him go to free agency and sign him to a 5 year contract. And if he didn't want to stay there, he wouldn't sign an extension anyway. If he did want to stay, there's no risk of him taking a short contract or the QO.
                    The whole premise, which I hope people have realized is 100% speculation on my part, is him wanting to become a Raptor.

Signing the qualifying offer after year 4 leaves too much money on the table to be realistic.

The Cavs might not agree to a 3 year deal with player options after hence the offer sheet.

Comment

I'm not trolling. Below tweet got me thinking:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On Flip Saunders' to-do list: weigh if Wiggins/Bennett is a better deal for KLove than HBarnes/DLee. Keep in mind: he wants to compete now.</p>— Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) <a href="https://twitter.com/RicBucher/statuses/487653109951258624">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think DeRozan/Amir is likely to lead to as many wins as Barnes/Lee or Wiggins/Bennett.

Would you give up DD/Amir for Wiggins/Bennett?
                      In a heartbeat. Heck, with Amir's ankles, I'd do DD/Amir for just Wiggins. No disrespect to both players.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I think Ross and Wiggins would compliment each other very well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/qKYhL1pwy-/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

I'm wondering what the response would be if the player involved is Jonas. Jonas for Wiggins straight up?
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            In a heartbeat. Heck, with Amir's ankles, I'd do DD/Amir for just Wiggins. No disrespect to both players.
                            You are undervaluing demar. Just wiggins will not cut it. masai will be all over the first trade though.

Comment

Three way deal,
                              Kevin Love TO Cleveland
                              Cleveland sends Bennett and 1 First Round Picks to Minnesota
                              DD and Amir Johnson is sent to Minnesota with a first round pick ( 2016)
                              Wiggins and Tristan Thompson is sent to Toronto

Minnesota receives Bennett, DD and Amir and 2 -1st round picks
                              Cleveland receives Love
                              Toronto receives Wiggins and Thompson

Dont know how happy KL will be, but the Raptors when have TRoss at the SG, Wiggins at the SF, P Pat/Thompson at the PF and JV at the 5. and about 6.5 million under the luxury tax.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                                Three way deal,
                                Kevin Love TO Cleveland
                                Cleveland sends Bennett and 1 First Round Picks to Minnesota
                                DD and Amir Johnson is sent to Minnesota with a first round pick ( 2016)
                                Wiggins and Tristan Thompson is sent to Toronto

Minnesota receives Bennett, DD and Amir and 2 -1st round picks
                                Cleveland receives Love
                                Toronto receives Wiggins and Thompson

Dont know how happy KL will be, but the Raptors when have TRoss at the SG, Wiggins at the SF, P Pat/Thompson at the PF and JV at the 5. and about 6.5 million under the luxury tax.
                                That seems realistic. I'm so torn about it though, but it does look really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X