Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical: Would you trade DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical: Would you trade DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

I'm not trolling. Below tweet got me thinking:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On Flip Saunders&#39; to-do list: weigh if Wiggins/Bennett is a better deal for KLove than HBarnes/DLee. Keep in mind: he wants to compete now.</p>&mdash; Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) <a href="https://twitter.com/RicBucher/statuses/487653109951258624">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think DeRozan/Amir is likely to lead to as many wins as Barnes/Lee or Wiggins/Bennett.

Would you give up DD/Amir for Wiggins/Bennett?
    Yes
    65.96%
    No
    34.04%

No.

Comment

Yes, I would trade DD + Amir for Wiggins and Bennett. I think Wiggins will become a better all around player than Demar while Bennett has better knee than Amir at this point and will become a solid role player

Comment

Maybe for Klove? But not for Wiggins. There is no guarantee Wiggins becomes better than Derozan. Where as Kevin Love is 25, is the craziest rebounder in the league, and is supremely skilled in every facet of the game.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Yes. In a heartbeat.

But it'd never happen, and I'm good with that, too.

Comment

I'd do it.. Raps would save $7.5M (about $16.5M outgoing, $9M incoming).. Would have two players that could be had for 7 years and 6 years respectively as opposed to 2 years and 1 year respectively. The team wouldn't be as good this year but it's not like we are competing for a championship.

No guarantee that Wiggins will be better than DeRozan.. but with the additional cap space, could get a decent player to help with the offensive load.

Comment

Absolutely. And I would be willing to throw in a first round pick.

Comment

It doesn't matter whether any of us would or not. Masai wouldn't, unless he's willing to toss everything he has said about culture and commitment out with the trash. Before anyone started giving Lowry the title of soul of the team, DD and Amir were the soul and dedication that helped turn Lowry around. Those 3 are the heart and soul of the team now, and KL just committed to what MU is doing, which is NOT unloading his 2 pals, for a couple of green kids, right after signing him. Silliness.

Comment

Wiggins would probably get a max, and Bennett could probably get DeRozan money in the open market and then some, so I don't know. But it wouldn't even make sense unless we're rebuilding.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

yep
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

No. The present would be brutal. The Raps were 3rd in the East. Miami is done. Pacers are suspect. Why would you make that move now?

If I did make an offer, in a vacuum, I would offer T Ross and a draft pick for Wiggins. That's the max that I would give up.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                        Wiggins would probably get a max, and Bennett could probably get DeRozan money in the open market and then some, so I don't know. But it wouldn't even make sense unless we're rebuilding.

Bennett.... getting paid 10 mil.....? What in the world are you smoking? He was literally the worst rookie last year. Yes he has potential to do better, but he hasn't shown even a glimpse of that yet.

EDIT:

Comment

Side note: Gilbert ought to be receptive to a Raptors phone call today. He knows what it means to have a hometown hero on the team. If we can offer him a better package than others (and I think we can), than I can see him pulling the trigger.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Bennett.... getting paid 10 mil.....? What in the world are you smoking? He was literally the worst rookie last year. Yes he has potential to do better, but he hasn't shown even a glimpse of that yet.
                            I don't smoke. K I lied.

But I meant potentially, should have stated that.

I expect him to have a good season this year after getting in the best shape he's been all his life.

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
                              Side note: Gilbert ought to be receptive to a Raptors phone call today. He knows what it means to have a hometown hero on the team. If we can offer him a better package than others (and I think we can), than I can see him pulling the trigger.
                              OMG... wait a second... what are the Cavs missing? A CENTER. Could Val come up in these conversations?

Comment

Working...
                              X