Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical: Would you trade DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    OMG... wait a second... what are the Cavs missing? A CENTER. Could Val come up in these conversations?
    I put out a trade proposal earlier but it didn't go over too well. I think an offer of Derozan / Val / TRoss for Wiggins / Bennett / Verajao actually makes a lot of sense for Cleveland. It also frees up cap space to make an offer to Kevin Love. We'll save our cap space to make an offer to Durant later.

You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
      I put out a trade proposal earlier but it didn't go over too well. I think an offer of Derozan / Val / TRoss for Wiggins / Bennett / Verajao actually makes a lot of sense for Cleveland. It also frees up cap space to make an offer to Kevin Love. We'll save our cap space to make an offer to Durant later.

yeaa... stop talking and take some time to reflect on your mistakes
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

No.

Comment

Haters gonna hate.

I'm assuming you're suggesting that the Raptors lose this trade, and I don't necessarily disagree with you. In a good trade both parties are better off. If Wiggins is on this team, I personally think that's a win.

Comment

Haters gonna hate.

I'm assuming you're suggesting that the Raptors lose this trade, and I don't necessarily disagree with you. In a good trade both parties are better off. If Wiggins is on this team, I personally think that's a win.
            I don't assume that Wiggins is a guaranteed Allstar, whereas Derozan is already one. I hate soaking in hype, because its likely going to be a disappointment. And that goes with Wiggins hype.

Comment

Pretty sure you're the only one that would trade the core of a 3rd place team to be LAST!

Pretty sure enlightenment was saying Val for Wiggins straight. NOT whatever this is supposed to be.
              Bennett has done nothing! Anderson is a walking injury! No. Thank. You.

Comment

Fair enough. Again, I don't disagree with you.
                I will say, assuming that Derozan is going to be in Toronto long term is just as dangerous as assuming Wiggins is going to be an allstar. When Derozan is free to make his choice, and LA is calling... Well, I'm going to be wishing that I hadn't valued him so highly when the most exciting Canadian basketball player was on the market.

Comment

Fair enough. Again, I don't disagree with you.
                  I will say, assuming that Derozan is going to be in Toronto long term is just as dangerous as assuming Wiggins is going to be an allstar. When Derozan is free to make his choice, and LA is calling... Well, I'm going to be wishing that I hadn't valued him so highly when the most exciting Canadian basketball player was on the market.
                  And dude, you added the BALTIC BEAST in that trade...? Allstar + Future Allstar + Terrence Ross for Wiggins? come on man..

Comment

Who would be interested in a Val for Wiggins swap?

Comment

Tough call. I don't think I would. I don't think Cleveland would either. I don't think they move wiggins unless they get a Love type player. I don't see the point of having Demar next to LBJ and Irving honestly. I think they would be better off with Wiggins as a defender than Demar as a scorer.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Who would be interested in a Val for Wiggins swap?
                        Not me. Not yet anyways.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          Tough call. I don't think I would. I don't think Cleveland would either. I don't think they move wiggins unless they get a Love type player. I don't see the point of having Demar next to LBJ and Irving honestly. I think they would be better off with Wiggins as a defender than Demar as a scorer.
                          The idea would be to ship Amir and DD to Minnesota, Love to Cleveland, and Wiggins/Bennet to Toronto. DD would be on Minny not Cleveland.

Comment

I know. It's madness. I LOVE JV! But, I think that's what it would cost, and I would pay it up. I'm having second thoughts about including Ross, and would rather package a first rounder instead. But I'll still stand by that trade.

Verajao / Hayes / Bebe
                            Amir / Patterson
                            Wiggins / Johnson / KD Brazil
                            Ross / Lou / Fields
                            Lowry / Greasy

Yeah, I can live with that. An upgrade at center can be made, but that core is set to grow for a good long time together. Demar could be gone in two years.

All your points are good. I'd still do it.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              The idea would be to ship Amir and DD to Minnesota, Love to Cleveland, and Wiggins/Bennet to Toronto. DD would be on Minny not Cleveland.
                              I would do that in a heartbeat, though I would be asking for more if I'm Minnesota

Comment

Ouff right in the feels.
                                I don't know... I'll say no.
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X