Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical: Would you trade DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Who would be interested in a Val for Wiggins swap?
    How bout Bebe for Wiggins? hahaha

Comment

I say no.

Keep going with what raps have going.

Let wiggins figure out who and what he is on someone else's dime.

The force is strong and if raps become organization masai and Tim proclaiming, wiggins will work his way to toronto.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        The idea would be to ship Amir and DD to Minnesota, Love to Cleveland, and Wiggins/Bennet to Toronto. DD would be on Minny not Cleveland.
        aaah, well that makes more sense from a fit standpoint. I wonder if Minny would do it? I'm not sure they would, I think Amir would have to replaced in that trade scenario or another asset or two added. I guess CLE would send picks to Minny as well so that may be an attractive offer indeed.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          I say no.

The force is strong and if raps become organization masai and Tim proclaiming, wiggins will work his way to toronto.
          Further to this, put forth an offer sheet of 2 years max.

Wiggins will be a raptor when he is 25.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            The idea would be to ship Amir and DD to Minnesota, Love to Cleveland, and Wiggins/Bennet to Toronto. DD would be on Minny not Cleveland.
            If Amir and DD is enough to get Love, why not just get Love? I mean, I guess there's no guarantee he signs here, but Love is a much better commodity than Wiggins right now, disregarding free agent status (which you can't really do, but still).
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Absolutly not.

As much as would love to have them on the roster at some point, those kids have done nothing yet except being born in Canada. Why are we not talking about getting parker or any other promising youngster ?

People denied it before, but Lowry confirmed it after the signing became official DD is a huge part of him resigning, killing chemistry & momentum so we can have a canadian on the team ?

After the trade then what ? 3-6 seasons of mediocrity, Unfair pressure on the Kids, then Jersey burning when they leave ?

Let them figure themselves out at a normal NBA pace, Let us know what kind of players they become, then get them home.

Lets get Sacre as our back up big for a few years then lets revisit Wiggins/Bennett.

Comment

Based on the rumour of what Cavs are offering (Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, Andrew Wiggins and a pick) DD and Amir won't cut it.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  Based on the rumour of what Cavs are offering (Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, Andrew Wiggins and a pick) DD and Amir won't cut it.
                  What rumours?
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    Issue with Minny is that they want to win now. They have been out of the playoffs for I believe 10 years. Losing Love for a set of prospects and a pick seems like a steal for Minny but that could mean 3-4 more years without sniffing the playoffs. Toronto could offer DD/Amir and a couple of picks and they have a better chance of making the playoffs than they would with Waiters and Wiggins.

I don't think MU makes the trade anyway so it's all a moot point. He's been pretty clear on the radio that he wants to keep the same team as last year. No big changes.. not yet anyway.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Maybe for Klove? But not for Wiggins. There is no guarantee Wiggins becomes better than Derozan. Where as Kevin Love is 25, is the craziest rebounder in the league, and is supremely skilled in every facet of the game.
                      And for that reason is the only way the Cavs would agree to a deal.

If there was an actual guarantee that Wiggins would be better than Derozan. Then what the hell would be the point of making that trade(from Cleveland's POV)?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Apologies...but in these scenarios has anyone asked Love whether he would extend/resign with Toronto? He has I believe indicated he will if traded to GSW & Clev. (with Lebron). Both teams are ahead of the Raptors re getting deep into the playoffs.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Apologies...but in these scenarios has anyone asked Love whether he would extend/resign with Toronto? He has I believe indicated he will if traded to GSW & Clev. (with Lebron). Both teams are ahead of the Raptors re getting deep into the playoffs.
                          The scenarios aren't about the Raps acquiring Love, but jumping in on a 3 team deal to land Wiggins.

Comment

I think everyone gave up on Bennett already.

I would think he just got mike browned in his first NBA grind.

Let's be real Mike Brown is not really a coach.

I still think AB(o god, the initials) is gonna be a capable starting PF in the NBA.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              The scenarios aren't about the Raps acquiring Love, but jumping in on a 3 team deal to land Wiggins.
                              Oops..I was focused on the Bucher tweet. Thks.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                I say no.

Will agree with you here.

While the prospect of a Canadian superstar is VERY tempting, it's also very risky. If Wiggins doesn't emerge as a star in 2-3 seasons, you lose Lowry, you lose the rest of the vets and you're stuck with JV and Ross making big money and Wiggins on the last year of his deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X