The Andrew Wiggins Conspiracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Andrew Wiggins Conspiracy

When Andrew Wiggins become a FA in 2018, which team he will play will affect our decision in signing or sign-trade with.

Scenario 1: If he plays for the Cavs, he will be third or fourth option behind LBJ-Love-Irving, the three tandem, so he will not have any room to become a star player in the league, a possible Robin to Batman or Puck to Alpha Flight. So there's a likely chance he will bolt or ask for a trade before 2018 and given what we have throughout 2018, I would say the Raptors have a better chance of retaining Wiggins than KD

Scenario 2: If he gets traded to the Wolves for K-Love, he will become the franchise cornerstone for the Wolves since Kevin Garnett. A tandem of Wiggins and LaVine should be fun to watch with Ricky Rubio handling the rock. With Wiggins playing for the Wolves, I see him resigning the team for long term and won't play for the Raptors

Scenario 3: A third team might involve with the trade with Wiggins going to the third team and K-Love to Cavs. This scenario will depends on how Wiggins feel for the team.

I personally like Scenario 1 and hope Wiggins stay for the Cavs and become a decent role player until he frustrates his team and asks his agent for a trade to his hometown Toronto, possibly in two years.

Scenario 1: Wiggins starts as Robin for the Cavs, finishes as Nightwing for the Raps

Comment

Masai do whatever cap sorcery and trade voodoo needed to make this happen;

Cavs / Wolves / Raps
      Love / All of the picks necessary + combination of our 8 thru 15 roster slots / Wiggins

Cavs Raps ECF 2015 ready..... GO

Comment

couldn't click on a tenforthewin thread that had "conspiracy" in the title fast enough
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Oof, please don't torture yourself. Guys finishing their rookie contracts are restricted free agents -- meaning that Cleveland, in scenario 1, can match whatever offer a team like the Raptors would offer. The soonest Wiggins (assuming he's as good as advertised) would be an unrestricted free agent is 2021.

Also, people generally like playing with LeBron...something to do with him being the best player of his generation and one of the most unselfish offensive players in the league, I think. At least that's what I gleaned from Bleacher Report.

Comment

Rubio and Wiggins ... now, that is something Wolfs can go forward with.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              When Andrew Wiggins become a FA in 2018, which team he will play will affect our decision in signing or sign-trade with.

Scenario 1: If he plays for the Cavs, he will be third or fourth option behind LBJ-Love-Irving, the three tandem, so he will not have any room to become a star player in the league, a possible Robin to Batman or Puck to Alpha Flight. So there's a likely chance he will bolt or ask for a trade before 2018 and given what we have throughout 2018, I would say the Raptors have a better chance of retaining Wiggins than KD

Scenario 2: If he gets traded to the Wolves for K-Love, he will become the franchise cornerstone for the Wolves since Kevin Garnett. A tandem of Wiggins and LaVine should be fun to watch with Ricky Rubio handling the rock. With Wiggins playing for the Wolves, I see him resigning the team for long term and won't play for the Raptors

Scenario 3: A third team might involve with the trade with Wiggins going to the third team and K-Love to Cavs. This scenario will depends on how Wiggins feel for the team.

I personally like Scenario 1 and hope Wiggins stay for the Cavs and become a decent role player until he frustrates his team and asks his agent for a trade to his hometown Toronto, possibly in two years.

Scenario 1 - even being a third option, you think he'll want to leave especially when he'll probably have deep playoff runs in his first four years in the league?

Scenario 2 - Wolves are forever an 8th seed chaser. He'll likely want out

Scenario 3 - Agreed, depending on the situation.

In any case he'll be RFA so not much as much power as we think, unless he says I'm not gonna do shit for you guys if you match the offer.
              Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
              Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
              Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Comment

Kyrie Lebron and Wiggins will be an exciting team to watch.

Comment

The upside of having Leiweke and Masai is that it feels like anything is possible. The downside of having Leiweke and Masai is that people have taken that feeling and gotten super drunk on it.

Comment

Can't he take the qualifying offer and become a UFA the following year?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                      Can't he take the qualifying offer and become a UFA the following year?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      Sure, that's possible. I think David Lee is the only near-star that I can remember who did that, and -- if I remember correctly -- it's because the Knicks were getting ready for 2010, so they didn't want to lock him in.

Comment

I actually hope that Wiggins, Bennett, and even Tristan get traded for Kevin Love. Wiggins, Rubio and Bennett should be a very entertaining team. Very impressed by Bennett's play in summer league - reminds me of Grandmama Larry Johnson. Also kind of surprised that Wiggins wasn't mentioned in LeBron's essay.

Wiggins can actually make a name for himself. I'm afraid that since Lebron and Wiggins play the same position, Wiggins might end up being a Norris Cole or a Michael Beasley to a stacked Cavs Team.

Comment

I've been thinking ... Cavs have THREE #1 overall picks that play small forward!!

Lebron James, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins. Seems like they would have balanced their roster better with Joel Embiid if they knew that Lebron was coming back ...maybe they should have swapped with Philly and get all the other goodies they were offering.

But what about our most young promising player prospect, Jonas Valanciounas? They would have an excellent balance with a straight up trade (similar salaries), and we'd play Lowry/Derozan/Wiggins/Patterson/Johnson as our lineup. Cavs would be stacked more evenly.

Comment

Working...
                          X