Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Suns get Thomas in a S&T, maybe ennis will be available?

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    This signing suggests to me that the Suns are preparing to lose Bledsoe or trade Dragic. It really makes no sense. 4 years $27M seems like a lot for a backup PG. Can he operate in a 2 PG lineup with either of the above? If not, then I don't see how he gets the minutes necessary to justify the signing. Seems very odd, but I guess if Bledsoe or Dragic get moved than I would imagine they keep Ennis.
    In case you hadnt noticed, we are paying GV $13mm over two years ... pretty similar money, so .....

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I am a bit surprised at the often mention need to acquire Ennis (and the price to be paid). I am a firm believer that at this time retaining our first rnd picks is an absolute must. Except of course if the acquisition is so relished. Now that we have both of our PGs re-signed for multiple yrs Ennis is not as much of a valuable need at least for this year imo. With the number of pgs the Suns have his value is bound to decrease and there will be better value to wait on him. If not there will be other opportunities I am sure to get the PG of the future either thru trade or even using the 1st next draft.

Edit: noticed that Primer above mentions the same.
    +1

I was a lot more intrigued by Ennis when the return of Lowry and GV was still up in the air. Now that the team has re-signed them, and landed another player capable of handling some PG duties in Lou Williams, I think it'd be a pretty poor use of assets to send a first round pick to Phoenix for Ennis.

3. Like chico liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Picks are always more valuable before they are used.

I agree with this despite wanting to have Ennis on the team.
    I like Ennis as well but when you had obliquely (I think) made reference to Kendall M. believe the price will come down. I am in the patience camp....much can happen before next season thru the trading deadline.
    Last edited by Bendit; Sun Jul 13th, 2014 at 06:35 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    In case you hadnt noticed, we are paying GV $13mm over two years ... pretty similar money, so .....
    Term changes everything.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I like Ennis as well but when you had obliquely (I think) made reference to Kendall M. believe the price will come down. I am in the patience camp....much can happen before next season thru the trading deadline.
    Patience camp makes the most sense. We have no pressing need for Ennis right now, and there is almost no way his value increases this year, as he will be getting zero minutes or playing in the D-League. It will most likely be cheaper and easier to deal for Ennis next offseason or later.

7. Like Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Patience camp makes the most sense. We have no pressing need for Ennis right now, and there is almost no way his value increases this year, as he will be getting zero minutes or playing in the D-League. It will most likely be cheaper and easier to deal for Ennis next offseason or later.
    I'm still convinced PHX drafted Ennis as a power move to try and dangle him to us and gouge some assets from us...It wasn't very subtle, or very smart. I think they were basically hoping that it would allow them to get crazy value for him, but now, as you say, he will likely only decline in value without playing time. Move backfired.

9. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I'm still convinced PHX drafted Ennis as a power move to try and dangle him to us and gouge some assets from us...It wasn't very subtle, or very smart. I think they were basically hoping that it would allow them to get crazy value for him, but now, as you say, he will likely only decline in value without playing time. Move backfired.
    they didn't get the masai memo. his terms or no terms
    For The Win

11. Like CashGameND, special1, Jclaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Backfired, they should have taken Harris. Now half their roster are PG.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Backfired, they should have taken Harris. Now half their roster are PG.
    agreed. do they think toronto is dying to put a canadian at the forefront? are we? i don't care personally. it would be nice but if there is a better basketball player from any country not dprk i would choose them first anyway.

also how awesome is it that our kids are learning from lebron. that is going to be so good for canadian basketball.
    For The Win

14. Like CashGameND liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Elfrid Payton would be a great guy to have on the bench and develop till Lowry can't play as good anymore.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    F*ck Phoenix!
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Ennis is playing true to form in Vegas, 7 ppg shooting at 40%, 3.5 rpg, 2.5 apg and just 1 turnover in two games averaging 24 minutes on the floor.

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2014/teams/suns/#stats

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    Not even comparable IMO. GV is only two years, so that's significant, and he does more than just play backup PG. PHX is preparing to let Bledsoe go I think, in the event of a huge offer. At least that way, they can run Thomas and Dragic in a 2PG lineup, but like whitemen mentioned, a Bledsoe/Thomas 2 PG lineup is too undersized to get significant minutes.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    They must have thought Colangelo was still the gm. Their gm must be from the Morey school of gm-ing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information