Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suns get Thomas in a S&T, maybe ennis will be available?

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Salary wise it wouldn't work but in theory would you trade our first rounder for next year or the year after for Ennis?
    I would still be calling about Ennis, I think he is going to be one of the better players out of this draft. Raps org said as much too.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    there is something inherently unfair to a player being drafted into situations that allow them little chance of success. How is Ennis supposed to develop as the 4th PG
    It is shaping up to be Kendall Marshall part deux
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Suns can really roll out a 5PG unit

Bledsoe-Dragic-Ennis-Thomas-Smith

*Casey faints*
    I DONT TRUST PEOPLE WHO WEAR SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT

4. Like JimiCliff liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Dude you aren't going to poach Ennis for the scraps you just described, they know the Raptors heavily coveted Ennis, they would want someone back they coveted like Patrick Patterson.
    Ujiri's not gonna trade a guy he just signed. That would stink of disloyalty and trickery.

And I agree that the Suns are gonna want something valuable for Ennis, not TH. I think minimum they'd want the equivalent of two first rounders. Maybe Bebe and a 1st.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote webfeat wrote: View Post
    Ujiri's not gonna trade a guy he just signed. That would stink of disloyalty and trickery.

And I agree that the Suns are gonna want something valuable for Ennis, not TH. I think minimum they'd want the equivalent of two first rounders. Maybe Bebe and a 1st.
    Suns should have taken Harris. It was a stupid pick.

7. Like enlightenment liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would trade our 2015 1st rounder for Ennis. Then next year, use Vasquez more at the back up 2, and give Ennis some back up 1 minutes. (Next year is when we no longer have Lou)
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Salary wise it wouldn't work but in theory would you trade our first rounder for next year or the year after for Ennis?
    i'd do our 1st next year. I believe in the team getting back to the same position next year & having an extra year to develop a guy whom we could consider "next years first" would work well. I just dont think suns would do that. why draft him in the first then trade for a first. unless you think we'll flop

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote webfeat wrote: View Post

didn't he trade Javale McGee right after he signed him in Denver? Business is business. Not that I am advocating an Ennis for Paterson trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    didn't he trade Javale McGee right after he signed him in Denver? Business is business. Not that I am advocating an Ennis for Paterson trade.
    Mcgee never got traded from Denver

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    It was Nene.. he signed Nene in the summer, and traded him at around the trade deadline.

Post Thanks / Like

Suns owner Robert Sarver was interviewed at half time of the Suns' summer league game last night. He said that the Suns intend to retain Bledsoe. More speculation from me: as teams with cap space to give Bledsoe a Hayward type offer sheet are dwindling due to free agency dealings, Bledsoe may opt for a one year deal and become a UFA next summer.

Post Thanks / Like

The Ennis ship has sailed. Guessing suns won't match A max deal for Bledsoe.

Suns got themselves a nice deal for Thomas but I question this signing. They can still run their 2 pg set but that's a huge drop off in defence. Huge.

Maybe they'll trade Dragic and keep Bledsoe?
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Insurance for Bledsoe. Probably somebody will be moved eventually. Similar to Lou Will in Tortonto. Less logjammed than our SG situation.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    The Ennis ship has sailed. Guessing suns won't match A max deal for Bledsoe.

Suns got themselves a nice deal for Thomas but I question this signing. They can still run their 2 pg set but that's a huge drop off in defence. Huge.

Maybe they'll trade Dragic and keep Bledsoe?
    I guess thats their agenda. considering Dragic is UFA next summer and is about to get PAID! they'd rather keep Bledsoe this summer even if its a max deal.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    I guess thats their agenda. considering Dragic is UFA next summer and is about to get PAID! they'd rather keep Bledsoe this summer even if its a max deal.
    It's still odd. The reason the 2PG tactic works for them is because Dragic has good enough size to play SG to some degree. Having Thomas and Bledsoe is one small duo if they are thinking of using it in a similar way.

I just think PHX is crazy. I think they got lucky as hell last year when they accidentally succeeded when trying to tank. And I think the GM has no real clue how to build the team going forward.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    It is shaping up to be Kendall Marshall part deux
    Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.

This part excites me though. The Suns basically destroyed all value Kendall Marshall had. He went from 13th overall pick in the 2012 draft, to trade filler that was immediately waived in 2013 (Gortat trade). Which led to him being signed off waivers by the Lakers for $500K per year.

Marshall is not a bad player. He averaged 8 points and 9 assists per game for the Lakers last year. The Suns just didn't have any minutes for him and destroyed his value.

Hopefully the same thing happens with Ennis, and during the season or next offseason the Raps can get him for scraps.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I would trade our 2015 1st rounder for Ennis. Then next year, use Vasquez more at the back up 2, and give Ennis some back up 1 minutes. (Next year is when we no longer have Lou)
    I'd even go next year's first and Lou for Ennis. I don't this a first alone would be enough. (Of course, this is assuming the Lou has any real value, which maybe he doesn't.)

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a bit surprised at the often mention need to acquire Ennis (and the price to be paid). I am a firm believer that at this time retaining our first rnd picks is an absolute must. Except of course if the acquisition is so relished. Now that we have both of our PGs re-signed for multiple yrs Ennis is not as much of a valuable need at least for this year imo. With the number of pgs the Suns have his value is bound to decrease and there will be better value to wait on him. If not there will be other opportunities I am sure to get the PG of the future either thru trade or even using the 1st next draft.

Edit: noticed that Primer above mentions the same.
    Last edited by Bendit; Sun Jul 13th, 2014 at 05:28 PM.

21. Like special1, chico, Fully, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I am a bit surprised at the often mention need to acquire Ennis (and the price to be paid). I am a firm believer that at this time retaining our first rnd picks is an absolute must. Except of course if the acquisition is so relished. Now that we have both of our PGs re-signed for multiple yrs Ennis is not as much of a valuable need at least for this year imo. With the number of pgs the Suns have his value is bound to decrease and there will be better value to wait on him. If not there will be other opportunities I am sure to get the PG of the future either thru trade or even using the 1st next draft.
    First round picks are nice but in 2016 we have two. Moving one in 2015 for a good player is a good idea. No use trying to hoard prospects if you are in contention.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Picks are always more valuable before they are used.

I agree with this despite wanting to have Ennis on the team.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information