Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I feel like I could play better defense than this...and I'm quite fat
    If Daiw can do a half decent job on Lebron, then there's hope for all over weight defenders out there!

thead wrote: View Post
    If I had a gun to my head and someone said tell me when Bruno is going to contribute meaningful minutes to the Raptors...I'd say 2016/2017 season.
    I think that timeline makes sense. I'd probably guess he starts that season playing 10-15 min/game but by the end is getting 15-25 min/game.

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Amir Johnson was also 2 years away from being 2 years away when he was drafted.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3982/

first 2 years he barley played, then the following 2 years he played but didn't get too many minutes and by the fifth year he was ready to get meaningful minutes and it just so happened he started it in Toronto.

Bruno is a 5 years investment project, hard to say how it will all turn out.
    That's the thing about about the "two years" comment. He's 18!!! For all intents and purposes he's being drafted straight out of high school. Couldn't find any easy answers (thanks for nothing internet!), but how many players in this draft are 22? If Caboclo is making any kind of impact at that time, it will be a huge win for the Raps.

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    So.....he's one year from being one year away?
    I wouldn't be surprised. He'll probably play in the d-league this year (as per Casey's comments) and then he'll get limited burn in 2015-2016 (probably averaging 5-8 mins/game) and then be a solid rotation guy the year after. *fingers crossed*

TRex wrote: View Post
    One of the biggest steal in this year's draft = Gary Harris. I watched him play a lot in college and to me he's a top 10 talent in this year's draft and Denver got him at 19. Unless there's some kind of a injury concern that i'm not aware of, i'm still not sure how he dropped that low.

There's so many teams in this draft that could used a guy like Gary Harris but they just passed on him and i think they'll regret it. Charlotte is one, they need another perimeter guy besides Kemba that can score. Chicago is another one. They need a perimeter scorer period. Boston is another one. Imagine a backcourt of Smart and Harris?
    I think I remember Jalen Rose having him going 5th-6th in his mock draft on the BS report Podcast, but then he forgot someone (Julius Randle I think) which ended up bumping Harris to the 11th or 12th slot. But yeah, 19 seems like he dropped too much.

jlongs wrote: View Post
    I'm just really glad Bruno seems to have good instincts already. Every other part of his game can be improved by coaching or simply experience.

He's not as raw as advertised so that just means he may be able to contribute sooner. Which is awesome and exciting.
    It is summer league, and there's a good chance we won't even see Caboclo in an NBA game this season. BUT there's definitely a reason to be excited about this kid making an impact down the road.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
      Really frustrating because I think Bruno could have been more productive if he got more looks...
      Guys like Dwight Buycks and Chris Daniels ruined Bruno's day

Although, Bruno does need to stop camping in the corner and move without the ball just a little more though
      I agree...but maybe the coach has asked him to so he can shoot his 3s (he has a good stroke). Also it is fairly chaotic out there and BC is just getting his feet wet at another level. I am only glad to see that he has some skills.

Comment

• I think that there is a tendency to brush off any positive looking moments in summer league because it is summer league.

What impresses me with Bruno is that he is playing, for the most part, against guys who are 2-6 years older than him and who have been playing in credible high school/college and then professional programs since they were 12.

I would say that Bruno is a student of the game. When Casey mentions how quickly he learns (based on a few workouts and practice sessions before summer league) it is actually Bruno putting into practice things he has already learned by watching and playing the game. For him it's really a case of having to put more of this stuff into play, and against a higher level of opponent, than he has had to in the past. I am very happy with this pick.

Just my two cents.

Comment

• Based on one summer league game, Gary Harris is headed to the HOF. The Raptors might be stressing a little more on the defensive side next game.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            Based on one summer league game, Gary Harris is headed to the HOF. The Raptors might be stressing a little more on the defensive side next game.
            Harris was a definite steal. Looks better facing our guards but is NBA ready and replaces Fournier completely. Raptor without roster spots have nothing to offer PGs in summer league except a chance to show off for other teams. Guard play is atrocious on both sides. They should try Bruno as a SG and Daniels as the SF. Really want to see Bebe at the PF spot with Whiteside

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Harris was a definite steal. Looks better facing our guards but is NBA ready and replaces Fournier completely. Raptor without roster spots have nothing to offer PGs in summer league except a chance to show off for other teams. Guard play is atrocious on both sides. They should try Bruno as a SG and Daniels as the SF. Really want to see Bebe at the PF spot with Whiteside
              wow that would be quite nice but whats interesting is, the BUCKS can unveil the same kinda lineup in "team wingspan" if they put Giannis - Parker - Henson - Sanders. The amount of steal and block that team will rack up is anybody's guess.

Comment

Working...
              X