Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do we end our 4 year Miami losing streak this year?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do we end our 4 year Miami losing streak this year?

Honestly I really hope we SMASH Bosh and the boys by 30 at some point next season. Hate losing to the Heat.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

No, we will torched by the Heat again, they got Luol Deng and Danny Granger

Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We are going to squash them. Their lineup has so many holes. Deng may not even sign there and Granger sucks now.

Unfortunately it won't be as satisfying as it would be with Lebron there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    No, we will torched by the Heat again, they got Luol Deng and Danny Granger
    How does having deng and granger mean that we'll be "torched"..

Anyway though it looks like their building a pretty formidable team but we'll have to see how they filll out the rest of their roster

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When's the last time Raptors beat LeBron's team?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Idk if it's the last time but I remember us beating the Cavs on opening night

7. Like planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i believe never. i don't think we've beat them once with lebron.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We were something like 3-19 against the cavs and never won against the super friends. Can't. Wait to end both those streaks this year
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of what MIA does with their roster, you have to believe that in LBJ's absence the Raps will be able to win one game against them. Who's on the roster now in MIA? Bosh, Wade, McRoberts, Granger, Cole, Napier, Haslem. They may add Deng and even Bledsoe perhaps. If they get those two latter players they should be a pretty good team I imagine. But we should be able to beat them at least once.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i believe never. i don't think we've beat them once with lebron.
    Quote Sam17 wrote: View Post
    Idk if it's the last time but I remember us beating the Cavs on opening night
    It was... we beat Cleveland on opening night in 2009.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all about confidence.. The Raptors have to believe they can beat anyone and then go out and prove it. Both the Heat and the Cavs will need to adjust. Cavs have new coach and Lebron needs to get acclimated. Heat no longer have Lebron and have to adjust (and despite getting Deng or McRoberts, their entire system revolved around James).

Raptors have the exact same team as last year. Their only new additions are bench players or rookies that might get 5 mpg. Raptors *should* be able to beat both teams.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    It was... we beat Cleveland on opening night in 2009.
    i thought we were just talking about the heat, but yah.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the East got considerably better by adding more talent while we are relying on organic growth.

The Heat is not the post "decision" Cavs from 2010. They can put together a decent squad to make it to the ECF. I would assume they will totally remake their offense with LBJ gone. Probably try to acquire a PG (Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic). Also, adding a Deng to their roster will make them a playoff squad.

It won't be a cake walk to beat them this year.

The East looks improved too,

Cavs - No details required. deep playoff team period.

Miami - Big 2 + Deng and other marginal pieces. Gotta believe at least a playoff team.

Bulls - Added Gasol. Rose believed to be back. Improved offense with Gasol & Noah high post plays. (they are gonna be fun to watch)

Washington - young talented backcourt's organic improvement plus Otto Porter's second season. Gotta believe he is gonna make real contributions behind Pierce's veteran presence.

Indiana - Only team i'd believe will see a drop off after loosing Stephenson, if they do. A playoff team regardless.

Charlotte - they were already turning heads last year as the season went on. they are poised to add another piece and continuity for them will do good.

Atlanta - Horford being back and a new piece via FA is gonna push them up next season.

These 7 teams are the real competition for us. and we have the potential to finish anywhere from 2-8. These teams are all on par.

The wild card teams are the NY ones. Knicks and Nets. they can make more moves and make some noise as well.

The East looks real good to me next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    I think the East got considerably better by adding more talent while we are relying on organic growth.

The Heat is not the post "decision" Cavs from 2010. They can put together a decent squad to make it to the ECF. I would assume they will totally remake their offense with LBJ gone. Probably try to acquire a PG (Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic). Also, adding a Deng to their roster will make them a playoff squad.

It won't be a cake walk to beat them this year.

The East looks improved too,

Cavs - No details required. deep playoff team period.

Miami - Big 2 + Deng and other marginal pieces. Gotta believe at least a playoff team.

Bulls - Added Gasol. Rose believed to be back. Improved offense with Gasol & Noah high post plays. (they are gonna be fun to watch)

Washington - young talented backcourt's organic improvement plus Otto Porter's second season. Gotta believe he is gonna make real contributions behind Pierce's veteran presence.

Indiana - Only team i'd believe will see a drop off after loosing Stephenson, if they do. A playoff team regardless.

Charlotte - they were already turning heads last year as the season went on. they are poised to add another piece and continuity for them will do good.

Atlanta - Horford being back and a new piece via FA is gonna push them up next season.

These 7 teams are the real competition for us. and we have the potential to finish anywhere from 2-8. These teams are all on par.

The wild card teams are the NY ones. Knicks and Nets. they can make more moves and make some noise as well.

The East looks real good to me next season.
    Agree completely

Post Thanks / Like

SVG in Detroit also makes them a threat.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    SVG in Detroit also makes them a threat.
    Until they find out Josh Smith is not a Small Forward, they are not going anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually witnessed the raps beat the cavs in 2007 at the ACC

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year, we were lucky that we didn't have any extended injuries to just about everyone outside of Fields I suppouse
    This year, we might not be so lucky

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2kfeen wrote: View Post
    Last year, we were lucky that we didn't have any extended injuries to just about everyone outside of Fields I suppouse
    This year, we might not be so lucky
    Except for the year round injured Amir.
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering they just lost the best player in the world, Miami has done an admiral job of remaining competitive. But they are simultaneously losing their top defensive player and their facilitator on offense.

Deng will now be the top wing defender, but will Chalmers or a rookie Napier now be the ones who are initiating the ball movement? If so, then I have serious worries about the Heat. I also am betting that Wade will play even fewer games this year, or be less effective if he is forced to play more minutes.

PG: Chalmers, Napier, Cole
    SG: Wade, ??
    SF: Deng, Granger
    PF: Bosh, McBob
    C: Anderson, Haslem, ??

Outside of McBob (who plays behind their top starter) their bench is incredibly weak. Granger has not shown anything over the last few years and could barely get off the bench for the Clippers, who had a real need at SF. Haslem has been incredibly limited and is on the downside of his career.

Their starters (when Wade is effective) can compete in the East, but their bench is looking atrocious and they don't have much money left to add talent.

I think Chicago is the top threat for winning the East. Indiana is going to take a step back if they can't bring back Stephenson. Washington just lost Ariza which is a big miss for them. Atlanta has yet to land a significant piece but will be very interesting if Horford can play a full season. Cavs will take some time and are still very thin in the front court (Thompson, Bennett, Varejao and Haywood are only viable options currently).

The Raptors and Bulls currently seem to be the deepest teams in the Eastern Conference, and that goes a long way in the regular season.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information