Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptors 2014/2015 WINS!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors 2014/2015 WINS!!!!

I know its very early but how many games do you think the raptors will win and where they will stack up in the 2014/2015 season
    I say 50 wins with the 4th spot
    Keep in mind the east is going to be stronger
    Cavs- Lebron, Bulls- Gasol&Rose, Hawks- Al Hoford is back, Wizards- The Truth, Pacers a bit drop off, and moreeeeee

1.Cavs- 60~22
    2.Bulls- 56-26
    3.Pacers- 51~31
    4.Raptors- 50~32
    5.Heat- 50~32
    6.Wizards- 48~34
    7.Hawks- 47~35
    8.Bobcats- 44~38

My wildcard is the NYK's, i think they can win as anywhere between 35-50 games

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Shit i forgot to add a poll

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're too high on the Cavs. You're telling me this team is going to be better than the first year LeBron, Wade and CB hooked up?

4. Like MACK11, Miekenstien liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bulls
    2. Cavs
    3. Raptors
    4. Pacers
    5. Wizards
    6. Hornets
    7. Heat
    8. Hawks
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think you're too high on the Cavs. You're telling me this team is going to be better than the first year LeBron, Wade and CB hooked up?
    I hope not but i wouldn't be surprised

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

how many games do u think the bulls, raptors and hawks will win

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think cavs have some growing pains early in the season and come on late. kyrie needs the ball, lebron will always have the ball. dion needs the ball.

i also think you have the bulls a bit to high because of the concern with rose. if he comes back to play then i think they are the top team in the east.

i want to say we will win 82 but i don't think we will get there. as long as we are top 3 in the east and make conference final i will be happy
    For The Win

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

82-0!

Whys settle for anything else?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    82-0!

Whys settle for anything else?
    lol if that happens im using my summer job money for a season ticket and not my school fee

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think 50 is the goal. Anything less will be considered a step back, anything more will be a great season(regular, that is). 50 wins in this Eastern Conference should net us at least 3rd seed, but that could easily be higher or lower.

I believe the Raps will earn 3rd seed, but will make it out of the first round for sure. Baby steps were taken last year, but I believe least year we crawled. This year we walkin'!

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no more stable team in the East than us, that's our advantage

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is sleeping on Pistons :s
    I am telling you guys, SVG is a hell of a coach

My assumption
    1. Pacers (assuming, they got their mindset straight)
    2. Cavs (Blatt looks like a great coach)
    3. Bulls (might be #2 if rose is back)
    4. Raptors
    5. Pistons
    6. Heat
    7. Hawks
    8. Wizards

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    Everyone is sleeping on Pistons :s
    I am telling you guys, SVG is a hell of a coach

My assumption
    1. Pacers (assuming, they got their mindset straight)
    2. Cavs (Blatt looks like a great coach)
    3. Bulls (might be #2 if rose is back)
    4. Raptors
    5. Pistons
    6. Heat
    7. Hawks
    8. Wizards
    SVG is a great coach. That is a terrible roster. They negate each other.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Lou Williams is going to have a nice rebound season. He's going to be a spark plug off the bench this year.

This team will be better than last year. Hopefully that leads to more wins.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    SVG is a great coach. That is a terrible roster. They negate each other.
    Mmm how would you compare the current pistons roster with the Magic roster when SVG took them to finals? Would you say its a lot worse?
    I think Andre Drummond would perform very well under SVG style of badketball

Post Thanks / Like

The 2 teams in the finals for the past 2 years were also the 2 oldest teams in the league. 2 things make a championship team in the NBA: 1/Experience, 2/ A stable roster. So let's go down the list and see who has what?

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Indiana 1e - Experience? Yes, both vets and playoff experience. Stability? Is Lance coming back? Can the Center find his way back to respectability?

Miami2se - Experience? Yes, both vets and playoff. Stability? 2/3 of core back. Different roles, new responsibilities.

Toronto3a - Experience? Yes, playoff experience. Stability? Yes. Basically the same team

Chicago4x - Experience? Yes vets w/ playoff experience. Stability? If Rose plays 3/4 of the season that's a victory.

Washington5x - Experience? Yes to both. Stability? The core is returning replacing the starting 3 with a still capable HOF

Brooklyn6x - Experience? Yes. Stability? No -- new coach, Lopez returns, Pierce gone, best PG gone

Charlotte7x - Experience? Playoff experience. Stability? Pretty much -- McRoberts moving might hurt more than most think

Atlanta8x - Yes.... Can their star stay healthy? Should they have traded Lou?

New Yorko - Boat loads...LOL!!! New Pres, coach, PG, Center, system.....

Clevelando - So far, 2 guys have real experience (LBJ, AV). The best player in the workd in your locker room better create stability

Detroito No and No - SVG is rebuilding the system of play, and will move unneeded parts. Give him a year

Bostono Let's leave this blank -- it doesn't look good.

Orlandoo A really young team with a front office obsessed with players that don't fit...

Philadelphiao - No comment

Milwaukeeo - Shouldn't be this bad. They have guys with some/limited playoff experience. New ownership should help with stability, but a new coach and system probably will not.

All of this to say, Toronto, Chicago, Charlotte, and Washington have the most potential to improve. If Indiana brings back Lance and keeps him under control they have to be favorites in the East. Miami will dip, but should still be in the playoffs. Cavs will probably have growing pains, but if Blatt and Lebron are on the same page they should improve -- but there's no way they win the East. Most of those kids don't even know how to win. It will take LBJ a year to teach them. The last playoff team I got is Atlanta.

I got Brooklyn taking a serious dip.

Best guess for Toronto? 49 wins

Post Thanks / Like

Mmm how would you compare the current pistons roster with the Magic roster when SVG took them to finals? Would you say its a lot worse?
    I don't think he is planning to turn Drummond into Howard or run a 4 + 1 in Detroit. Keeping Monroe and Drummond looks like a different scheme than Orlando. He likes shooter but every coach likes shooters. Sometime coaches are labeled but it had to do with personnel. Lionel Hollins apparently likes to run but couldn't in Memphis.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. 2 completely diff teams dude. First of all. Drummond is no Dwight Howard. Not even close. Howard was a legit MVP candidate when he was in Orlando. Second, that Magic team, they had an identity. They had a great big man, and they surrounded him w/ great shooters.

This Pistons team on the other hand is still a mess. Just look at their frontcourt and their starting PG. They need to move one of Smith or Monroe and they need a more competent starting PG. Plus they need more depth.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Wow. 2 completely diff teams dude. First of all. Drummond is no Dwight Howard. Not even close. Howard was a legit MVP candidate when he was in Orlando. Second, that Magic team, they had an identity. They had a great big man, and they surrounded him w/ great shooters.

This Pistons team on the other hand is still a mess. Just look at their frontcourt and their starting PG. They need to move one of Smith or Monroe and they need a more competent starting PG. Plus they need more depth.
    Well Drummond is of course not as good as Dwight howard yet but I assume that he'd perform good enough to get pistons into playoffs in eastern conference

But yes pistons definetely needs depth

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Drummond is of course not as good as Dwight howard yet but I assume that he'd perform good enough to get pistons into playoffs in eastern conference

But yes pistons definetely needs depth
    control freak coach and an uncoachable player. smith and svg are going to destroy the locker room. can't see jennings not jacking up 3s at will, open or not.

i think for the pistons to make the playoffs they need smith to hit a higher % of 3s, jennings to always pass the ball into monroe at the start of every play. monroe to develop a good passing game. drummond won't be the leader of that team this year. he is still only good at athletic aspects of the game. he isn't shaq like dominant that his horrible basketball skills can be ignored.
    For The Win

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information