Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptors 2014/2015 WINS!!!!

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    Well Drummond is of course not as good as Dwight howard yet but I assume that he'd perform good enough to get pistons into playoffs in eastern conference

But yes pistons definetely needs depth
    Not about depth. It's about a bunch of parts that do not go together and are overall mediocre players.
    It's about Brandon Jennings being one of the more overrated players to play in the league. Jacking up 3's and shooting low %. Josh Smith being a headcase as well as jacking up more 3's than most pure shooters, even though he can't hit the backside of a barn. Monroe and Drummond not being a particularly good pairing together etc. Are they going to resign Monroe?
    If he can get that team to play well, or at the very least play HARD, then he's incredible.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Bulls (but that is so risky, it's so hard to predict them with Rose's injury woes, and even when he played last season he was well off his past form, of course he could've found it towards the end of the season though. Then Gasol. He moved really poorly last year...he will have to be in really good shape and stay injury free to have a big impact for them)
    2. Pacers. Not so high on them, but should do just enough to stay top 3.
    3. Cavs. I think it's funny to suggest they won't win a bunch of games. Despite inexperience and random parts.
    4. Raptors. I'm guessing around the same amount of wins as last season, east should be tougher.
    5. Wizards, could see them coming top 4 though.
    6. Heat
    7. Nets
    8. Hawks/Hornets...whatever.

Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    82-0!

Whys settle for anything else?
    83-0!

Seriously though, I think there won't be a super-dominant team in the East this year. It will resemble 06-07 when only two teams got to 50 wins.

Bulls 53-29 (assuming Rose is back and decent)
    Cavs 48-34 (assuming they don't get Love)
    Raps 48-34
    Pacers 46-36 (assuming Stephenson leaves and Hibbert is not traded)
    Wizards 46-36
    Heat 44-38
    Nets 44-38 (assuming Brook is back and useful)
    Hornets 41-41

Edit: if Val makes the Leap we could get to 52-53 wins. If Val AND Ross make the Leap we could win the conference.
    Last edited by Scraptor; Mon Jul 14th, 2014 at 04:08 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post

Edit: if Val makes the Leap we could get to 52-53 wins. If Val AND Ross make the Leap we could win the conference.
    Yeah it will be very exciting to watch them
    I think Val would definitely be a double double machine coming season, I think he will avg 10.5-11.5 rebounds per game and 13-15 ppg

As for ross... I have a feeling that Casey is gonna play James Johnson a lot, so I don't think he will make a huge leap

Raptors Republic Starter Fanchie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    I know its very early but how many games do you think the raptors will win and where they will stack up in the 2014/2015 season
    I say 50 wins with the 4th spot
    Keep in mind the east is going to be stronger
    Cavs- Lebron, Bulls- Gasol&Rose, Hawks- Al Hoford is back, Wizards- The Truth, Pacers a bit drop off, and moreeeeee

1.Cavs- 60~22
    2.Bulls- 56-26
    3.Pacers- 51~31
    4.Raptors- 50~32
    5.Heat- 50~32
    6.Wizards- 48~34
    7.Hawks- 47~35
    8.Bobcats- 44~38

My wildcard is the NYK's, i think they can win as anywhere between 35-50 games
    Your win totals (one 60 wins team, 4 50s and 3 comfortably above 0.500) are not realistic. These look like Western conference figures. So either the rest of the East will have to suck in epic proportions, or these extra wins will have to come from inter conference games and the balance would have to shift to the East. I don't see either scenario happening.

And in your scenario, Raps would clinch the #3 seed, Heat #4 and Pacers #5 because of divisions.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't ask yourself how many wins should we expect based on last year. It should be how many wins do we expect based on two years ago. We are on an upward trend but even upward trends can have upper outliers. Demar had his first all star season. Lowry played the best year of his career. Injuries were somewhat limited. Some other teams were really bad. Really bad. I wouldn't be surprised if we played really well and still wound up as the 6th seed with 46ish wins. If you told me that two years ago, I'd say that is on the right track. I'll be happy to be surprised. It will take big leaps from JV and TR and while those would be awesome, I can't count on them for predictions.

Edit: as pointed out by others, I wasn't taking into account the fact that all the teams in the east that may be better than us, do not reside in the Atlantic division. That would bump my prediction to 4th seed. Not such a bold call but, there you go.
    Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Jul 14th, 2014 at 03:43 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Raps will likely win around the same amount of games. We got better and deeper but the conference is also stronger now.

People are joking if they have Cleveland winning less than 50 games. This is LeBron we're talking about. While developing chemistry will be an issue. He won 61 games in 2009-10 with Mo Williams, Hickson, Andy V and an oft-injured, 37 year old Shaq.

I have Cleveland as the #1 seed if Rose isn't healthy. Indiana will take a step back with Lance gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Too Early to Tell but

1.Cavs-
    2.Bulls-
    3.Pacers-
    4.Wizards-
    5.Hawks-
    6.Raptor
    7.Hornets
    8.Heat

Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The amount of people on this thread that don't understand the concept of division winners is ridiculous.

Chicago, Cleveland and Indiana CAN'T all be top 3 teams. It's actually impossible.

10. Like ddaylewis, TRex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt.Johnson wrote: View Post
    Too Early to Tell but

1.Cavs-
    2.Bulls-
    3.Pacers-
    4.Wizards-
    5.Hawks-
    6.Raptor
    7.Hornets
    8.Heat
    Raptors would be 4th in this case cause division winners get a top 4 seed

12. Like ddaylewis liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    The amount of people on this thread that don't understand the concept of division winners is ridiculous.

Chicago, Cleveland and Indiana CAN'T all be top 3 teams. It's actually impossible.
    OMG YES!!!! Like I don't understand why people aren't getting it. Raptors most likely will win their division so they can't be lower than the 4th seed. I think we get fourth seed. You have Chicago and Cleveland the one of Washington, Atlanta, Charlotte and Miami will get third (I say Wizards get it) and then we win our division and get 4th

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    OMG YES!!!! Like I don't understand why people aren't getting it. Raptors most likely will win their division so they can't be lower than the 4th seed. I think we get fourth seed. You have Chicago and Cleveland the one of Washington, Atlanta, Charlotte and Miami will get third (I say Wizards get it) and then we win our division and get 4th
    IT's really hard to judge seeding at the top. At the moment, it seems a central team is most likely to take top seed....but after that?

Chicago, Cleveland and Indiana all have question marks that could cause bumps along the road (especially Indiana at the moment with uncertainty about Stephenson). Still think one of them finishes on top, but maybe one or both of the others struggle more than expected.

Washington, Atlanta, Charlotte and Miami are all good teams, but how good is tough to judge. Washington will probably start the season with worse depth and probably D, but everyone is expecting organic growth from their core. It's hard to know how much better/worse all these teams got. Atlanta looks to be better, but their hot start last year was also when all other teams were shitting the bed. Competition could be tougher from the get go.

In general, this competition aspect makes things fuzzy. Being from the stronger division doesn't make you a better team...After all, teams in the Southeast and Central will be beating up on each other. In the Atlantic though, Toronto could have the chance to beat up on everybody else. So being in the weaker division could help Toronto's record, and being in the stronger divisions could hurt other teams a bit in the standings.

Anyway, think things are pretty wide open. Still think top seed is unlikely for Toronto, but as high as 2nd seems plausible.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Hibbert is a bigger question mark than Stephenson.

Roy is mentally weak.

If he comes back like he ended last season, pacers are gone.

If I were Larry bird I'd consider trying to trade for sanders.

Sanders has issues but sulking and a lack of confidence are not two of them.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like this new trend. At the start of last season everybody pegged us as a #8-#10 seed team fighting for the last playoff spot and now it's like we're a lock for the Atlantic division.

Last year was no fluke, but there was a lot going in our favour;a relatively healthy squad, DD and Lowry playing lights out, underachievement from division rivals Knicks/Nets, overall lack of a competitive and balanced conference.

Miami, Indy, Toronto, Chicago, Washington, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Atlanta.
    The 8 teams that made the playoffs last year. Outside of Miami, each team has being marginally better or worse.
    Cleveland, Detroit, New York, Milwaukee
    Teams that missed the playoffs last year, but should be in the playoff mix this year.

Honestly the East is looking like a crap shoot outside of Cleveland.
    I hope I'll have to eat my words, but I see us somewhere around 6th seed
    Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
    Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
    Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ahoang wrote: View Post
    I don't like this new trend. At the start of last season everybody pegged us as a #8-#10 seed team fighting for the last playoff spot and now it's like we're a lock for the Atlantic division.

Last year was no fluke, but there was a lot going in our favour;a relatively healthy squad, DD and Lowry playing lights out, underachievement from division rivals Knicks/Nets, overall lack of a competitive and balanced conference.

Miami, Indy, Toronto, Chicago, Washington, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Atlanta.
    The 8 teams that made the playoffs last year. Outside of Miami, each team has being marginally better or worse.
    Cleveland, Detroit, New York, Milwaukee
    Teams that missed the playoffs last year, but should be in the playoff mix this year.

Honestly the East is looking like a crap shoot outside of Cleveland.
    I hope I'll have to eat my words, but I see us somewhere around 6th seed
    So you don't think the Raptors will win their division next season?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    So you don't think the Raptors will win their division next season?
    I'm hopeful that they will, but I think we're discounting NYK and BK too much, but to be fair I don't see a big gap from 3-8

I think we're underestimating the Eastern conference as a whole, but this could be me worrying about all the moves made by other teams this offseason and not giving us enough credit.
    Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
    Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
    Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Bulls- 57 (actual offence options(Nikolic+McDermott) this year+D.Rose+Pau)
    2.Pacers-50 (They are talented but prone to dropping if things don't go right at the start)
    3.Raptors- 48 (Same solid winning attitude. Bench deeper. Can take out the weak teams consistently. Tougher east)
    4.Hawks- 48 (They would have been 3rd last year. Good additions)
    5.Cavs-47 (LeBron ++ needs work)
    6.Wizards-46 (Pierce + playoff experience)
    7.Heat-45 (Asking Bosh to be the man. Good but not great)
    8.Hornets-44 (Still building)

Lots of questions

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There's another thing I may not have taken in to account. We keep mentioning the moves that other teams have made to improve (some big, some small) that may add a few wins to their total. While we have only made small tweaks the big move we made came last year. This team played nearly a quarter of a season last year as the Rudy Gay Raptors. That team lost 2/3rds of their games. The new and improved raptors managed to get to 48 wins even with that start. Sure that may have been a poor start against good teams but we're definitely talking about a new team post trade. That projection alone should offset the fact that we will be playing stronger teams this year. Bring on the 50 wins! By the time I'm done rethinking this, I'm going to be on board with the 82-0 call made earlier.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GoingBig wrote: View Post
    1.Bulls- 57 (actual offence options(Nikolic+McDermott) this year+D.Rose+Pau)
    2.Pacers-50 (They are talented but prone to dropping if things don't go right at the start)
    3.Raptors- 48 (Same solid winning attitude. Bench deeper. Can take out the weak teams consistently. Tougher east)
    4.Hawks- 48 (They would have been 3rd last year. Good additions)
    5.Cavs-47 (LeBron ++ needs work)
    6.Wizards-46 (Pierce + playoff experience)
    7.Heat-45 (Asking Bosh to be the man. Good but not great)
    8.Hornets-44 (Still building)

Lots of questions
    Sounds about right except Bulls winning 55+ ( injuries will hurt) and Heat over Charlotte.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I really feel like we stay about the same or a slight drop-off in wins from last year. And honestly, that wouldn't bother me; to me this is going to be a status-quo year where the priority was not taking a step backwards in a difficult free agency season. Now it's all about internal growth and that big chunk of cap space (or expiring trade bait) for next summer.
    tank-agnostic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information