No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014/2015 WINS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2 teams in the finals for the past 2 years were also the 2 oldest teams in the league. 2 things make a championship team in the NBA: 1/Experience, 2/ A stable roster. So let's go down the list and see who has what?

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Indiana 1e - Experience? Yes, both vets and playoff experience. Stability? Is Lance coming back? Can the Center find his way back to respectability?

Miami2se - Experience? Yes, both vets and playoff. Stability? 2/3 of core back. Different roles, new responsibilities.

Toronto3a - Experience? Yes, playoff experience. Stability? Yes. Basically the same team

Chicago4x - Experience? Yes vets w/ playoff experience. Stability? If Rose plays 3/4 of the season that's a victory.

Washington5x - Experience? Yes to both. Stability? The core is returning replacing the starting 3 with a still capable HOF

Brooklyn6x - Experience? Yes. Stability? No -- new coach, Lopez returns, Pierce gone, best PG gone

Charlotte7x - Experience? Playoff experience. Stability? Pretty much -- McRoberts moving might hurt more than most think

Atlanta8x - Yes.... Can their star stay healthy? Should they have traded Lou?

New Yorko - Boat loads...LOL!!! New Pres, coach, PG, Center, system.....

Clevelando - So far, 2 guys have real experience (LBJ, AV). The best player in the workd in your locker room better create stability

Detroito No and No - SVG is rebuilding the system of play, and will move unneeded parts. Give him a year

Bostono Let's leave this blank -- it doesn't look good.

Orlandoo A really young team with a front office obsessed with players that don't fit...

Philadelphiao - No comment

Milwaukeeo - Shouldn't be this bad. They have guys with some/limited playoff experience. New ownership should help with stability, but a new coach and system probably will not.

All of this to say, Toronto, Chicago, Charlotte, and Washington have the most potential to improve. If Indiana brings back Lance and keeps him under control they have to be favorites in the East. Miami will dip, but should still be in the playoffs. Cavs will probably have growing pains, but if Blatt and Lebron are on the same page they should improve -- but there's no way they win the East. Most of those kids don't even know how to win. It will take LBJ a year to teach them. The last playoff team I got is Atlanta.

I got Brooklyn taking a serious dip.

Best guess for Toronto? 49 wins

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
      Mmm how would you compare the current pistons roster with the Magic roster when SVG took them to finals? Would you say its a lot worse?
      I think Andre Drummond would perform very well under SVG style of badketball
      I don't think he is planning to turn Drummond into Howard or run a 4 + 1 in Detroit. Keeping Monroe and Drummond looks like a different scheme than Orlando. He likes shooter but every coach likes shooters. Sometime coaches are labeled but it had to do with personnel. Lionel Hollins apparently likes to run but couldn't in Memphis.

Comment

Mmm how would you compare the current pistons roster with the Magic roster when SVG took them to finals? Would you say its a lot worse?
        I think Andre Drummond would perform very well under SVG style of badketball
        Wow. 2 completely diff teams dude. First of all. Drummond is no Dwight Howard. Not even close. Howard was a legit MVP candidate when he was in Orlando. Second, that Magic team, they had an identity. They had a great big man, and they surrounded him w/ great shooters.

This Pistons team on the other hand is still a mess. Just look at their frontcourt and their starting PG. They need to move one of Smith or Monroe and they need a more competent starting PG. Plus they need more depth.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Wow. 2 completely diff teams dude. First of all. Drummond is no Dwight Howard. Not even close. Howard was a legit MVP candidate when he was in Orlando. Second, that Magic team, they had an identity. They had a great big man, and they surrounded him w/ great shooters.

This Pistons team on the other hand is still a mess. Just look at their frontcourt and their starting PG. They need to move one of Smith or Monroe and they need a more competent starting PG. Plus they need more depth.
          Well Drummond is of course not as good as Dwight howard yet but I assume that he'd perform good enough to get pistons into playoffs in eastern conference

But yes pistons definetely needs depth

Comment

Well Drummond is of course not as good as Dwight howard yet but I assume that he'd perform good enough to get pistons into playoffs in eastern conference

control freak coach and an uncoachable player. smith and svg are going to destroy the locker room. can't see jennings not jacking up 3s at will, open or not.

i think for the pistons to make the playoffs they need smith to hit a higher % of 3s, jennings to always pass the ball into monroe at the start of every play. monroe to develop a good passing game. drummond won't be the leader of that team this year. he is still only good at athletic aspects of the game. he isn't shaq like dominant that his horrible basketball skills can be ignored.

Comment

Not about depth. It's about a bunch of parts that do not go together and are overall mediocre players.
              It's about Brandon Jennings being one of the more overrated players to play in the league. Jacking up 3's and shooting low %. Josh Smith being a headcase as well as jacking up more 3's than most pure shooters, even though he can't hit the backside of a barn. Monroe and Drummond not being a particularly good pairing together etc. Are they going to resign Monroe?
              If he can get that team to play well, or at the very least play HARD, then he's incredible.

Comment

1.Bulls (but that is so risky, it's so hard to predict them with Rose's injury woes, and even when he played last season he was well off his past form, of course he could've found it towards the end of the season though. Then Gasol. He moved really poorly last year...he will have to be in really good shape and stay injury free to have a big impact for them)
                2. Pacers. Not so high on them, but should do just enough to stay top 3.
                3. Cavs. I think it's funny to suggest they won't win a bunch of games. Despite inexperience and random parts.
                4. Raptors. I'm guessing around the same amount of wins as last season, east should be tougher.
                5. Wizards, could see them coming top 4 though.
                6. Heat
                7. Nets
                8. Hawks/Hornets...whatever.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  82-0!

Whys settle for anything else?
                  83-0!

Seriously though, I think there won't be a super-dominant team in the East this year. It will resemble 06-07 when only two teams got to 50 wins.

Bulls 53-29 (assuming Rose is back and decent)
                  Cavs 48-34 (assuming they don't get Love)
                  Raps 48-34
                  Pacers 46-36 (assuming Stephenson leaves and Hibbert is not traded)
                  Wizards 46-36
                  Heat 44-38
                  Nets 44-38 (assuming Brook is back and useful)
                  Hornets 41-41

Edit: if Val makes the Leap we could get to 52-53 wins. If Val AND Ross make the Leap we could win the conference.
                  Last edited by Scraptor; Mon Jul 14, 2014, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Edit: if Val makes the Leap we could get to 52-53 wins. If Val AND Ross make the Leap we could win the conference.
                    Yeah it will be very exciting to watch them
                    I think Val would definitely be a double double machine coming season, I think he will avg 10.5-11.5 rebounds per game and 13-15 ppg

As for ross... I have a feeling that Casey is gonna play James Johnson a lot, so I don't think he will make a huge leap

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                      I know its very early but how many games do you think the raptors will win and where they will stack up in the 2014/2015 season
                      I say 50 wins with the 4th spot
                      Keep in mind the east is going to be stronger
                      Cavs- Lebron, Bulls- Gasol&Rose, Hawks- Al Hoford is back, Wizards- The Truth, Pacers a bit drop off, and moreeeeee

1.Cavs- 60~22
                      2.Bulls- 56-26
                      3.Pacers- 51~31
                      4.Raptors- 50~32
                      5.Heat- 50~32
                      6.Wizards- 48~34
                      7.Hawks- 47~35
                      8.Bobcats- 44~38

My wildcard is the NYK's, i think they can win as anywhere between 35-50 games
                      Your win totals (one 60 wins team, 4 50s and 3 comfortably above 0.500) are not realistic. These look like Western conference figures. So either the rest of the East will have to suck in epic proportions, or these extra wins will have to come from inter conference games and the balance would have to shift to the East. I don't see either scenario happening.

And in your scenario, Raps would clinch the #3 seed, Heat #4 and Pacers #5 because of divisions.

Comment

Don't ask yourself how many wins should we expect based on last year. It should be how many wins do we expect based on two years ago. We are on an upward trend but even upward trends can have upper outliers. Demar had his first all star season. Lowry played the best year of his career. Injuries were somewhat limited. Some other teams were really bad. Really bad. I wouldn't be surprised if we played really well and still wound up as the 6th seed with 46ish wins. If you told me that two years ago, I'd say that is on the right track. I'll be happy to be surprised. It will take big leaps from JV and TR and while those would be awesome, I can't count on them for predictions.

Edit: as pointed out by others, I wasn't taking into account the fact that all the teams in the east that may be better than us, do not reside in the Atlantic division. That would bump my prediction to 4th seed. Not such a bold call but, there you go.
                        Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Jul 14, 2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I think the Raps will likely win around the same amount of games. We got better and deeper but the conference is also stronger now.

People are joking if they have Cleveland winning less than 50 games. This is LeBron we're talking about. While developing chemistry will be an issue. He won 61 games in 2009-10 with Mo Williams, Hickson, Andy V and an oft-injured, 37 year old Shaq.

I have Cleveland as the #1 seed if Rose isn't healthy. Indiana will take a step back with Lance gone.

Comment

Too Early to Tell but

1.Cavs-
                            2.Bulls-
                            3.Pacers-
                            4.Wizards-
                            5.Hawks-
                            6.Raptor
                            7.Hornets
                            8.Heat

Comment

The amount of people on this thread that don't understand the concept of division winners is ridiculous.

Chicago, Cleveland and Indiana CAN'T all be top 3 teams. It's actually impossible.

Comment

Matt.Johnson wrote: View Post
                                Too Early to Tell but

1.Cavs-
                                2.Bulls-
                                3.Pacers-
                                4.Wizards-
                                5.Hawks-
                                6.Raptor
                                7.Hornets
                                8.Heat
                                Raptors would be 4th in this case cause division winners get a top 4 seed

Comment

Working...
                                X