Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 201

Thread: The East is going to be much stronger this year

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The East is going to be much stronger this year

    LeBron moving to the Cavs has actually spread out the balance of power in the East. Miami still has a good team, and it reminds me a little bit of the 1994 Bulls team after MJ's first retirement. Obviously, Wade's health is a big issue, but I feel like he's going to be VERY motivated this year after being tossed aside by LBJ.

    Then you've got the Bulls, replacing Boozer with Pau is huge, then bringing in shooters like McBuckets and Mirotic is going to be awesome for their offense. If Rose is back that's another strong team.

    Indiana should still be strong despite likely losing Stephenson, who I think will be signed by the Hornets, who also have a very strong team with a great, young bigman rotation around Al Jeff and excellent perimeter defenders.

    Washington brings back their same team essentially but replace Ariza with Pierce. They should be a little better than last year with Beal and Wall improving.

    Atlanta was playing amazing with Horford, so if he's healthy I expect them to be very formidable.

    Then there's us, bringing back the same team expecting improvement from JV, Ross and DD. Also added some depth with Lou Will, James Johnson and the Brazilians giving us arguably the deepest team in the league.

    Cleveland
    Chicago
    Miami
    Toronto
    Indiana
    Charlotte
    Washington
    Atlanta

    All look very formidable heading into next season. The only playoff team I see regressing are the Brooklyn Bank-Breakers after losing their best perimeter defender in Livingston and Paul Pierce.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "Stuck in the middle with You" song comes to mind.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt.Johnson wrote: View Post
    "Stuck in the middle with You" song comes to mind.
    There used to be a huge gap between middle and top ...

  4. Like Nilanka liked this post
  5. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt.Johnson wrote: View Post
    "Stuck in the middle with You" song comes to mind.
    how exactly are we "stuck" in the middle?

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    However, we would still make the 3rd seed as long as we are above the rest of our division. Im not so worried.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think it was one of the other posters that said it on here and I agree that if the Raps make the same win total as last year it should be considered a success. There's always gonna be major injuries that you can't predict so you never know. East is def gonna be better, still no where near the west but better. Having like, 4 out of the first 5 picks helps too.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt.Johnson wrote: View Post
    "Stuck in the middle with You" song comes to mind.
    We're not "stuck" anywhere. Yes we are in the middle but there's room to grow and improve (young players, prospects, picks, financial flexibility).

    No need to be a pessimist.

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    However, we would still make the 3rd seed as long as we are above the rest of our division. Im not so worried.
    That's not true.

    The division leaders are guaranteed a place in the top 4 seeds, not top 3. That's why if Chicago had a better record than us they would've been the 3 seed, even though the Pacers won the central and we won the Atlantic.

  10. #9
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    East isn't better, IMO.

    The east has more parity amongst themselves however I would expect east to be weaker versus the west.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  11. Like Mediumcore, Nilanka liked this post
  12. #10
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    People are too hot on the Cavs right now. If they get Kevin Love then maybe they're number one but not yet.

  13. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    East isn't better, IMO.

    The east has more parity amongst themselves however I would expect east to be weaker versus the west.
    Yeah it's not like there's a bunch of good players moving east. The only "major" one might be Gasol. And I wouldn't count Ariza as some power shift. It's more about people getting healthy (Rose, Horford) and the younger teams just getting older and better. I think overall you would have to say the east is better, especially with all the high picks. It's not a big jump though. On paper no one has taken a step back except for maybe the Nets.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  14. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,375
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think we are still favourites to win the division.

    Philly: Not going up any time soon

    Boston: Still rebuilding

    Brooklyn: Fuck Brooklyn, Pierce and Livingston are gone, they'll be worse

    NY: Harder to predict, but Carmelo can't carry the team and with Jose/Shump/Melo/Amare/Bargs as a lineup, their defence will probably be horrendous.

    Toronto: Bringing back pretty much the same team that almost won 50 games last year, with some additions (Fish out, Lou, Johnson and the Brazilians in).
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  15. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You have to consider the fact that the Pacers, Bulls & Cavs are in the same division. Therefore, only 2 of them can be in the top 4 when it's all said and done.

    I like how the East is wide open with many teams gunning for the top spot. This should be exciting.

    The central division is suddenly the toughest division in the NBA. We get a good draw given that the Nets will most likely regress & the Knicks will have to transition into the triangle. Washington has as much say in the southeast as Miami. Atlanta is not far behind.

    Alot depends on the Pacers, whether they keep Lance but it should be exciting to watch the race for the Central division title.

    The way I see it, I like our chances of landing a top 4 seed given that our division is the weakest. I like our chances more than any other team in the East.

  16. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    You have to consider the fact that the Pacers, Bulls & Cavs are in the same division. Therefore, only 2 of them can be in the top 4 when it's all said and done.

    I like how the East is wide open with many teams gunning for the top spot. This should be exciting.

    The central division is suddenly the toughest division in the NBA. We get a good draw given that the Nets will most likely regress & the Knicks will have to transition into the triangle. Washington has as much say in the southeast as Miami. Atlanta is not far behind.

    Alot depends on the Pacers, whether they keep Lance but it should be exciting to watch the race for the Central division title.

    The way I see it, I like our chances of landing a top 4 seed given that our division is the weakest. I like our chances more than any other team in the East.
    The Southwest division is the toughest in the NBA.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  17. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    East isn't better, IMO.

    The east has more parity amongst themselves however I would expect east to be weaker versus the west.
    That is obviously what I meant and should've been crystal clear from the OP

  18. #16
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Boston is FLUSH with assets...if they decide to get trade happy they can make some things happen quickly. They already have Rondo in place.

  19. #17
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Even the garbage teams in the east will be better this season.

    Philly will be doing better with Noel on the court
    Boston will be doing better with a healthy Rondo
    Milwaukee was asbolutely decimated by injuries last season and should be better...Jabari Helps.
    Cavs now have Lebron
    Atlanta with Horford back
    Detroit with SVG will compete...not sure where they end up.
    I cant see the Knicks being any worse.

  20. Like Jclaw liked this post
  21. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm just glad we're in the Atlantic because the other divisions in the East look really tough next year.

  22. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    The Southwest division is the toughest in the NBA.
    I stand corrected. The central division is the toughest in the East & one of the toughest in the league.
    ďI donít create controversies. Theyíre there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.Ē

    -- Charles Barkley

  23. Like Employee liked this post
  24. #20
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    That is obviously what I meant and should've been crystal clear from the OP
    But yet the title is the total opposite of that sentiment and the OP makes no reference of the west.

    Regardless I'm giving my .02 on the subject.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •