Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    Could be more competitive within itself
    Then 'balanced' is a much better choice of words rather than stronger.

Again though, who gives a poop?

I expect this year to see the same type of outcome in year end standings as most recent seasons in the east:
    2-3 teams above 50 wins.
    3-4 teams 45-49 wins
    1-2 teams around .500
    With at least one team <.500 in playoffs

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      With at least one team <.500 in playoffs
      Just a feeling...and I have nothing to back this up with at this point but I think it will take a 500 record to get the 8th seed this year
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

can we cool it on the Cavs people...they aren't particularly deep at the moment.

Wiggins is a rookie
        Bennet might as well be
        Waiters is a ball dominant, defensive sieve
        Irving (see Waiters)
        Thompson has plateaued.

I mean yes Lebron makes any team a playoff threat but even this team smacks of 7th/8th seed at best THIS YEAR
        Compare this current Cavs team to the last LeBron Cavs team that won 61 games.

Irving > Mo Williams
        Wiggins > Anthony Parker
        LeBron
        TT < Varejao
        Varejao = Big Z

Or how about the Cavs team that won 66 games in 08-09 season.

Irving > Mo Williams
        Wiggins > Pavlovic
        LeBron
        TT < Varejao
        Varejao = Big Z

This Cleveland team is going to be good. I expect them to be at least in the EC Finals next season.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Just a feeling...and I have nothing to back this up with at this point but I think it will take a 500 record to get the 8th seed this year
          That's cool.

For the most part all we have here are opinions, theories, and hunches.

Comment

Boston is FLUSH with assets...if they decide to get trade happy they can make some things happen quickly. They already have Rondo in place.
            Ainge can't make a big trade. He's too concerned with winning a trade over moving assets. The BKN trade was about fleecing a terrible GM. He'll never move assets for a big player. He may move Rondo and get more picks and scrubs.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Compare this current Cavs team to the last LeBron Cavs team that won 61 games.

Irving > Mo Williams
              Wiggins > Anthony Parker
              LeBron
              TT < Varejao
              Varejao = Big Z

Or how about the Cavs team that won 66 games in 08-09 season.

Irving > Mo Williams
              Wiggins > Pavlovic
              LeBron
              TT < Varejao
              Varejao = Big Z

This Cleveland team is going to be good. I expect them to be at least in the EC Finals next season.
              LeBron is a point forward. He needs shooter around him to be effective. Mo Williams today would be better than the supporting cast he has around him today. Cavs will finish #5-8 and LBJ will have the worst season of career.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Ainge can't make a big trade. He's too concerned with winning a trade over moving assets. The BKN trade was about fleecing a terrible GM. He'll never move assets for a big player. He may move Rondo and get more picks and scrubs.
                You do know he was GM when they traded for Garnett and Allen, right?

But anyway, it takes 2 to tango. Ainge can't make a trade til someone is legitimately available in a trade. He's already been going after Love with no luck. So if some other big name becomes available, Ainge will throw Boston into the mix for that guy.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  That's cool.

For the most part all we have here are opinions, theories, and hunches.
                  Yep. Keep em coming.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

Trex you may be correct that the individual players are better now but those teams you mentioned are much better

Anthony Parker is way better corner 3 shooter than Dion Waiters
                    Mo Williams is a way better 3pt shooter that Kyrie Irving
                    Verajao is a better shooter than Thompson
                    and Ilgauskus is a better shooter than Verajao.

You can have great talent but ultimately you need great fits.

Clevelands 08/09 team would crush their 2014 team (as currently constructed) and it wouldn't be close
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

also to add...Rookies can put up numbers but veterans win games

Comment

I don't know. Give me TALENT over "shooters" anyday of the week. I can't believe we're even discussing this. And it's not like this Cavs team don't have any shooters. Irving is a very good shooter as well. And unlike Mo Williams, Irving can actually create his own shot and has the ability to take over a game.

Waiters is a pretty good shooter. Joe Harris can shoot the heck out of the ball. I think Mike Miller will sign w/ the Cavs, so that's another great shooter.

I also think people here for some reason are understimating what LeBron can do. When you have a LeBron James on your team you're automatically a 40 win team. Surround him w/ pure TALENT like Irving and Wiggins. Then we're talking about a 50+ win team.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

also to add...Rookies can put up numbers but veterans win games
                          I always had a hunch you were dwane casey

Comment

I don't know. Give me TALENT over "shooters" anyday of the week. I can't believe we're even discussing this. And it's not like this Cavs team don't have any shooters. Irving is a very good shooter as well. And unlike Mo Williams, Irving can actually create his own shot and has the ability to take over a game.

Waiters is a pretty good shooter. Joe Harris can shoot the heck out of the ball. I think Mike Miller will sign w/ the Cavs, so that's another great shooter.

I also think people here for some reason are understimating what LeBron can do. When you have a LeBron James on your team you're automatically a 40 win team. Surround him w/ pure TALENT like Irving and Wiggins. Then we're talking about a 50+ win team.
                            LeBron James just left a team surrounded by talent and two HOF players that only 56 games

Comment

I'm with you. People are definitely underestimating Lebron. He's that good people. You should know that by now.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                                I'm with you. People are definitely underestimating Lebron. He's that good people. You should know that by now.
                                Well people will understand when the Cavs inevitably smack us around the gym once or twice this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X