The East is going to be much stronger this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I've been quite clear that the issue is chemistry not talent. If Cleveland trades for pieces that fit I will gladly do away my list...but until then I think we should just all agree to disagree...and also agree that I'm right
    they already got mike miller and james jones. i think the writing's on the wall for waiters, personally.

keep in mind everyone thought the heat would take a while to build chemistry and for lebron to take over as alpha dog (over the incumbent, Wade) but they made the finals
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      they already got mike miller and james jones. i think the writing's on the wall for waiters, personally.

keep in mind everyone thought the heat would take a while to build chemistry and for lebron to take over as alpha dog (over the incumbent, Wade) but they made the finals
      There goes all the young talent playing. All the Heat bench players will be on the Cavs, expect Oden and Beasely soon. How good were the Heat without Bosh and Wade because thats Cleveland next season.

Comment

• [QUOTE=thead;356534]Even the garbage teams in the east will be better this season.

Philly will be doing better with Noel on the court
        Boston will be doing better with a healthy Rondo
        Milwaukee was asbolutely decimated by injuries last season and should be better...Jabari Helps.
        Cavs now have Lebron
        Atlanta with Horford back
        Detroit with SVG will compete...not sure where they end up.
        I cant see the Knicks being any worse.[/QUOTE]

I can. Chandler gone and enter Dalembert....bahahaha, that first round draft pick of theirs which we own is going to be so sweet!!

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          There goes all the young talent playing. All the Heat bench players will be on the Cavs, expect Oden and Beasely soon. How good were the Heat without Bosh and Wade because thats Cleveland next season.
          i don't expect jones to actually play much, especially in the regular season
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            i don't expect jones to actually play much, especially in the regular season
            They're going to fill the roster with veteran shooters. One by one the team gets older and pushes Waiters, Bennett and TT out.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Mediumcore;357475]
              thead wrote: View Post
              Even the garbage teams in the east will be better this season.

Philly will be doing better with Noel on the court
              Boston will be doing better with a healthy Rondo
              Milwaukee was asbolutely decimated by injuries last season and should be better...Jabari Helps.
              Cavs now have Lebron
              Atlanta with Horford back
              Detroit with SVG will compete...not sure where they end up.
              I cant see the Knicks being any worse.[/QUOTE]

I can. Chandler gone and enter Dalembert....bahahaha, that first round draft pick of theirs which we own is going to be so sweet!!
              Isn't the pick either the Knick's or Denver's, whichever is lower?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• [QUOTE=3inthekeon;357480]
                Mediumcore wrote: View Post

Isn't the pick either the Knick's or Denver's, whichever is lower?
                Whichever is higher. Denver can swap picks.

Comment

• [QUOTE=raptors999;357482]
                  3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Whichever is higher. Denver can swap picks.
                  We get the lower pick.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    They're going to fill the roster with veteran shooters. One by one the team gets older and pushes Waiters, Bennett and TT out.
                    they're on short term deals

i'm ASSUMING they're going to let the young guys develop more without the pressure of having to contribute right away. then when the deals are done they're more than ready for the spotlight. that's how they should be doing it, anyways.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      We get the lower pick.
                      Yeah, you are both saying the same thing. We get the worse pick. And it is in 2016, not this coming draft, so don't get too excited about the Knicks sucking just yet.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

On it.
                        You have my name wrong lower case "mc" and uppercase "HAPPY"

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          You have my name wrong lower case "mc" and uppercase "HAPPY"
                          rePAIRED my good sir
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

rePAIRED my good sir
                            Are you suggesting that the Cavs' ceiling this season is the 8th seed? In that case, add me to your list.

I think LBJ is a better all around player, with at least as strong a supporting cast as some of the Cleveland teams that he lead deep into the playoffs. I'm not arguing that they'll gel quickly enough to earn a top-'x' seed, but I'll be shocked if they aren't in the thick of the EC playoff positioning race.

Comment

• Nice read from Zach Lowe at Grantland.com mainly on impact of Indiana and Charlotte shakeups:

The Eastern Conference in 2014-15: “We’re not great, but we’re interesting!”
                              This could really be a coup for Charlotte. The team could have north of $12 million in cap space again next summer should it renounce Henderson’s rights (assuming he opts out), and it’s nabbed one of the best free agents on the market — in terms of basketball talent, anyway — at a discount. The Hornets are a legitimately dangerous playoff team now. The East is going to be wild.
                              http://grantland.com/the-triangle/la...rn-conference/

Comment

• Nice read Matt.

Comment

Working...
                                X