The East is going to be much stronger this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    The Cavs are going to be really effing good. Bennett is roundning back into form after a horriffic season healthwise, looks fantastic so far in Vegas, wiggans is already good. Add that to an already existing vet core of verajao and The bets player in the NBA with Irving, who, is WAY to slagged on this forum, he's elite.

I'm Putting the Cavs at Number three on my favs list, may even buy a hat or shirt.

for me....

1. Raps
    2. Spurs (until Pops leaves)
    3. Cavs
    dat bandwagon

But I feel you though, the Cavs are going to be very good this season. Don't understand the people who think they're gonna win less than 50 games.

LeBron produces about 16 wins on his own using win shares. That's already 49 wins. Then you're talking about adding Wiggins, and if Bennett is even an average NBA player that's even more.
    Last edited by imanshumpert; Wed Jul 16, 2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Thead put me on your list.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Charlotte is gonnna be interesting this year. Stephenson was a good pickup.

Comment

• Charlotte is going to be good this year
          Walker
          Stephenson/Henderson
          MKG/Hairston
          Zeller/Vonleh
          Jefferson

Comment

• We just might beat the Pacers but they will still hold a better record than us :S

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
              I swear... Trade away king James and do what? Which better player are you gonna get lmfao?
              They signed Miller who will take time away from Bennet at the 4 or will play the 3 with LeBron at the 4. Wiggins is a rookie expect them to sign a SG making Waiters useless. Irving at 14M on a team with LeBron isn't needed and costs too much. Wiggins + LeBron + Bennett could be the future but neither Wiggins or Bennett are ready. Cavs have a lot of pieces that aren't complimentary to LeBron but cost a lot since they were high picks.

Comment

• People saying the Cavs in LeBrons final year had no talent should see that they were less talented individually but really good as a team. The present day Cavs are better on paper then the results show.

2009 Cavs 112.4 off rtg (4th) 102.4 def rtg (3rd)
                2014 Cavs 104.2 (22nd) 107.7 (19th)

Comment

dat bandwagon
                  Remember, I'm old, and NOT a Bulls/MJ fan. I used to dream that Craig Ehlo would somehow beat those guys.....and the cavs were close a couple times back then...... never hated Cleveland really. And now, they have a canuck Roster. And I can drive there in like 2 hours from Niagara.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    People saying the Cavs in LeBrons final year had no talent should see that they were less talented individually but really good as a team. The present day Cavs are better on paper then the results show.

2009 Cavs 112.4 off rtg (4th) 102.4 def rtg (3rd)
                    2014 Cavs 104.2 (22nd) 107.7 (19th)
                    First of all that's not even correct.

LeBron's last year in CLE was 2009-10: Cavs oRTg: 111.2 (6th), dRTG 104.1 (7th). They won 61 games.

The next year (10-11, first year w/o LBJ) they dropped to oRTG: 102.2 (29th), dRTG 111.8 (29th). They LOST 63 games.

They still had Hickson, Mo Williams, Jamison, Varejao (missed a lot of games though), Parker, Gibson, etc. Basically the same team sans LBJ and Big Z, yet dropped astronomically.

You are SEVERELY underestimating the impact LBJ can have on a team.

Comment

You are SEVERELY underestimating the impact LBJ can have on a team.
                      He just doesn't want to end up on my list
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXteamsXXCLEXX2009.html

Any team that finishes top 4 in offense and defence is a great team. Take LeBron out and they suck because the offence and defence was built entirely around him. That creates efficiency.

Comment

• haven't really read this thread but i do think the east is stronger as a whole

the normally elite teams (heat/indy) are going to be worse, much worse, but still have all stars to keep them from floating into the mire. if i was running the heat i would have let everyone walk, signed bledsoe and monroe and rolled from there. but they're still a playoff team. losing stephenson is huge for indy, but at the same time it might actually help their team chemisty so long as george stops sleeping with everyones girlfriends.

the playoff teams from last year all got stronger. we're better. the wiz are better. charlotte's better.

the cavs are going to be substantially better and are my pick to win the east. lebron's done this before on a much worse cavs team and he wasn't half as good as he is now. they don't have a buffoon of a GM or coach anymore either. don't forget that. it is what it is.

teams like the knicks, boston and atlanta are question marks, but at the same time all have enough talent to make the playoffs. say what you want about them but they have some very strong pieces. then again the knicks could very well tank next year too. we'll see.

even the bottom feeders are better. the bucks and magic have some real potential there. it's not going to be a cakewalk against them anymore.

so yeah, i'd say the east is a lot stronger. it's part of the reason MU's plan to keep the core together is so smart, it already gives us a leg up. guys like Val and Ross will be better and our bench is (probably) better, but i honestly don't think we'll win the atlantic again just by showing up. the whole team has to play better.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Remember, I'm old, and NOT a Bulls/MJ fan. I used to dream that Craig Ehlo would somehow beat those guys.....and the cavs were close a couple times back then...... never hated Cleveland really. And now, they have a canuck Roster. And I can drive there in like 2 hours from Niagara.
                            count me in for a road trip. I fart a lot and will be contributing no money for gas...I hope this isn't a problem.
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              the cavs are going to be substantially better and are my pick to win the east. lebron's done this before on a much worse cavs team and he wasn't half as good as he is now.
                              welcome to the list

Comment

• what list
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X