The East is going to be much stronger this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The East is going to be much stronger this year

LeBron moving to the Cavs has actually spread out the balance of power in the East. Miami still has a good team, and it reminds me a little bit of the 1994 Bulls team after MJ's first retirement. Obviously, Wade's health is a big issue, but I feel like he's going to be VERY motivated this year after being tossed aside by LBJ.

Then you've got the Bulls, replacing Boozer with Pau is huge, then bringing in shooters like McBuckets and Mirotic is going to be awesome for their offense. If Rose is back that's another strong team.

Indiana should still be strong despite likely losing Stephenson, who I think will be signed by the Hornets, who also have a very strong team with a great, young bigman rotation around Al Jeff and excellent perimeter defenders.

Washington brings back their same team essentially but replace Ariza with Pierce. They should be a little better than last year with Beal and Wall improving.

Atlanta was playing amazing with Horford, so if he's healthy I expect them to be very formidable.

Then there's us, bringing back the same team expecting improvement from JV, Ross and DD. Also added some depth with Lou Will, James Johnson and the Brazilians giving us arguably the deepest team in the league.

Cleveland
    Chicago
    Miami
    Toronto
    Indiana
    Charlotte
    Washington
    Atlanta

All look very formidable heading into next season. The only playoff team I see regressing are the Brooklyn Bank-Breakers after losing their best perimeter defender in Livingston and Paul Pierce.

"Stuck in the middle with You" song comes to mind.

Comment

Matt.Johnson wrote: View Post
      There used to be a huge gap between middle and top ...

Comment

how exactly are we "stuck" in the middle?

Comment

However, we would still make the 3rd seed as long as we are above the rest of our division. Im not so worried.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think it was one of the other posters that said it on here and I agree that if the Raps make the same win total as last year it should be considered a success. There's always gonna be major injuries that you can't predict so you never know. East is def gonna be better, still no where near the west but better. Having like, 4 out of the first 5 picks helps too.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

We're not "stuck" anywhere. Yes we are in the middle but there's room to grow and improve (young players, prospects, picks, financial flexibility).

No need to be a pessimist.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                However, we would still make the 3rd seed as long as we are above the rest of our division. Im not so worried.
                That's not true.

The division leaders are guaranteed a place in the top 4 seeds, not top 3. That's why if Chicago had a better record than us they would've been the 3 seed, even though the Pacers won the central and we won the Atlantic.

Comment

East isn't better, IMO.

The east has more parity amongst themselves however I would expect east to be weaker versus the west.

Comment

People are too hot on the Cavs right now. If they get Kevin Love then maybe they're number one but not yet.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      East isn't better, IMO.

The east has more parity amongst themselves however I would expect east to be weaker versus the west.
                      Yeah it's not like there's a bunch of good players moving east. The only "major" one might be Gasol. And I wouldn't count Ariza as some power shift. It's more about people getting healthy (Rose, Horford) and the younger teams just getting older and better. I think overall you would have to say the east is better, especially with all the high picks. It's not a big jump though. On paper no one has taken a step back except for maybe the Nets.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I think we are still favourites to win the division.

Philly: Not going up any time soon

Boston: Still rebuilding

Brooklyn: Fuck Brooklyn, Pierce and Livingston are gone, they'll be worse

NY: Harder to predict, but Carmelo can't carry the team and with Jose/Shump/Melo/Amare/Bargs as a lineup, their defence will probably be horrendous.

Toronto: Bringing back pretty much the same team that almost won 50 games last year, with some additions (Fish out, Lou, Johnson and the Brazilians in).
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

You have to consider the fact that the Pacers, Bulls & Cavs are in the same division. Therefore, only 2 of them can be in the top 4 when it's all said and done.

I like how the East is wide open with many teams gunning for the top spot. This should be exciting.

The central division is suddenly the toughest division in the NBA. We get a good draw given that the Nets will most likely regress & the Knicks will have to transition into the triangle. Washington has as much say in the southeast as Miami. Atlanta is not far behind.

Alot depends on the Pacers, whether they keep Lance but it should be exciting to watch the race for the Central division title.

The way I see it, I like our chances of landing a top 4 seed given that our division is the weakest. I like our chances more than any other team in the East.
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                            You have to consider the fact that the Pacers, Bulls & Cavs are in the same division. Therefore, only 2 of them can be in the top 4 when it's all said and done.

I like how the East is wide open with many teams gunning for the top spot. This should be exciting.

The central division is suddenly the toughest division in the NBA. We get a good draw given that the Nets will most likely regress & the Knicks will have to transition into the triangle. Washington has as much say in the southeast as Miami. Atlanta is not far behind.

Alot depends on the Pacers, whether they keep Lance but it should be exciting to watch the race for the Central division title.

The way I see it, I like our chances of landing a top 4 seed given that our division is the weakest. I like our chances more than any other team in the East.
                            The Southwest division is the toughest in the NBA.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              East isn't better, IMO.

That is obviously what I meant and should've been crystal clear from the OP

Comment

Working...
                              X